Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, I'm already stalled. I'm 12 days out, and the scale won't move. What

do I do? I've only lost 11 lbs on 12 days. And all of that was the first week. 2nd week nothing.

I will admit I haven't stuck completely to the post op diet, but I've not

wandered that far. Yestrday I ate 1 egg for Breakfast, 7 shrimp (sauted) for lunch, and tuna salad for dinner, along with my juices and shake and pudding across the day. I never eat more than 3 onces of anything.

What am I doing wrong? I do Water down apple juice (simply apple) half & half. And drink that all day, is that too many calories?

Oh yeah and I did, eat a tiny bit of party food Friday night. cheese, egg nog, grapes, cheese dip and 2 tiny squares of cheese cake, about an hour apart. I'm at a loss of what to do. And advice?

If you want to figure it out, you must measure your intake and calculate the number of calories you are eating and drinking, the grams of Protein, grams of carbs, and the ounces of liquids. When I had a stall, I went back to measuring and learned I was eating 1400 calories. I was shocked. But that is why I stalled. Gotta have BETWEEN 600-800 calories per day and no more if you want this to work. And no more than 80 grams of carbohydrates per day. At least 70 ounces of Water or other fluids, and AT LEAST 70-100 grams of protein.

If you are doing that, and still not losing, it is just a stall while your body readjusts, and you should persist in the diet. You will be losing inches even while the pounds are not changing, Eventually the scales will start moving again if you follow the diet properly.

Judy, it is okay, you are doing fabulous. If you read back through the threads, you will see that just about everyone reaches a stall around week three or so. It seems like that is the time our body suddenly goes "whoa, what the heck is going on here?" and realizes there is a lot of major changes going on and suddenly puts a halt to everything while it adjusts to all of the changes it has been put through. Be patient, the weight will start coming off again in very soon. In the mean time, make sure you are taking your measurements as well. Even though the scale may not be showing anything, it is very well possible that you are losing inches.

Judy, I didn't even weigh myself for the first 9 days (the surgeon made me promise not to get on the scale for two weeks, but I couldn't do it), so not sure when I lost in my first 2 weeks, could have all been the first week?? I do know that at two weeks out I had a stall that lasted 13 days. It started in my second week, instead of third like a lot of people, but lucky me lasted through my third week so I could feel "normal" like everyone else:-) I'm just trying to say, that you might be in the middle of your "week three" stall that most seem to go through. Many people have theorized that the stall is caused by starting the mushy/soft food stage and it seems you are in that eating phase now. BUT as long as you're following the plan, the weight will come off. Good luck and vent away, that's how many of us get through them.

First, get off the damn scale. I know that sounds rough, but a scale can be an inaccurate measure of success. Those scales are not the be-all, end-all to weight loss, just an occasional barometer to know how things are going. I weigh maybe once per month. Twice if I just want to do a mid-month progress check. A good poop or two and you'll be fine! I speak from experience :bananajump:

Now, that being said, you are doing great! One day at a time, chew chew chew, get your Vitamins, and make sure that Protein gets down! Look for those NSVs (non-scale victories) to bolster your changes. You'll be fine!

If you want to figure it out, you must measure your intake and calculate the number of calories you are eating and drinking, the grams of Protein, grams of carbs, and the ounces of liquids. When I had a stall, I went back to measuring and learned I was eating 1400 calories. I was shocked. But that is why I stalled. Gotta have BETWEEN 600-800 calories per day and no more if you want this to work. And no more than 80 grams of carbohydrates per day. At least 70 ounces of Water or other fluids, and AT LEAST 70-100 grams of Protein.

If you are doing that, and still not losing, it is just a stall while your body readjusts, and you should persist in the diet. You will be losing inches even while the pounds are not changing, Eventually the scales will start moving again if you follow the diet properly.

Cajun

You were absolutely right. I was consentrating on Protein and totally over looked the calories. The first week I did great, averaging 400-600 calories, but the second week was awful. I added it all up, and was averaging 1000 to 1400 calories per day.

I had been drinking Ensure, full of protein but 230 calories per 8 ozs.:bananajump: I ate some pork too, I had NO idea it was 315 per 3 oz.'s. :blink: Only 1 oz of cheddar 114 calories. I had that too. Then I had peanuts 162 calories per oz. :bananajump: I also haven't been drinking enough liquids according to what you are drinking. I was only getting about 40 oz.'s. Thank you for the pep talk. I will go back over everything and redue my diet plan.

If you haven any suggestions on what food are high in protein but low in calories, please feel free to pass it along.

THANKS!!!!!

First, get off the damn scale. I know that sounds rough, but a scale can be an inaccurate measure of success. Those scales are not the be-all, end-all to weight loss, just an occasional barometer to know how things are going. I weigh maybe once per month. Twice if I just want to do a mid-month progress check. A good poop or two and you'll be fine! I speak from experience :bananajump:

Now, that being said, you are doing great! One day at a time, chew chew chew, get your Vitamins, and make sure that Protein gets down! Look for those NSVs (non-scale victories) to bolster your changes. You'll be fine!

