Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

not losing anymore!

I am so discouraged. I was sleeved on 8/10/09 and have lost 30 pounds. However, the scale has not moved but 2 pounds in 3 weeks...maybe 4.

I don't eat much at all, no fried food or sweets at all....(sugar makes me sick). Any ideas?? I am depressed. :thumbup:

I am so discouraged. I was sleeved on 8/10/09 and have lost 30 pounds. However, the scale has not moved but 2 pounds in 3 weeks...maybe 4.

I don't eat much at all, no fried food or sweets at all....(sugar makes me sick). Any ideas?? I am depressed. :thumbup:

Skinny,

Have hope! This is likely a normal adjustment period (a "stall) for your body. You are probably still losing inches, and the scales will show the pounds soon too.

You might want to just start doing a careful calorie intake count, to be sure your calories are not too low, or too high. Sometimes we think we are eating 600-800 calories but it turns out we are too low or too high. Are you exercising? Eating any other carbs besides sweets?

If all that turns out to be according to your doctor's recommendations, just wait it out and you will see the scale moving again soon. This STALL stuff happens to everyone.

Skinny - Welcom to your 1st STALL -- it generally happens about this time (not to everyone, but to most) so just keep on doing what you're doing and the scale will start moving again - don't get depressed, it happens and will happen along your WL journey - it's just part of the process. You are NOT alone!

Hi Skinny,

I am rowing in the same boat as you. My weight is going up and down by 2 lbs since 9/13. It is irritating! I know it is a stall and I will start losing again. Try not to get too down. I have had a few setbacks in recovery so I have not been able to walk as much the last week. I think when I can get walking things will move again soon.

Hang in there hon

I just got off of a 6 week stall, I finally saw the scale move down 2 lbs this week. I was hoping for more but thats just the way it goes. I did cut out a few of the snack stuff I was allowing myself and that could have been why it wasnt more. I am ok, with it for now as long as the loss is a there and not a gain

Yay, Ruthi, it is always a happy moment when you step on the scale and the stall has finally broke. Way to go!!

Hello all~

I'm still learning my way around this forum and trying to understand how it works. I have been mostly connecting on a general WLS forum and realize I cant compare my results with RNY or LBs.There was a lot of valuable information on that site about nutrition and lifestyle changes needed to be successful with WLS. I don't see as much of that here but probably need to spend more time poking around.

I also did not have as far to go-started at 217, would like to see 120, 140-50 probably more realistic for my age and activity level. I would like to hear from other VSGers. How has your progress been? Where did you begin? I'm trying to find out if I am on track for a VSG who was not super morbidly obese. I feel like i'm not making good progress. I don't do any significant exercising but my diet is pretty good-protein focused and 1000-1200 cals/day.

Carol, I just came back from my doctor yesterday and after 7 weeks out have lost 53 lbs! if i had a stall i never knew about it. . . I handle my weight loss a bit differently then most folks here do . . . I DON'T WEIGH MYSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i only weigh myself at the doctor appts. (threw my scale out the day i came home from surgery) . . because of this method, I don't know what is happening to my weightloss, stalls or not. . . i don't get depressed or upset because i don't know anything. . . i just keep going and do as my doctor has ordered. . . some folks don't have the strenght to keep off the scale, but like any habit, once you kick it, it's gone. . . good luck and don't worry it's not as scary as it sounds. . . it's what you make of it. . .

I think that is a great way to do it. Most of the threads I have read say the doctors tell them to get weighed all the time. I don't get that. I will be able to tell from my clothes that the weight is coming off. Although....... I fell on the i ce last Friday and broke a rib!!!!!! I am devastated to say the least. I am in a great deal of pain. Supposed to have the psychological next week and i could pull it off if it weren't so far away and could get a ride. Iam at the moment taking a heavy dose of pain pills and am sleeping most of the day away. I will wait until the l ast minute to cancel. I also am scheduled for the last of my testting, my stress test and that is going to have to be rescheduled also. Doctor say 6-8 recovery from this so surgery will also be put back. I could not be more depressed. So I guess I will just take my pills and go back to sleep.< /p>

It's a tragedy that this happened to you. . . but you know like they say 'things happen for a reason' . . you will get your surgery soon enough, this is just a drawback right now. . .you'll be ok. . i'll keep you in my thoughts and you take your pills and sleep right now. . .sleeping is a very very good healing thing in itself. . . night, night my friend. . . .

"my friend" sounds very comforting..... :-(

you are my friend. . . your a sweet kind person and i like that.:001_smile: . . hope you feel better very soon. . . keep us posted ok cause we are all here for you if you need us. . . :biggrin0: