Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Judy, I promise you, I know exactly how you feel. Please put the scale away or you will drive yourself crazy (If only I was as good at practicing what I preach). You will lose weight. You will have to. Your body is in shock right now. If you went from eating 3000-4000 calories a day to now eating 600-800 calories, most likely your body is holding on to everything right now for fear of starvation. It will start to release the fat once it becomes apparant you are eating every few hours.

If you are up 3 lbs and you're only eating 600-800 calories, there is no way that you gained 3 lbs of fat. Maybe Water weight.

Some other suggestions:

1. Take your measurements and see if you are losing inches.

2. Up your calories to closer to 800-1000. That's what I did and the weight started coming off again.

3. Watch your sodium. A lot of Soups and broths have a lot of sodium.

4. Make sure you get over 60 grams of Protein each day.

5. Make sure you get over 64 ounces of Water each day.

6. Make sure you are not constipated.

7. Sit back. Don't stress. It took a long time to gain it and it will take time to lose it as well.

You'll be fine, Judy.

Thank you so much for the encouragement and suggestions, I've been really down, but this helps a lot. I'll just keep on doing what I'm doing,

and wait for the weight start coming off. It can't stay forever, right?

I also did some praying.

I would cut the carbs completely, and get back to basics. The 3lb gain could be Water weight, and it'll drop. You're not doomed to anything unless you allow this to get you down.

Are you grazing or snacking? What are you eating specifically?

Hey Tiff

Well, lets see....I try to have Protein first thing in the morning. Either with

a couple slices of ham with cheese rolled in it, egg beaters, or a Protein Drink like, boost or Atkins or ensure. I have had 1/2 cup of refried Beans for lunch, sometimes low sodium chili with Beans, or tuna salad. I drink crystal light all day 40 to 60 ozs. I have a SF pudding with light cool whip for a snack, or Dannon light Yogurt. For dinner I have sauteed about 7 shrimp , or venison or chicken then puree them. I have a about 5 doritos occationally, or pork rhines, crushed of course. I've had a banana mashed up with a tbsp of Jiff in it, very good. I have had some chocolates (just one) at a time. I have had a few bites of mashed potatoes a few times, and a couple bites of pumpkin pie once. And I did try some won ton Soup the other night. That's about it.

Hey Tiff

a couple slices of ham with cheese rolled in it, egg beaters, or a Protein Drink like, boost or Atkins or ensure. I have had 1/2 cup of refried Beans for lunch, sometimes low sodium chili with Beans, or tuna salad. I drink crystal light all day 40 to 60 ozs. I have a SF pudding with light cool whip for a snack, or Dannon light Yogurt. For dinner I have sauteed about 7 shrimp , or venison or chicken then puree them. I have a about 5 doritos occationally, or pork rhines, crushed of course. I've had a banana mashed up with a tbsp of Jiff in it, very good. I have had some chocolates (just one) at a time. I have had a few bites of mashed potatoes a few times, and a couple bites of pumpkin pie once. And I did try some won ton Soup the other night. That's about it.

I'm SO jealous!! I'll be a month out tomorrow and couldn't FORCE myself to eat even a fraction of what you are able to get in..... I MISS FOOD!!! haha - - just not fair! *stomp*

I'm lucky to get down two tablespoons of refried beans - the rest of my intake is either watered down, pureed or pulverized - - and nothing as yummy as what you're getting! :drool5:

Ok, I'm already stalled. I'm 12 days out, and the scale won't move. What

do I do? I've only lost 11 lbs on 12 days. And all of that was the first week. 2nd week nothing.

I will admit I haven't stuck completely to the post op diet, but I've not

wandered that far. Yestrday I ate 1 egg for Breakfast, 7 shrimp (sauted) for lunch, and tuna salad for dinner, along with my juices and shake and pudding across the day. I never eat more than 3 onces of anything.

What am I doing wrong? I do Water down apple juice (simply apple) half & half. And drink that all day, is that too many calories?

Oh yeah and I did, eat a tiny bit of party food Friday night. cheese, egg nog, grapes, cheese dip and 2 tiny squares of cheese cake, about an hour apart. I'm at a loss of what to do. And advice?

