Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i dont know if this has happend to anyone else but i am so ichy. i know it is not my soap. it just started like a day ago, it started off slow and kept building. i took benedryl and it did nothing. i know not being able to sleep happens to a lot of people but i have only heard of one other person having an ichy. does anyone remember what he possible reasons were for it??

I itched like crazy starting about 1 week out due to the glue (or whatever) they used on my adhesions. It actually itched right around the adhesions, not the sores themselves. Last night (now 3 weeks out) I started to itch again really bad around the biggest one. I hope it stops for you soon.

I have had it and neither my surgeon or my GP know what it is! Mine started at about 2 weeks following my surgery and initially it was my palms and soles and then it was all over. I googled it like mad and found someone on the Thinner Times site who had it after a bypass and was told it could be vit deficiency....So, I got in loads of Vit B12, B6 and B1 and started taking them...then I wondered if it was fungal so I was slapping on a ton of antifungal cream all over my hands and feet 3x a day. Also I was getting strange little red spots on my hands and feet just under the skin which would appear and then disappear....so then I wondered if it was an allergic reaction...but to what as I haven't changed anything? Anyway, I did see my GP who had no idea what it was as I had no signs to show him of anything (he suggested I photograph the spots when they appeared). He also confirmed that my liver function was fine so that wasn't an issue. Then I asked my surgeon and he had never come across it either. My

GP did prescribe me with a very strong anti-histamine but it is a sedative as well so I have only taken it a couple of times at night, but my itching has subsided a lot and my rash seems to be appearing less frequently as well. Have no idea what it is at all!

Let me know how you get on as it is very interesting.

Helenxxx

I itched the day of and day after surgery -- I thought it was the antispetic stuff they used (my entire torso was pink) however when I mentioned it to Dr. Aceves he said it was due to the morphine they put in the spinal.

I found some references that discuss itching after intrathecal(spinal) morphine. Apparently 40-60% of patients were found to have itching.

google "intrathecal morphine pruritis" and you will find articles.

Also, most of us are on a low-fat diet and first and that can make your skin dry. (On top of everything else that can cause itchy skin.)

/ Ditto what Mac said. It's due to a lack of fat in the diet; I'm very dry and ichy too.

Being in Las Vegas where there is no humidity my skin is always dry and itchy so can tell no difference - gonna love what the humidity is going to do to my skin while on the cruise ...

What cruise are you taking and when?

Being in Las Vegas where there is no humidity my skin is always dry and itchy so can tell no difference - gonna love what the humidity is going to do to my skin while on the cruise ...

some allergies to medications are itchy first and if you keep taking the med start hives and swelling.

What cruise are you taking and when?

We're going to the southern carribbean and we leave on 9/5 for San Juan. One week from tomorrow -- woo hoo!!!!

I have been nothing but an itch factory since surgery. It seems like everyone else put up lots of answers but you are not alone.

One post said that Dr Aceves stated the morphine that is given in the spinal causes this in some people. I read some articles that also stated this. Did you have a spinal?

If that's the cause, it should pass once it's out of your system.

What cruise line?

We're going to the southern carribbean and we leave on 9/5 for San Juan. One week from tomorrow -- woo hoo!!!!

This was my first thought too, but she had the surgery August 18th, so it's more than out of her system.

One post said that Dr Aceves stated the morphine that is given in the spinal causes this in some people. I read some articles that also stated this. Did you have a spinal?

If that's the cause, it should pass once it's out of your system.