Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

While I was at work last night I had a patient's family member ask me if I had lost weight. Very confused because I had never seen this person before, I replied "yes". She said that I no longer looked like the girl on my badge :).

My son needed to borrow my car, so I had him drop me off at the gym. He said he would come back for me when I called. I worked out and was feeling so good, I decided to walk home. ( About a mile) He drove by and asked if I wanted a ride and I said, Nope, I'm good. and I smiled all the way home. :) He was pretty impressed with his mom. For the first time, I weigh less than my 17 year old son. I'm about half way to my goal, and I know I will get there!

My son needed to borrow my car' date=' so I had him drop me off at the gym. He said he would come back for me when I called. I worked out and was feeling so good, I decided to walk home. ( About a mile) He drove by and asked if I wanted a ride and I said, Nope, I'm good. and I smiled all the way home. :) He was pretty impressed with his mom. For the first time, I weigh less than my 17 year old son. I'm about half way to my goal, and I know I will get there![/quote']

I can't help but to smile as I read this.

I hadn't worn my new sport coat for about a month. I bought it because I had to, darn sleeve! I purposefully bought it too small, the buttons pulling, to make way for more reduction.

I put it on Sunday and, you guessed it, too big. 2 inches slack pulled out from my belly. It was still wearable, though. Hope it will do for another 10 pounds and then it's Jos A Bank for me!

Some of my old clothes make me look like a kid putting on daddy's stuff. I just can't wear them anymore, even to paint in.

I've replaced all clothing except my jammies. When I roll over at night I dang near slide out of them. Isn't it just the best??

Same thing happens to me at night with my jammies....gotta go buy some new ones...! BTW, kylfalcon....you look fantastic! Isn't being 59 and feeling 45 the greatest??? AND OTR Sleever, congrats on getting below your son's weight...I felt the same way when I finally weighed less than my husband! Today, I hit a milestone of 139 lbs....first time since high school that I have seen that number! Life is good.

It's cold outside, but I'll bundle up anyway and go out for my walk!

Thank you, Queen of Crop! I do feel absolutely fantastic! Just changed my profile pic - many pounds lighter since older one, lots leaner in the face and neck. Sporting some of those new clothes! I am grinning ear to ear - I actually bought pieces I truly like, not just something black and flowy to cover my naked girth!!

Worth every minute and penny.

I ran into a customer today from an old job. She didn't recognize me at all! I had to pull out an old picture to convince her that I am me! LOL After that, she gave me a big hug and congratulated me on my weight loss! :)

So I am not big on the little victories as much as I am at getting to my goal, but as of late, I am struggling to find clothes that fit and I am spending a TON on clothes so I can continue to go to work on a daily basis. That sucks but is also a great sign of success so far.

I actually just purchased a couple dress shirts from Men's warehouse in XL slim fit cut and they actually fit the way they are supposed to! And, jeans I just bought a month and a half ago have been retired and I just picked up 2 pairs of 36" waist, straight leg (not loose) jeans that fit very well. I have not been in a comfortable 36" waist pair of jeans since probably 1998.

I also went out with some buddies the other night and ran into some friends I had not seen in about 4-5 months and they didnt recognize me.

All this combined is a great confidence booster becasue there are times when I look and still see the fat kid in the mirror. Granted, at 208, I am still not "skinny" but it sure beats 317!

I was able to get in 5 zumba classes in 3 days this past Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (before Turkey day)...On Tuesday I actually had a class at 10am then one at 5:30pm and one at 7:00pm.

It totally makes my heart smile because at one point I could barely walk up the stairs of my own home, to this...GOD IS GOOD! And I am so thankful for the strength and energy I now have!!!!

I had not been exercising as much as I should have been because my knees were still hurting, at my one month appointment my doctor said I could take my arthritis medicine again.

However, I may not need it that much longer - or at least not as often. Yesterday, I decided to take a walk, I forgot to take my arthritis medicine and I walked from my upstairs apartment, down the stairs, across the courtyard, across the road to the front part of the apartments, across the front parking lot, and then down the street to little strip center on my street. It wasn't very far .35 one way, and I only stopped at the end and sat down for about 5 minutes or so. I used to have to sit down 3 or 4 times to make it that far and my knees would hurt a lot. This time my knees didn't start hurting enough to make me stop until I get to the end and then when I rested a bit it didn't hurt as much as it had before. And then I walked around 2 stores before I headed back. I am guessing that another 20 lbs and my knees won't hurt at all.

And I can scratch almost my whole back.

I bought 2 pair of jeans at costco the other day - they were size 18 and one fit and the other didn't, one was 1% Spandex and the one that fit was 2% Spandex. Then I went to Walmart and they had a pair of jeans that was 18P and was 2% Spandex but this one didn't fit either, but they will in probably 5 or 10 lbs.

I was not able to overeat at Thanksgiving this year. I did eat more than I thought I would be able to eat but way less than I would have eaten in the past. First, For Breakfast I had a Protein shake. Then I went to my friend Linda's house for lunch. I had 5 Ritz crackers with a bit of cream cheese and Raspberry Chipotle Sauce and my friend cut up slices of different kinds of cheese into quarters and I ate 4 quarters of cheese (1 whole slice) and 4 or 5 black olives.

Then I went to my friend Sam's for dinner and had a couple of pieces of carrot, celery and broccoli dipped in guacamole and 2 deviled egg halves for appetizer and then dinner came and I had about 2 oz of turkey, a small piece of cornbread, about 2 tablespoons of cranberry sauce and about 2 tablespoons of sweet potatoes. Later we had sugar free vanilla ice cream with apples cooked with cinnamon, nutmeg and diet Dr. Pepper. I felt like I ate a lot but I know in the past I would have eaten about 3 times that much.

Pinky, what a wonderful update!!!

I travel about once a month for work, I manage a call center and was temporarily assigned a second one in another city.

I asked for a seat belt extender on this trip, got to my seat, and found out I didn't need it! :D

Keep Posting! These are so encouraging! I'm recently sleeved (12/12/12) and this made for great reading as I am recovering.

This weeks nsv 's

I saw my reflection in a window and didn't think ...who is that!

Off my blood pressure meds!!!!!!! Woohoo

Donated 6 bags of clothes to the epilepsy foundation.

Love my sleeve!