Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home early and feeling kind of yucky!

Did it take you a month before you could do that - take any size pill? Or how long?

I did that at first and some of them tasted pretty horrible. I can take any size pill or capsule now, thank goodness, because I take a lot.

I was able to resume taking any size pill at about a month out.

Yes, that's what I figured, about the same time that you can begin eating real food. Logical. I chopped up an aspirin cause I've had a headache for a few days and figured enough is enough. Not the most pleasant. Thanks for the response.

I found the adult liquid tylenol actually works better for headaches than regular tylenol or aspirin. Have you tried it?

Tylenol doesn't work on me. I need Excedrin, but thanks for the suggestion.

I found the adult liquid tylenol actually works better for headaches than regular tylenol or aspirin. Have you tried it?

Hello and glad you are doing better. I'm a week out from my surgery and one of the things I found very easy to take down for protien is sold at Walmart. It's their brand of protien in a shot (if you can believe it!)

SUPER whey Protein SHOT

26 grams of Protein

sugar free

2.9 Fluid ounces total.

It is only sold in a fruit flavor at about 1.97/tube. That has been very helpful for me and then lots of popsicles. They also sell protien powder that isn't to bad. :001_rolleyes:I also freeze bottled Water (with crystal light) and drink it as it thaws. This helps me from "gulping" it down.

Caro

Thanks for the suggestion, Caro. Here it is: Walmart.com: Body Fortress: 26 G Protein fruit Punch Flavored Drink Super whey Protein Shot Ultimate Recovery Fuel, 2.9 fl oz: Diet & Nutrition

that looks pretty easy to get down. I wonder about the quality of the protein, though, as I know not all protein is created equal. But it sure sounds easy to take and that's a biggie right now.:)

Hello and glad you are doing better. I'm a week out from my surgery and one of the things I found very easy to take down for protien is sold at Walmart. It's their brand of protien in a shot (if you can believe it!)

SUPER WHEY PROTEIN SHOT

26 grams of protein

sugar free

2.9 Fluid ounces total.

It is only sold in a fruit flavor at about 1.97/tube. That has been very helpful for me and then lots of popsicles. They also sell protien powder that isn't to bad. :001_rolleyes:I also freeze bottled Water (with crystal light) and drink it as it thaws. This helps me from "gulping" it down.

Caro

Might want to check with your surgeon about taking aspirin so soon post op. I wonder if it might cause a bleeding risk until things are a bit more healed up.

Too late, I took it and the headache went away. I don't take aspirin all the time or even frequently at all, so I'm sure this one time won't hurt me, but thanks for the suggestion.

Might want to check with your surgeon about taking aspirin so soon post op. I wonder if it might cause a bleeding risk until things are a bit more healed up.

Glad you are feeling better! Now watch the pounds drop off!

I look forward to joining you "on the loser's bence" one day soon!

Hey AJW,

Took these protiens (shot and powder) from Walmart to my doctor & nutritionist and they gave it the okay. Also, liquid tylenol is you friend;-)

I LOVE The Super whey Protein shots.... I still use them!

I had ordered some from Proflect ( a case in fact! ) and they have an awful after taste. So I tried the Body fortress and they are good! And they were Cheaper!

AJW- glad to hear your doing better!!

I'm getting the Protein Shots today. I like that they are 2.9 fl. oz. as that's so much less to consume to get 26 gr. Protein. Three of those a day and I'm in there! Down another 2 pounds today. It'll slow down I'm sure. This is still fluids coming out after not eating real food since 8/9/09.

So How are you feeling today? Better I hope.

I am going to try out different Protein Drinks before surgery...but some say that your tastes change after surgery. Are you finding that to be true?

Cajun

Yes, but not to a huge degree. I am not experiencing the heightened smell-or-rama that people say they have. I think things taste a little funny to me because my tongue is coated a bit from not eating. It's not a big deal, though. But everyone is different so you'll have to judge from your perspective.