Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery yesterday in NY Presbyterian Weill Cornell hospital in Manhattan. I was scheduled for 10:30am and we got to the hospital at about 8:15 they wanted us there by 8am. Everyone in the intake area was very nice and the facility is generally very obease freindly. They brought me in and inserted my IV and I met the anasteasologist. At around 10 Dr Pomp came in and said that they were clearing the room and I would begoing in shortly. He had sign a consent for a studdy and he said that we had one of the best anastiesologists. I was very happy to hear this as this was one thing of many that I was worried about. at around 10:40 they came and got me and we walked to the operating room. Dr Pomp ha the best bed side manner and about 20 seconds after they put the white stuff in the IV I was out and woke up in recovery. Honestly

it was rough. very painfull very nausious i was wondering what I did to my self. They gave me something for the nausia. It took a few minutes for the pain releif as they did not have my pain pump yet. They quickly got an order for a pain shot and that held me untill the pump came. honest they said I pushed the pain pump161 times while I was in recovery. but mostly my pain was under control when they brought me to my room. The room here is fabulus i have my own room with a great view flat screen HD TV with built in internet. my mouth was very dry and i was pushing that pain button every ten minutes. at around 8pm it was time for me to walk and I did pretty well. I was having stomach contractions they almost felt like the hickups that hurt. They let me suck on those little green sponges and i enjoyed the pain relief medicine enjoyed my nice room and watched the Yankees win. I did not really sleep untill maybe 2am. The nurse came in at around 7 and helped me out of bed. The cathiter was in and not the most enjoyable thing. The pain was getting better. I was able to walk to the area where they do the swallow test and everything looked fine. they took out the foly and gave me some Water. the water was tough to get down at first but i was thirstly. they gave me a clear lunch and i really only drank the Powerade. I was really feeling betterwith some pain but the pump managed it very well. I had some visitors. they brought me dinner that was the same as lunch but i have no hunger at all. I am expecting to go home tomorrow if i can tolerate the pureed food.I am very tired and keep nodding off as i write this. My next post will probably done from home tomorrow!

So glad to hear that you are doing ok. You are through the gate now and off to a much healthier new life. Everyone says the pain gets better everyday with lots of walking and sipping.

You are fortunate to have such a nice room with a view. Please keep us updated on your progress. Looking forward to hearing about everything.

Kromrider, I am so glad hear your surgery went well. I am sorry you had the pain but glad they got the meds set up for you.

Good luck on your recovery and your WL journey. Take it easy and keep us posted. You are going to be so pleased with your decision for WLS.

sorry for the long PCA induced post. I am feeling better now as they gave me percasets instead of the pump. I am peeing very well also actually made it to the bathroom. I am going to take a shower in the morning. Thanks for your support.

Glad to hear your surgery went well; sorry to hear you were sick and in pain. Trust me, you will feel SO MUCH better after a shower. Funny how that helps. Keep walking, walking, walking and sipping, sipping, sipping. If cold Water hurts, try warm or herbal teas. I've always had better luck with warm drinks at least until noon and then I can tolerate small sips of something really cold.

I am 5 days out of surgery and doing pretty good. I am still taking some pain medicine my pain is only when I try to lay down on my left side. I have been walking a mile every day. It is at a slow pace but steady. I have been sipping my Water and eating very gingerly. I have had some slight cramps im my stomach but the doctor said that was normal. The gas has mostly subsided. Other then that everything else is pretty normal.

I am 5 days out of surgery and doing pretty good. I am still taking some pain medicine my pain is only when I try to lay down on my left side. I have been walking a mile every day. It is at a slow pace but steady. I have been sipping my Water and eating very gingerly. I have had some slight cramps im my stomach but the doctor said that was normal. The gas has mostly subsided. Other then that everything else is pretty normal.

Good to hear that you are doing well. It was greating chatting with you the other night! Much success with your sleeve.

Glad to hear that you are feeling better. Hopefully by this time next week you will be full of energy and feeling great.

Wow a mile! That is great. You are so far ahead of where I was at. You are really dedicated. Can't wait to see your weight progress.

Hi Kromrider-

Sorry to hear you had so much pain. I had less pain initially than you. However, I am 2 weeks out and still cannot lie on either side without pain meds. My largest/lowest incision is still very sore. I also had some slight cramping in my stomach. I noticed it more frequently when I was drinking something cold. Hot seemed better. I also noticed it more when I tried to drink too much at once. I'm supposed to end my liquid diet and start my soft food diet tomorrow. I'm a little nervous about that. I figure why rush.

Congratulations on you surgery! Here's to a healthier tomorrow.:cursing: