Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has any one had Dr. Liza Maria Pompa gonzalez in Tijuana Mexico? If you have please share your experience with the staff and with the surgeon.I was sheduled to have surgery with Dr. Mario Almanza but all the stories about leaks and the after care i can't shake that thought in my head.So please any good input will be good.:thumbup:

Check out Bariatric Surgeon Profile - Guillermo Alvarez M.D.

Guillermo Alvarez M.D.

Dr. Guillermo Alvarez: Gastric Sleeve (VSG) & Lap-Band®

112 Rodrigo Andalon St. Suite A

Piedras Negras

I met a woman from Illinois who went to him. She and her husband had nothing but good to say about him and his staff. They showed us pictures and explained everything to us. I also sent messages to many other people on OH who used him. I received about 17 responses, and every one of them said wonderful things about him. If I were going to go to Mexico, I would choose him. I know he checks for leaks before releasing you from the hospital; then you stay at a hotel in the states for 2-3 more days; then he has you come back in and checks for leaks again before you go home. The hotel and transportation back and forth from the hotel and hospital is included in his price, which was $10,500 when I last checked.

Has any one had Dr. Liza Maria Pompa gonzalez in Tijuana Mexico? If you have please share your experience with the staff and with the surgeon.I was sheduled to have surgery with Dr. Mario Almanza but all the stories about leaks and the after care i can't shake that thought in my head.So please any good input will be good.:thumbup:

Thank you .

If you choose Pompa, make sure she isn't making large sleeves anymore. I know some of her patients from obesityhelp.com were upset over have big sleeves, and not losing. There's several threads on obesityhelp.com with her complication/upset patients on there.

I had been sleeved by Dr. Miguel Zapata in Monterrey, Mexico. Before deciding on the doctor I did a lot of homework , and then zeroed in for this doctor as he had an excellent track record and didn't have much of negative feedback. You might want to look at this doctor before finalizing yours. Good Luck..

have you thought of going to mexicali, with dr. aceves?

i suggest you call Nina who's dr.aveces patient coordinator, she'll gladly give you all the information you need and will help you come to a decision.

wish you the best of luck!!

Nina Eguia

Patient Coordinator, Dr Aceves

888 344 3916 toll free

nina_eguia@yahoo.com

Go to obesityhelp.com. There is a lot of good things about Dr. Almanza. I have not read any bad things about him.

Sorry can't help you with that. . . I stayed close to home and had my surgery right here in San Antonio. . . don't trust those mexican countries. . .but that is my only opinion. . . good luck