Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Honeymoon Phase

Arguing on the internet is like winning the special olympics. Sure you may win but, in the end you are still retarded.

Just thought I'd share it. Again, wasn't intended on offending anyone. Just wanted to throw rubber into the bonfire.

I couldn't agree more!

DonnaB..Lol, rofl. It's cool. I'm not bothered that you found my deleted post and reposted it. I felt every single bit of it and wanting to share it, but as critical as this place is, I really didn't feel like leaving it out here for all the veterans to dissect, analyze and of course, the inevitable....attack. LOL.

But there it is folks. I'm not anorexic, I'm not calorie deprived and not dehydrated. In fact, I am probably OVERHYDRATED thanks to the Gone for Good club. I drink more Water than the average man. I AM a newbie and I'm losing weight on a continuous basis. Is that wrong? Not even 2 months out and -40lbs down. Hmmm.. I'm doing something right.

I promised myself that I would hit my goal by August of 135lbs. I promised myself a min of 18.5lbs of loss per month. My goals aren't outlandish and I do know that it's possible that it won't happen. I also know that it's possible that it can happen too. I can do it. I'm living my goals. I'm doing it. Other than right now I am not sitting on my ass and complaining that it's failing me. I'm up and at em daily, sometimes twice per day sweating, working, homeschooling and planning my families meals. I don't need a veteran bandster to tell me that I can't do it or it won't happen b/c it's just not normal. Fruck normal. I don't care for that. I won't be YOUR statistic.

You're doing a great job Telly! No one can take that from you, but I am very sorry that you feel the need to be so vicious - speaking to 'negative generalities'.

I think this thread has past it's usefulness. The message seems clear.

I am not feeling the need to be viscious, just felt like expressing myself truthfully as everyone else has.

As

There are 6 kinds Veteran bandsters in my book..

1. Knowledgeable Veteran - Been there done that, shares experience to an extent, not siding
  2. Jilted Veteran - Been there done that and did it wrong, is upset with the world and upset with other's successes and displays that in their posts
  3. Knowledgeable and Considerate Veteran - Been there done that, has empathy, shares experiences at the same time giving good advice and keeping in mind that there are lots of new bandsters in the community and writes posts .. with newbies in mind (not putting up stop signs and not generalizing things)
  4. Reclusive Veteran - Been there, done that but is quiet about everything
  5. Skeptical Veteran - Been there, done that had quite a few bad experiences and some good but still very skeptical that the band works, generalizes everything and is adamant on making sure all is there to see
  6. Fence Veteran - Goes either way, (the band works and doesnt' work) Been there, done that and plays both sides of the fence

Arguing on the internet is like winning the special olympics. Sure you may win but, in the end you are still retarded.

This clearly shows ones integrity. This is offensive and I take offense. Not b/c I have or even know someone that falls into this category, but b/c this hurts my heart for those people. "Retarded" people as you put it, go to the special olympics and experience and learn more than you obviously will realize.

I think it's clearly time for some RESPECT to be shown to the veterans a lot of you are bashing. Get over yourselves!! There may come a day that you need their help and advise and guess what, your not going to get it.

I have seen a lot of back and forth, yet I have not seen any proof (other than old threads....2 mos or longer) to substantiate the claims regarding the discouragement you've been fighting over.

There's always one..

3loves you have your opinion on the matters at hand and so do I. Get over it. Move on. I'm not taking anything back and I meant every word of it. I'm not here to receive hugs and win the popularity contest. I'm here to speak my mind. If you don't like it, so what?

Yup....and I hold my head HIGH!!! BTW, I do get the jest of what you are trying to say, it's just there are a 100 different ways it could have been expressed. You don't always need to put down a group of people to build your self up or make yourself look good. Again, it truly shows your integrity and cowardliness more than it does a warped sense of humor.

Im sure you do. Good to be proud of something like that. The fact that you didn't get the analogy is even funnier to me. Ahhh well.

Wow. I was reading through this thread really gaining some great perspective from everyone and I just want to learn, BUT when I read the Special Olympics joke, it was sad to me that someone would put that in print. Man, that is truly tasteless.

Kelli

I apologize for that but I'm one of those (tacky joke kinda people). I'm a bit of a toilet humor buff.

Sorry for that again. Just an analogy/joke. Again I stated I didn't mean to offend anyone and if I did, I apologize.

Let's move on ok? lol

This is just a reminder that we are here to support each other, not tear each other down. I think that there are several good posts in this thread and would hate for me or another mod to have to lock it. Please watch your "manners".

Again...

It was a joke and again I apologize. Just delete that post.