Holy Moley. I just saw this. You are eating all of this at 12 days out? At that point I was just on to full liquids and was having a hard time getting that down. I am surprised at how different each doctor is about post op diet. But even had I been allowed solids at that point I could not have gotten all that food in in one day.

I did see that folks cautioned you about the calories and you are heeding that advice. Things will get moving again. Stalls happen. Stalls are evil, but stalls will happen. This won't be you last. And you will LOSE. I've gone through a number of frustrating stalls but I'm getting there. You will too.

Hey Tiff

How many carbs are in the boost, ensure? Everything else looks really great. I just know that when I was looking at Ensure and Boost drinks, they were chalked full of carbs so I steered clear.

Your body may just be holding onto the weight temporarily. Hide the scale for a few days or a couple of weeks, and then weigh-in.

I have never had a true stall. Meaning, I've never gone a week (much less 2 weeks) without losing at least 1-2 pounds. But, this week, I've finally been able to get my weight to stay the same. I've had problems with losing too much, too fast.

wowza...eating all those solids twelve days after surgery? I'm struggling just to get my fluids down. I'd be worried at this early you could cause a leak eating any type of solid. As far as I understand first two weeks post op are strictly liquid, 3-4 weeks post op are soft liquids (eggs, yogurt, tofu, cottage cheese) consuming only 600-800 per day, strictly eating on three meals per day and no snacking. You should be calculating everything your consuming to be sure that you're taking in enough Protein and you should be consuming 64 oz of Fluid per day. I definitely would not recommend jumping on that scale more than once a week. I would also be sure you're excercising enough. Be careful!

Judy-

WOW- 17 days out and there was no way I could eat what you are.

I'm not gonna preach...... but am going to be a bit "firm" OK??

Dorritos??? Bad Idea. You need to start making healthy and smart choices early.

Juice: whether you dilute it or not......... lots of sugar and unnessesary calories. Stay with the crystal light or Water.... and drink all day long.

Nuts: WAY too soon to be eating these! And lots of calories. Is good for you.. but later out.... not this soon.

Yogurt: Lots of calories in this. but kroger has a brand called Carb Masters- less carbs and more Protein. I think it has 80 calories where the others have like 250 or more. and more Protein than the others... and it taste GREAT!

Read your labels!! Lots of things sound "healthy and good for you" but not always the case

And I disagree with losing the scale....... I think you NEED the scale to help you stay accountable.

If you are up a pound..... go back to basics......... and try to drink more Water. Do more protein.

I'm a firm believer in keeping a journal- write down EVERYTHING you eat..........

How much you ate.... and why.......

Hunger? bordom? lonely? pissed??

you get the picture.

Measure once a week.......... you may not lose pounds, but inches.

I know you will be ok.....it is frustrating..... I have been at a stall for a few months.. a pound or two here and there......but my problem is I am not eating....... I need to up my portein...... but I don't have any hunger........ and I forget.

keep a positive attitude......... that helps tremedously!!!

Domn't compare yourself to others.. EVERYONE loses differently.

I'm rooting for you Judy!! I know you can do it and you will!!

Big ((((((HUGS))))))))))

Edited by Chancie

Um, I only weigh myself once a week and the two weeks before my period, I don't weigh at all. I seem to collect a bit of fluids before, so it would only depress me to see the gain or stall on the scales.< /p>

Dr Aceves patients do 10 days of clear liquid. I drank unflavored prtein powder in crystal lite. then10 days of full liquids. I had Protein drinks made with Water that were 120 calories.or I had egg drop Soup or Tomato Soup that I got from my band dr. that's 20 grams of Protein and 120 calories.

So that's 20 days of liquid. There is no way at 12 days I was ready for anything else.

For mushies I had about 1/3 cup of chicken salad or egg salad, etc. two bites at a time. I ate 2 bites and maybe 45 min later I had another 2 bites. I still drank Protein Drinks because

eating was difficult.

Holy Moley. I just saw this. You are eating all of this at 12 days out? At that point I was just on to full liquids and was having a hard time getting that down. I am surprised at how different each doctor is about post op diet. But even had I been allowed solids at that point I could not have gotten all that food in in one day.

