Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

VSG Surgeons in Boston

I am looking for referrals for VSG Surgeons in Boston. I finally met with a surgeon at St. Elizabeths but she has only done 6 sleeves. She told me that Brigham and Womans has done 8. These numbers seem very low to me. She is not a fan of band and thinks VSG is the way to go for me.

I am looking for referrals for VSG Surgeons in Boston. I finally met with a surgeon at St. Elizabeths but she has only done 6 sleeves. She told me that Brigham and Womans has done 8. These numbers seem very low to me. She is not a fan of band and thinks VSG is the way to go for me.

If you are self-pay, you might want to consider Dr. Aceves in Mexicali - not sure what his prices are these days - were $9500 for everything - pre-op tests, stay in a resort for one night, surgery, anesthesia, 3 days in the hospital and post-op testing. Not sure what airfare would be from Boston to San Diego; however, if you're a self pay even with airfare the cost will be less in Mexicali than in the US.

VegasAngel,

Thank you for the information and quick response, but I am not selfpay. I have great insurance and looking for them to cover the cost.

Michele

Michele, I hope you are able to find someone in your area. That is wonderful that your insurance will cover the surgery for you!

VegasAngel,

Thank you for the information and quick response, but I am not selfpay. I have great insurance and looking for them to cover the cost.

Michele

That's great- you're one of the lucky ones - heck yes if you've got great insurance and they'll cover WLS then most definitely I'd let them! :thumbup: I wasn't so lucky.:001_tt2:

Hi Mishmish- I saw your post about Boston surgeons from a while ago, wondering if you found anyone? I'm in your same situation, looking into Lahey in Burlington but they've only done 5!

Try the Weight and Wellness Center at Tufts Medical Center, Dr. Julie Kim. Tufts is a Center of Excellence for Bariatric Surgery. I had mine done by her on Tuesday. I love their program!

I had Dr Andras Sandor from commonwealth surgical in Stoneham. He did it at Lawrence memorial hospital or winchester hospital and he was fantastic. Perfect track record and not even 2 weeks out and I feel amazing. I couldn't speak more highly of him and his collegues. Go to www.commonwealthsurgical.com to get more info but he is awesome !!!!!