Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had a breast lift 4 yrs ago now, and was worried that they would reduce in size too much ( I love my boobs!!).... but they didn't. In fact they look bigger now!!

The scarring look extreme to begin, but certainly around the nipple and down have faded so much, I kept them out the sun and should occasion arise when I can go topless I ue a sunblock, but I am proud to get them out!

Theres no way I would have every done that before.

What about bat wings under the arms? I never had big arms but with the weight came bigger upper arms. Now that I'm half way to goal, the under the arms skin is loose. Will this go away or tighten up or will I have to have it taken off? What do you guys think?

AJW, did you ever get any response to the bat wings question? I wonder too. I thought I would have to have a Tummy Tuck, but, nope. Tummy is fine. Upper`arms and legs are another issue completely. I am working out with weight and doing the bike, but things are not looking good. I think my age is a problem with some of this. sigh. Let me know if you get any responses. and please let me know if you go for a surgery correction. I am not to your level yet. (size 6 smartie) so I cannot even consider the surgery option yet, but, I wanna know!!!

Nope, never got a response about this. I think it'll be a matter of personal preference, though, don't ya think? I'm 61 so my age is working against me too. And I don't work out with weights, but that would only ensure muscle development and won't help loose skin, despite what my DH tries to tell me. It may have to come off. I'll ask the plastic surgeon about it when that time comes - probably later in the year. You keep working it, though, Carolyn, we could go to Mexicali together to see Dr. Bello, the plastics guy!

AJW, did you ever get any response to the bat wings question? I wonder too. I thought I would have to have a Tummy Tuck, but, nope. Tummy is fine. Upper`arms and legs are another issue completely. I am working out with weight and doing the bike, but things are not looking good. I think my age is a problem with some of this. sigh. Let me know if you get any responses. and please let me know if you go for a surgery correction. I am not to your level yet. (size 6 smartie) so I cannot even consider the surgery option yet, but, I wanna know!!!

So...if one is going to have a lift...and possibly implants to go along with it...do you get to pick out the size, shape, nipple placement etc?

Also...does one retain nipple sensitivity if they've been removed and reattached?

So..I want a gallery of boob pics so I can pick out my dream boobs..anyone know of one?

Different plastic surgeon sites will have before/after photos; just google it.

You definitely get to pick out the size - look at stupid Heidi Montag - or don't look, she definitely went out of her mind and is now unhappy with the back pain she has due to the size if you can believe the weekly magazines. The doctor will show you different sizes and shapes. They don't remove the nipple, they work around it, and YES, you can lose sensitivity there so keep that in mind. I had implants in 1978 (silicone) and had them replaced in 1995 with saline. The silicone definitely looks more natural, especially these days now that they've perfected it so much better. I had my replaced b/c I was told they were leaking; upon closer surgical inspection, they were NOT leaking, but they were replaced anyway. I will be having my current saline replaced with the nip/tuck portion of my makeover and going back to silicone with Dr. Bello in Mexico. Nothing is set up yet, just planning that in the months to come. Hope this helps you.

So...if one is going to have a lift...and possibly implants to go along with it...do you get to pick out the size, shape, nipple placement etc?

Also...does one retain nipple sensitivity if they've been removed and reattached?

So..I want a gallery of boob pics so I can pick out my dream boobs..anyone know of one?

Does anyone know if having breast enhancement/implants lift, etc. increases the risk of breast cancer?

It's never been proven that it does. If it did there'd be a LOT of women with breast cancer because of implants. No scientific evidence has ever linked implants to cancer, not even silicone. It was never proven.

Does anyone know if having breast enhancement/implants lift, etc. increases the risk of breast cancer?

Lan I just wanted to respond to your question about cancer and implants. I used to do mammography which included implants and I had never heard that there was an increase of breast cancer. It is however more difficult to image the natural breast tissue around the implant with mammography alone. We use ultrasound as another tool and also advanced imaging with MRI on certain cases, but you should know it is harder to always be certain. I have to say that my husband says pop a couple in there anyway, especially since they have gone south on me.

I didn't have implants, and to be honest didn't need them.... but my nipples weren't detached, as I only had a lift and not a reduction.

If they remove your nipples then I think you loose the sensitivity - if not then they are fine - mine weren't removed and they're just great.

But I haven't regained all my sense of feeling around the other incisions... and that is coming up for 4 yrs ago now.

As for the gallery of boobs........ LOL - don't google the word!!! :)

Nope, never got a response about this. I think it'll be a matter of personal preference, though, don't ya think? I'm 61 so my age is working against me too. And I don't work out with weights, but that would only ensure muscle development and won't help loose skin, despite what my DH tries to tell me. It may have to come off. I'll ask the plastic surgeon about it when that time comes - probably later in the year. You keep working it, though, Carolyn, we could go to Mexicali together to see Dr. Bello, the plastics guy!

Can you tell me about Dr. Bello? Any links? My boobs have lost all elasticity and although not too large they lie flat as pancakes! I also am thinking about my tummy and face. I'm only in the thinking about it stage at this point a good time for information gathering and I would venture out of the country since it is so out of pocket expensive, providing I have reference to a GREAT plastic surgeon with a track record. Thanks.

Dr. Bello is a recommended plastic surgeon from Dr. Aceves' team and coordinators. Several folks have gone to him and really liked the results. He's in Mexicali or suburbs thereof. There is no website; he gets referrals by word of mouth. All I have is an email address. He operates out of the Almater, like Dr. Aceves does. His email is

drmanuelbello@yahoo.com.mx ....you can post for more info. on Dr. Aceves Yahoo group. Several people have been to him, all had favorable outcomes and comments. That's where I heard of him.

Question about Dr. Bello, have you heard about his work on the eyelifts? I am seriously starting to think about this in the coming year anniversary in Dec. along with a breast lift.

Thanks AJW.

I know from the Yahoo forum someone who got her eyes done, and they look incredible, so he's good at all parts of the body from what I've seen. He and another doctor in Mexicali, Dr. Luque (sp?), are THE TWO most highly recommended, including from Wasabubblebutt (Bipley on the other forum), and she's done her homework on all these doctors. That's all I know. You'd have to take photos of yourself and email them to Dr. Bello, this is how he estimates the cost of what is needed.

OK....I found a post from someone who used Dr. Luque; this is what she said:

I just had plastic surgery with Dr. Luque. He does not have a website but I can give you his phone number and email address.

His phone is 760-652-1230

Email address is jcluque@gmail.com

I highly recommend Dr. Luque. I had Tummy Tuck, breast lift with implants, Lipo and the skin over my eye lids removed because they hung over my eyelids. If you speak with Dr. Luque, be sure and tell him Lisa Russell highly recommended him. I am absolutly pleased with what he did. He is excellent Doctor.

Question about Dr. Bello, have you heard about his work on the eyelifts? I am seriously starting to think about this in the coming year anniversary in Dec. along with a breast lift.

Thanks AJW.

Edited by AJW

When I had my breast reduction, they removed the nipples, but I actually GAINED sensitivity afterward. I may be an unusual case, but for me they are now almost too sensitive. About the boob gallery--if you go to locateadoc.com and search breast lift, it has photos of many different US surgeon's work. I printed out photos of breast reductions from there and made my husband go through and pick the ones he liked best, then took the photo to my surgeon. They turned out GREAT. Every doctor in the US who saw them afterward was really impressed that I had that outcome without adding any silicone for volume on top. There are a lot of seriously ugly breast reductions out there, so I was thrilled with my outcome.