THanks BOB, I think your right, I check it every day. I'm not going to check it at all this week. :bananajump:

Thank you ALL for your words of encouragement, it is so nice to have such wonderful thoughtful people to help get through a tough time. I appreciate you guys way more than you know !!!!!! HUGS!!!!

Cajun

You were absolutely right. I was consentrating on Protein and totally over looked the calories. The first week I did great, averaging 400-600 calories, but the second week was awful. I added it all up, and was averaging 1000 to 1400 calories per day.

I had been drinking Ensure, full of Protein but 230 calories per 8 ozs.:crying: I ate some pork too, I had NO idea it was 315 per 3 oz.'s. :blink: Only 1 oz of cheddar 114 calories. I had that too. Then I had peanuts 162 calories per oz. :sad0: I also haven't been drinking enough liquids according to what you are drinking. I was only getting about 40 oz.'s. Thank you for the pep talk. I will go back over everything and redue my diet plan.

If you haven any suggestions on what food are high in protein but low in calories, please feel free to pass it along.

THANKS!!!!!

Go to Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Fish, sardine, Atlantic, canned in oil, drained solids with bone

to research how many calories are in various foods.

I'm 15 days out. I've adjusted my calories to 600-800, I've increased my Water intake. Yesterday I lost 2 lbs, this morning they are back. I don't understand why I'm not loosing. How can this be? I used to eat 3000-4000 a day, and I'm barely eating anything, WHY can't I loose? I'm a positive person, but this is really getting to me. I'm even checking inches and nothing. Is normal to get stall THIS early in the game?

Back to total frustration. sigh.............................

Judy, I hit a stall at 2 weeks out. I lost 17 lbs in 2 weeks and then nothing for about a week and a half. In fact the scale moved up a pound. I woke up crying the other morning because I was just so sure I'd be all alone and this surgery wouldn't work for me. Well I upped my Protein, I had not been getting nearly enough. I upped my Water intake and I started really paying attention to what I was eating, watching sodium and such. I woke up today and I'm down 2 lbs. I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing but I read that sometimes you have to mix things up to keep your body guessing.

I'm 15 days out. I've adjusted my calories to 600-800, I've increased my Water intake. Yesterday I lost 2 lbs, this morning they are back. I don't understand why I'm not loosing. How can this be? I used to eat 3000-4000 a day, and I'm barely eating anything, WHY can't I loose? I'm a positive person, but this is really getting to me. I'm even checking inches and nothing. Is normal to get stall THIS early in the game?

Back to total frustration. sigh.............................

I agree with bobby. Put the scales away. Wait two weeks then weigh.

Judy, I hit a stall at 2 weeks out. I lost 17 lbs in 2 weeks and then nothing for about a week and a half. In fact the scale moved up a pound. I woke up crying the other morning because I was just so sure I'd be all alone and this surgery wouldn't work for me. Well I upped my Protein, I had not been getting nearly enough. I upped my Water intake and I started really paying attention to what I was eating, watching sodium and such. I woke up today and I'm down 2 lbs. I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing but I read that sometimes you have to mix things up to keep your body guessing.

I'm 17 days out now...still no change. I'm still stalled. I've lowered my calorie intake, upped my Water intake, walk every single say. I'm watching

my carbs. I've gained 3 lbs. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE? I'm so depressed....

Am I dumed to be fat the rest of my life? I don't understand this...What is left to do?

:crying:

I'm 17 days out now...still no change. I'm still stalled. I've lowered my calorie intake, upped my Water intake, walk every single say. I'm watching

Am I dumed to be fat the rest of my life? I don't understand this...What is left to do?

Judy, I promise you, I know exactly how you feel. Please put the scale away or you will drive yourself crazy (If only I was as good at practicing what I preach). You will lose weight. You will have to. Your body is in shock right now. If you went from eating 3000-4000 calories a day to now eating 600-800 calories, most likely your body is holding on to everything right now for fear of starvation. It will start to release the fat once it becomes apparant you are eating every few hours.

If you are up 3 lbs and you're only eating 600-800 calories, there is no way that you gained 3 lbs of fat. Maybe Water weight.

Some other suggestions:

1. Take your measurements and see if you are losing inches.

2. Up your calories to closer to 800-1000. That's what I did and the weight started coming off again.

3. Watch your sodium. A lot of Soups and broths have a lot of sodium.

4. Make sure you get over 60 grams of Protein each day.

5. Make sure you get over 64 ounces of water each day.

6. Make sure you are not constipated.

7. Sit back. Don't stress. It took a long time to gain it and it will take time to lose it as well.

You'll be fine, Judy.

I would cut the carbs completely, and get back to basics. The 3lb gain could be Water weight, and it'll drop. You're not doomed to anything unless you allow this to get you down.

Are you grazing or snacking? What are you eating specifically?