I did see that folks cautioned you about the calories and you are heeding that advice. Things will get moving again. Stalls happen. Stalls are evil, but stalls will happen. This won't be you last. And you will LOSE. I've gone through a number of frustrating stalls but I'm getting there. You will too.

NO darlin' not 12 days, I'm 18 days out, I'm close to the end of my third week.

Can you up the exercize a bit? Do you have energy? Gosh, I am sorry you are having to go thru this. But, you will loose. Do not give up. Maybe you are going to be that one tough case. But you will still loose. It is just going to be more frustrating for you. Sorry again.

Dr Aceves patients do 10 days of clear liquid. I drank unflavored prtein powder in crystal lite. then10 days of full liquids. I had Protein drinks made with Water that were 120 calories.or I had egg drop Soup or Tomato Soup that I got from my band dr. that's 20 grams of Protein and 120 calories.

So that's 20 days of liquid. There is no way at 12 days I was ready for anything else.

For mushies I had about 1/3 cup of chicken salad or egg salad, etc. two bites at a time. I ate 2 bites and maybe 45 min later I had another 2 bites. I still drank Protein Drinks because

eating was difficult.

I am 18 days out now, NOT 12, that was my first posted of my stall. It's lasted from the 6th until the now at 18 days out. that's 12 days stalled.

And I don't eat this food all at once, like you I eat a couple bites at a time until it's gone, NOT all at once. Some things go down really good, somethings don't. I've stoped the doritos & pork rhines. I just had a little bit of crushed ones because I MISS flavor. Banana's & Peanut Butter go down well but a few bites at a time. Same with everything else. Hormel Chili w/beans is one of my favorites, and refried Beans. pudding goes down well, and eggs, meats gives me problems, so I've cut back on that also.

Today I had, 1 scrambled egg w/catchup on it, yummy. I had chili for lunch 1/2 cup. I tried some pulled pork for dinner, bad idea, it sat like a rock, won't do that again ! I had a protein drink a while ago. I've not had much else other than that, but have drank lots of crystal light.

I appreciate you being "stir" you guys are the veterians, I am flying by the seat of my pants. I value all opinions ! And don't take them personal.

We all need help at times, we all need a good chewing out occationally.

I love and respect all of you, your guys keep me going..THANK YOU!!!!

judy-

wow- 17 days out and there was no way i could eat what you are.

i'm not gonna preach...... But am going to be a bit "firm" ok??

dorritos??? Bad idea. You need to start making healthy and smart choices early.

juice: Whether you dilute it or not......... Lots of sugar and unnessesary calories. Stay with the crystal light or Water.... And drink all day long.

nuts: Way too soon to be eating these! And lots of calories. Is good for you.. But later out.... Not this soon.

yogurt: Lots of calories in this. But kroger has a brand called carb masters- less carbs and more Protein. I think it has 80 calories where the others have like 250 or more. And more Protein than the others... And it taste great!

read your labels!! Lots of things sound "healthy and good for you" but not always the case

and i disagree with losing the scale....... I think you need the scale to help you stay accountable.

if you are up a pound..... Go back to basics......... And try to drink more Water. Do more protein.

i'm a firm believer in keeping a journal- write down everything you eat..........

how much you ate.... And why.......

hunger? Bordom? Lonely? Pissed??

you get the picture.

measure once a week.......... You may not lose pounds, but inches.

i know you will be ok.....it is frustrating..... I have been at a stall for a few months.. A pound or two here and there......but my problem is i am not eating....... I need to up my portein...... But i don't have any hunger........ And i forget.

keep a positive attitude......... That helps tremedously!!!

domn't compare yourself to others.. Everyone loses differently.

i'm rooting for you judy!! I know you can do it and you will!!

big ((((((hugs))))))))))

thank you chancie, i appreciate everything you have to say, i need a good stirn talking to now and then. You guys are the one's who know ropes, i'm learning as i go. So all opinions are truely appreciated !!!!! Cheerleaders are wonderful things!!!!

Hugs right back atcha !!!!!

see, even at 18 days though I was still on liquids. 10 days clear , 10 days of full liquid. I lost 20 lbs on the post op diet.