Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

burping - 2 days post op

Amanda, that will be great to know what those pains are.

I AGREE!

Vegas, 8:00 a.m. is sleeping in, lol? I guess I shouldn't mention I didn't drag my lazy butt out of bed until 10:00 this morning then.

Yes, isn't that sad that 8 is sleeping in? During the week I'm up between 5:45 and 6:15 ... and usually on the weekends, I can't sleep much past that either -- so I was surprised when I slept "in" until 8 ... Bearded has NO trouble sleeping - and finally had to wake up up at 10:15 as we have a 12:30 appointment and it takes him a few hours to actually wake up ... I wouldn't know what to do if I slept until 10! I'd feel half the day was over.

YES but what you did not say is that I cant sleep since I have been home---and I was up past 3 last night AGAIN...this is getting old. Going to start a thread about it.

Well this is true ... HOWEVER before your surgery, it was NOTHING for you to go to bed at 10:00 pm and sleep until Noon ... admit it - you like to sleep!:001_smile:

Hi, I am 6 days post revision op from band to sleeve plus I had abdominal surgery on my stomach muscles as well which has added to my discomfort.

Try not to worry too much about being uncomfortable and experiencing some cramping etc. It's only normal that after surgery like this all your insides are going to be very tender. Unless you have fever, hypertension etc it is unlikely that there is anything to be seriously worried about at this stage. Just take it very easy with everything you eat and drink. Don't gulp liquids (it's easy to forget at times) as this will cause some cramping and discomfort and follow your dietician's guidelines re. food. Listen to your stomach. If you feel full then stop eating. Eat slowly, don't rush it.

I was very anxious about leakage after surgery and kept going on about it to my surgeon and the nurses. It isn't tested routinely for in the hospital I was in and when I enquired as to why, was told that it would be highly obvious as to whether or not I was suffering leakage as a result of my obs and the pain I would be in. I would have fever, my blood pressure may be raised etc etc. In other words I would be feeling a LOT more than uncomfortable and would be very poorly. Of course, if you are feeling these things and are very anxious then shout and ensure it is checked out. There are lots of people on this site who know more about this than me and have experience which is paramount but cramping, burping, felling uncomfortable are not signs to be too concerned about in the early stages. With any WLS it is going to take a while for things to settle down.

xxx

Well, I must be really hungry because I had a dream about eating fried chicken last night. In the dream I was at my mom's house and she had all this chicken from Popeye's and I tore into it. I was also drinking a COKE! I just ate and drank like normal thenfreaked out because I'd forgotten about my sleeve. Weird.

I'm eating Jello at the moment, lol

Well, I must be really hungry because I had a dream about eating fried chicken last night. In the dream I was at my mom's house and she had all this chicken from Popeye's and I tore into it. I was also drinking a COKE! I just ate and drank like normal thenfreaked out because I'd forgotten about my sleeve. Weird.

I'm eating Jello at the moment, lol

I did the same thing! I dreamed that I ate one chip and then freaked out because I'm on liquids only. :laugh0:

I did the same thing! I dreamed that I ate one chip and then freaked out because I'm on liquids only. :laugh0:
It's kind of scary isn't it??? How much longer are you on liquids? I have 9 days left, I think.

It is scary. I felt like a freak dreaming so vividly about food!

I can start mushies next Tuesday, so I have 8 days left.

You two are funny! I had dreams about filet mignon when I was on liquids!

It's awful! Today my husband is off, so we went to the grocery store together. He bought some of that ready to eat rotisserie chicken and on the way home he was like, "Are you mad at me?" And I said, "No, I'm mad at that chicken smelling so good."

I'm having a lingerie shower at my house Friday night, and I'm only in charge of drinks, so I'm making virgin strawberry daiquiris and something called a tropical sunrise. The other hostesses are bringing the food, so it works out well for me!

My husband tries to be mindful of eating around me as well. But it's like I told him, he has to eat! Just like my kids have to eat...and I have to prepare their meals. It's tough, but it was a decision I made. And in a few weeks, I'll be on whole foods...I'm hoping it will be easier then.

My husband and daughter took turns cooking for each other while I was on liquids. I don't think I could have handled it if I had to cook for them.

All of you have no idea how nice it would be to be able to sleep like a normal person.

Insomnia is the pits!