Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh, OK, well have fun. We're going to NZ and Australia on 12/31/09 on Silverseas.

Have you ever been on a cruise before?

Oh, OK, well have fun. We're going to NZ and Australia on 12/31/09 on Silverseas.

Have you ever been on a cruise before?

That sounds great - would love to go to Australia -- will make it there one day!

Yes, this is my 3rd one - first one was 5 days, 2nd was 10 (very very long days) and this one will be 7 days. The 10 day cruise was on Holland America -- I think I was the youngest person on the ship ... average age of cruises was 67 ... have found out since it's called the Geriatric Cruise Line -- didn't know that when we booked it. Oh well, live and learn.

I think we may do a 14 day Hawaiian Cruise for our honeymoon next October and have heard that Princess Cruise Lines is a great one.

Have you joined Roll Call yet? It's great - we've got a meet-n-greet set up our first night on the ship with a lot of other cruisers!

(Sorry for hijacking your thread Alisia!)

I have had it and neither my surgeon or my GP know what it is! Mine started at about 2 weeks following my surgery and initially it was my palms and soles and then it was all over. I googled it like mad and found someone on the Thinner Times site who had it after a bypass and was told it could be vit deficiency....So, I got in loads of Vit B12, B6 and B1 and started taking them...then I wondered if it was fungal so I was slapping on a ton of antifungal cream all over my hands and feet 3x a day. Also I was getting strange little red spots on my hands and feet just under the skin which would appear and then disappear....so then I wondered if it was an allergic reaction...but to what as I haven't changed anything? Anyway, I did see my GP who had no idea what it was as I had no signs to show him of anything (he suggested I photograph the spots when they appeared). He also confirmed that my liver function was fine so that wasn't an issue. Then I asked my surgeon and he had never come across it either. My

GP did prescribe me with a very strong anti-histamine but it is a sedative as well so I have only taken it a couple of times at night, but my itching has subsided a lot and my rash seems to be appearing less frequently as well. Have no idea what it is at all!

Let me know how you get on as it is very interesting.

Helenxxx

The exact same thing happened to me. The surgeon couldnt tell what was wrong with me. Im hoping it is an allergic reaction to the whey Protein i had.. I still dont know though. Ive had it for a week now.. sometimes it seems like its getting better.. some days, like today it feels like its getting worse

All i can say is.. Im confused! :drool5:

Well, mine did seem to improve a lot but has returned with a vengeance this week! I had to take some more anti-histamine tonight as I have been itching all over again. I haven't noticed any spots for a few days but I have been scratching all over again. It's really weird! Have you had the spots as well Cherry?

Yeah, I had ALL kinda spots in different stages. It started with itchy hands, progressed to itchy arms thats why I started getting those spots. They were tiny at first, then they started getting bigger.. then they kinda merged to form red Patches. Then those Patches got a little darker and finally now that they going.. patches have become little dots again. The center of the dots disappear first leaving tiny circle-like patterns.. then finally the circles disappear..

It started on arms first, then the legs, then the back. They're going in the same way they came. So my arms are almost ok now, legs getting there.. back still itchy..

I've been on a strong anti histamine dose too since it started. I wonder why it would take so long to settle down..

But what really helped me get through this was Aloe Vera gels.. it really soothes irritated skin.. I hope this helps Helen. Goodluck!