Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kzol - sounds like you got a fabulous surgeon. For me I know I was thrilled with my results, and after years of sagging I finally have a pair i am proud of.

Lan I just wanted to respond to your question about cancer and implants. I used to do mammography which included implants and I had never heard that there was an increase of breast cancer. It is however more difficult to image the natural breast tissue around the implant with mammography alone. We use ultrasound as another tool and also advanced imaging with MRI on certain cases, but you should know it is harder to always be certain. I have to say that my husband says pop a couple in there anyway, especially since they have gone south on me.

Thamks that's good information to know. Your husband must be a riot!

I had to bump this thread because I can already foresee that my breasts are going to shrink and I am going to get p*ssed. I was always a small C then I gained weight and I am a D (which is nice) but I know it is inevitably going to go south and they will shrink. So I decided today I am going to open a separate savings acct and start the boob fund right now...why wait ya know? At the bank you can name the acct so you keep track of where you put the money...could you see me telling them to name it The Boob Fund or Fun Bag Trust or something like that HEHEHEH.

When I ran it by the hubby he said heck ya as long as he gets to pick them out. Sounds typical.

Yea you are correct. I plan to wait 2 years and see what is going on. I have a hx of breast cancer so I've had the girls done about 15 yrs ago. I will probably end up weighing less than I did then and fear that they will be too big. I just hope I loose weight there too, since you all seem to have, that gives me encouragement.

I've been nursing for the last 5 years, not that they have gotten any saggier from that but from walking around w/o a bra so much. And I'm a 44 DDD. I imagine icing bags :svengo:

This thread is worthless without pics!

We could say the same about some of the post in the Mens Room :001_tt2:

Mutters endowment

mine are going south also. life a deflated tire!! they are awfull and so are the legs and tummy!! i hate them so bad and i don't want to have plastic surgery because they say it is so painfull..

mine are going south also. life a deflated tire!! they are awfull and so are the legs and tummy!! i hate them so bad and i don't want to have plastic surgery because they say it is so painfull..

Laura

If its any help at all I didn't have any real pain from my uplift.... i do hear that the implants can feel like having a brick on your chest - but then thats normally from people who are quite small before going to having larger implants put in... so maybe some of that is due to the actual weight of the implant than pain....

I don't know about you but mine weigh an awful lot - if hubby stands behind my and holds them I'd probably be about 14lbs lighter!!!! :tongue_smilie:

Kathy

I haven't had surgery yet and my biggest fear is that my boobs will look like 2 used condoms. I know in my head they are just tissue and Lord knows they aren't being used, but i don't want to look like that song "Do your boobs hang low...."

Due to reasons that are too complicated to get into, my insurance is going to cover a boob job after I reach goal (I'm 3 weeks out). I went to a plastic surgeon today to get some info. What he's going to do sounds so involved--but I forgot to ask how long it takes to heal from that surgery, and how much it hurts! Anybody have experience in this dept willing to describe what the surgery process is like? I have 46Ds now. I want to end up with perky C cups.

What you're describing sounds like a major re-haul boob job. But I'm not sure how any surgeon can know where you'll end up when you're 3 weeks out from surgery....I mean, seriously, how can he know how you'll heal. He's going by what he's seeing now, which isn't where you'll be in the end. You need to wait until you're in the end zone to visit surgeons and get quotes, you know? You have to realistically give yourself 2 yrs. from date of surgery to even begin to see what you're left with; trying to "nip it in the bud" doesn't work in this regard, although I applaud your sense of adventure, so to speak.:)

Due to reasons that are too complicated to get into, my insurance is going to cover a boob job after I reach goal (I'm 3 weeks out). I went to a plastic surgeon today to get some info. What he's going to do sounds so involved--but I forgot to ask how long it takes to heal from that surgery, and how much it hurts! Anybody have experience in this dept willing to describe what the surgery process is like? I have 46Ds now. I want to end up with perky C cups.

I know--I had to go for insurance purposes, to provide documentation of what they are like before weight loss--it's a unique situation, but bottom line is they will pay, so I'm jumping hoops for them. I just got curious.

Donna, August 15th I'll be 11 months out. I'm was 232 am now 138lbs, still a few lbs from goal and it looks like I should go down to 128 instead of the 135 I'd originally thought. My legs are improved but not yet lean down to calves and ankles where I carry the remaining excess weight. That said my breasts look like deflated condoms. I really would like to know under what conditions an insurance company would approve a breast makeover. Please if it's not comfortable to explain it here would you mind PMing me? I really need something I think since you can practically see my ribs through the pancake flat breasts that simply lie flat to my body. Thanks.