Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chicago friends

Hey you slackers!!! Where was everyone today. ANYWAY- Sonia and Amelia and I had a WONDEFUL time. Next time I expect to see more of you there!!

My sitter backed out on me last minute. ~Mandy

thats OK Mandy - I was worried that you were driving around and around that area cursing me out!

I had mapquest all printed out and everything. I will be there next time, even if I have to drop her at my mom's the night before. ~Mandy

sorry i didn't make it either! I know how lame right? I had a headache and generally didn't feel well. Sorry i didn't let you guys know! Glad to hear you had fun. Looking forward to the next lunch!

Melissa

I was suppose to have my first fill today however the dr nor his nurse could find my port. So I have to schedule for the flouroscopy. He wanted me to schedule next week or 2 weeks, however I leave for vacation on 3/22 -4/1 so I will not be able to get until after I return. My Dr's comment to was "you don't want this before vacation anyways". I had gone back and forth but the nurse convinced me to have it (it did not take much convincing). I guess a higher power had other plans.

I did not loose nor have a gained. I was the same.

Regarding my other medical issues the EMG came back with many abnormalities the biggest being no muscle response in my left foot. My Primary wants me to see aneurologist for a 2 nd opinion because according the results the central disc protrusion in my back is not way I am having nerve issues in my leg. I also have to have another MRI of my foot and ankle. hopfully we will figure out what is wrong soon before it gets any worse.

If anyone is interested on the whole ordeall I posted in my journal. Sonia and Lala got to hear it first hand on Sunday.

Anyway, in the last few days I have definitely had the attack of the emotional eating monster.:hungry:

Sorry to spill this all out to guys just needed to vent a little today.

On a positive note when I actually am able to get my fill he told me that he make sure that the band tightens so that I do not have to keep going back and will have go restriction with the first fill. He ususlly does 4 cc then 2 then 1 in the 10 cc band which is what I have.

I was suppose to have my first fill today however the dr nor his nurse could find my port. So I have to schedule for the flouroscopy. He wanted me to schedule next week or 2 weeks, however I leave for vacation on 3/22 -4/1 so I will not be able to get until after I return. My Dr's comment to was "you don't want this before vacation anyways". I had gone back and forth but the nurse convinced me to have it (it did not take much convincing). I guess a higher power had other plans.

I did not loose nor have a gained. I was the same.

Regarding my other medical issues the EMG came back with many abnormalities the biggest being no muscle response in my left foot. My Primary wants me to see aneurologist for a 2 nd opinion because according the results the central disc protrusion in my back is not way I am having nerve issues in my leg. I also have to have another MRI of my foot and ankle. hopfully we will figure out what is wrong soon before it gets any worse.

If anyone is interested on the whole ordeall I posted in my journal. Sonia and Lala got to hear it first hand on Sunday.

Anyway, in the last few days I have definitely had the attack of the emotional eating monster.:hungry:

Sorry to spill this all out to guys just needed to vent a little today.

On a positive note when I actually am able to get my fill he told me that he make sure that the band tightens so that I do not have to keep going back and will have go restriction with the first fill. He ususlly does 4 cc then 2 then 1 in the 10 cc band which is what I have.

I am sorry you were not able to get filled today, but I agree you don't want that right before vacation. I know that I leave the office with great restriction and have had to go back and have some removed, even when done under fluro. It does make it easier to get restricted faster, but it's still not perfect. A fill can kick in several days to several weeks later. You don't want to be on vacation and have a fill kick in and not be able to even keep down Water....what a vacation that would be. Feel free to PM me if you ever want to talk, or need support. I don't mind you venting here at all and I am sure the other IL girls feel the same. (((hugs))) ~Mandy

Hi Friends!

Well Amelia just think if you don't have to head to the doc's today - that gives you more time to startpacking!! Enjoy that vacation of yours. Sounds like it will be wonderful.

take it easy! *hugs!!*

Hi everyone. I just thought i give a quick update. Over the weekend The numbness I have been feeling in my left leg has now moved to my Left shoulder, arm and face. If feels really strange to talk. I am seeing a neurologist tomorrow. My MRI of my left ankle shows that I have trombophelbitis (inflammation of the vein) which is caused by a blood clot and that I have a problem with a muscle ( no muscle response) in foot. My PCP wanted me to discuss all me results with my Podiatrist who has never treated trombophelbitis and wanted to know what my PCP said and then his only thought for treating the muscle is physical therapy, this would be my 4th round of physical therapy on my foot.

Anyway I hope to get some answer from teh nuerologist tomorrow. I am hoping to get some prespective befor I take off for St Thomas.

Looking forward to my trip.

Take Care

Amelia, please keep us updated. I am worried about the numbness in the face and arm. Keep you chin up, I'm sure it will turn out fine. ~Mandy

AMELIA!!!!! OMG!!!! I will pray for you. Like Mandy, this deeply troubles me. I know that you are really looking forward to your vacation, but your health comes first.

Please keep us updated. I have thought of you several times this week and were hoping that you were doing better.:phanvan

AMELIA!!!!! OMG!!!! I will pray for you. Like Mandy, this deeply troubles me. I know that you are really looking forward to your vacation, but your health comes first.

Please keep us updated. I have thought of you several times this week and were hoping that you were doing better.:phanvan

Hi Lala, nice to see you again...how are you doing? Have you seen Dr. Cutie lately? I have to see him next week. ~Mandy