Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK - That's IT! I am STILL not losing!

congratulations on your loss. i too was a bit scared when i was able to take my Protein but i had my surgery 5 weeks ago and i?ve been doing fine. i?ve managed to lose 20lbs. i could?ve lost more but there was a lot of food over the holidays. but now i am back on track and hoping to lose more and more.

I am having the same problem! My surgery was on Dec. 15th, starting weight 272 lbs and I lost 22 lbs. in the first two weeks. Now I've been stuck at the same weight for the past ten days! I'm glad I'm not the only one that this is happening to! My nutritionist says not to worry that I will lose no matter what, but its still very frustrating!! I do struggle with eating and getting fluids down. I'm trying my best to get in enough Water. I hope we both start losing!

Well, Saturday is my weigh in day and I GAINED 2 pounds!!!! WTH!! I'm 19 days out of surgery, only on soft/mushy foods and have NOT cheated at all! I'm blaming it all on my period and trying not to freak out!

Annak, I would blame it on your cycle if it's anything like mine I always bloat up with at least a few pounds - it's crazy!

I bet next week will be a much better week for weight loss. :blink:

MJ

Everyone, I am so glad to have you all as support! I don't feel alone, for those of you in the same boat and for those of you still losing, you have given me great tips and hope.

I will hopefully report back tomorrow with some good news! (i'm weighing in!)

After reading all the replies I am alittle confused why so many post-op patients are keeping so close track of everything they eat. I agree about making sure you get all your protien in and vitimans and avoiding sweets and lots of carbs, but really we got surgery to get away from all the craziness of counting calories and tracking, or at least that is why I did. It did not work for me prior to surgery. I have not since surgery tracked my daily in take of food or calories except for Protein and take my vitimans. I have blood work done every few months and everything is great. I guess my point is, is to try and relax, take a deep breath and hopefully this may get you going again. Keep on excercising and having a positive attitude towards yourself. I recently had a 8+week no loss, I feel for you, I know that it is very frustrating. The slow loss can happen at any place of our weightloss journey. Just remember, our bodies are trying to figure out what is going on too. It needs to catch up sometimes and recharge for the next leg of the journey. Take care and keep up the awesome job!

Renee'

After reading all the replies I am alittle confused why so many post-op patients are keeping so close track of everything they eat.

I wanted to maximize my "honeymoon" phase for the first 4-6 months. I was not obsessively tracking, but I did monitor my carbs very carefully for the first 4 months. I was very label conscious, and knew that if I follwed the rules, it would and did work for me. Protein first, green veggies then if any room carbs, it's logical and it works. I don't track religiously now that I'm at goal, and eat a wide variety of foods, including white carbs.

I think mentally you have to decide how you want to use this tool. If you want simple Portion Control, you have it. But, if you want the tool to work, as with any WLS, you have to change habits, and make the best choice to maximize your success.

I have only had 1/10 day stall, and I was already 6 months post-op. I never had a stall while monitoring my carb intake. I'm now maintaining, and know that if I would have been consuming 60+ grams of carbs per day, I'd not be anywhere near goal.

I had WLS to be able to enjoy food in moderation, and be healthy. I obviously failed at my "diet" attempts pre-op, but the sleeve made decisions for me, and assisted me in making better choices of what I put in my mouth/body.

Since I started tracking on Thedailyplate.com I have started going in the right direction again, I consider it an awesome tool. My surgeon advocates under 30 good carbs per day (veg) and under 800 calories. He says eating processed foods, white flour, sugar just makes you crave more of it. And, to prevent muscle wasting, keep your Protein around 70. P.S Remember to measure too...last month I lost 2 inches in my hips, even though I only lost 5 lbs and I was eating a lot of bad carbs...so that affected my weight loss too.

Best of luck to you, this is a journey, a tool, and the more compliant you are, the better you do, it's just plain physics..calories in, calories out.

Well here's my thoughts - you are both right on the money. I track to hold myself accountable for the fuel I put in my body. I don't beat myself for having treats. This is a life long journey and I want to enjoy it. But like Tiffany, I want to maximize my weight loss in the first 6 months. I want to be at goal total loss of 107lbs (27 lbs to go) by May 4th. I have dieted so much over the last 10 years and have never gotten close to my REAL GOAL. I would set higher goals to try to actually get close to them, but didn't do very well at that either. I failed because I wanted the junk, would eat the junk, blow the day, blow the weekend and eventually just say "screw it". I still love food, I still like to eat, and sometimes still want the junk (thankfully less often). But now, I have that cheeseburger when I want it (a bite or two anyway - thanks to my sleeve) and then I track it. I track it because it keeps me focused on my GOAL.

You are all doing so well. . .keep up the great work regardless of your way of doing this. . whatever works. . .i remember when i was on phentermine, i didn't watch carbs or anything, just Portion Control and no snacking and drinking a lot of Water along with exercise. . . it worked really well, lost 100 lbs in about 10 months, unfortunately i stopped the phentermine and well you all know the rest. . . right now with my sleeve however, i'm concentrating on the Protein thing. . . and having a good hard time with it, liquids are fine, but courser foods like cottage cheese, eggs, yogurt are a bit tougher. . . but it'll pass . . . thanks for listening, just my 2 cents worth. . .

This is why I love these sites! Everyone can post their thoughts, feelings and suggestions! What works for one individual may not work for another. Being able to see all the different options others have choose to make the surgery work for them, makes it so worth while to come and read the posts! Trial and error is part of the road to success! Never give up, just try another pathway if the other did not work!

Renee'

Me too, I love this site. I am just trying to get my body right and understand it better!

I hope my new found tips and tricks make my stubborn body respond!

I didn't go down anymore this morning. Weighed in at 250.8 AGAIN!

Very weird. I will do the counting carbs etc and stay on track this week and weigh in again next Sunday, and if something doesn't give, I will want to look further into the reasons, cause that is crazy!

BUT, at least I am not going up (that would be really insane with my intake at this point).

Anyway, keep the tips and chatter coming, I love it and love you guys!

R