Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

not losing anymore!

I was hoping to find others here to comiserate with. I had my surgery last August 2008. I lost 45 lbs in 4 mos and only 7 lbs since. And that soesn't even count because it was surgically removed. What now. Lost motivation to keep going.

Lisa:confused1:

I had my surgery in August 2008 and lost a total of 60 pounds but have not lost anything for about 6 months. I wish it was more but that's not likely, seeing as I am still using food as my main coping mechanism. I am thrilled to have lost enough weight to be able to exercise but.......

I will see my surgeon in October and hope to be able to decide if I need to ask for further surgical intervention or just keep working on my head shit for a while. Hopefully I will be more clear by October.

I regularly see an eating disorder counsellor and at times I find it hard to believe I am still using food to cope. :001_rolleyes:

I hope other's who are struggling will post. It's a challenge to keep from feeling alone in my struggle.

Lisa and Vicotria,

What size bougie do you have? How many more pounds do you have to lose? I felt like a total failure with the band because I never felt any restriction with it. I revised to VSG and finally do feel like I can be successful. Unlike others who seem to drop 20 pounds or more in a month, I am losing more slowly but steadily... 26 pounds so far.

What works best for me is NOT eating in between meals. Do you track your intake of food?

Hi Elisabeth. I have a 36 bougie and still need to lose approx. 100 lbs. Nope, not tracking food and the only "rule" I am following is the exercise part. Hence the lack of any weight loss. This is really my first time saying out loud that I am not following any of the rules and it has helped me accept where I am and freed up some space for me to feel willing to make some other choices. I feel drawn to the 3 meals a day, nothing in between, one day at a time method and will give that a go.

Thanks for your reply Elisabeth. Much appreciated.

Hugs Janice

I had my surgery in August 2008 and lost a total of 60 pounds but have not lost anything for about 6 months. I wish it was more but that's not likely, seeing as I am still using food as my main coping mechanism. I am thrilled to have lost enough weight to be able to exercise but.......

I will see my surgeon in October and hope to be able to decide if I need to ask for further surgical intervention or just keep working on my head shit for a while. Hopefully I will be more clear by October.

I regularly see an eating disorder counsellor and at times I find it hard to believe I am still using food to cope. :lol0:

I hope other's who are struggling will post. It's a challenge to keep from feeling alone in my struggle.

Without asking anything personal... something I have wondered about. How to therapists tackle eating issues? Do they give you coping skills? Get to the bottom of the food issues? If so, how?

Again, I am not asking you to reveal personal information but more a general idea of how the therapist tackles this issues.

Thx!

Hi Elisabeth. I have a 36 bougie and still need to lose approx. 100 lbs. Nope, not tracking food and the only "rule" I am following is the exercise part. Hence the lack of any weight loss. This is really my first time saying out loud that I am not following any of the rules and it has helped me accept where I am and freed up some space for me to feel willing to make some other choices. I feel drawn to the 3 meals a day, nothing in between, one day at a time method and will give that a go.

Thanks for your reply Elisabeth. Much appreciated.

Hugs Janice

Hi Janice,

I've got 125 to go. Since I can't swallow pills/vitamins, my Breakfast is coffee, pills/vitamins, and a pretzel stick to gag them down. Sad, I know. LOL. I have a big cup of coffee and am full after that so Breakfast is basically a non-meal.

I find salads go down easily so I take those ready to eat lettuces and toss some into a bowl. I dump a drained can of tunafish (3 oz) on top of the lettuce, add a few grape tomatos, 2 tablespoons of chopped walnuts, and use Walden Farms fat free/carb free/cal free dressing.

If I feel hungry between lunch and dinner, I go for fresh fruit.< /span>

Dinner is a either poultry or fish and some steamed veggies.

Drinking fills me up so I try to always drink at least 8 oz of Water or crystal lite or coffee before going for Snacks. I use www.fitday.com to track my food. You can definitely get the rest of the weight off and have done great.

Hi Wasa. Thanks for asking about the eating disorder counsellor. Mine focuses on awareness of stress and anxiety and learning ways to cope that are healthy. We talk alot about beliefs and boundaries. I am learning to love myself a bit at a time.

I am currently learning lots of different ways to meditate...finding out which ones fit for me.

Hi Wasa. Thanks for asking about the eating disorder counsellor. Mine focuses on awareness of stress and anxiety and learning ways to cope that are healthy. We talk alot about beliefs and boundaries. I am learning to love myself a bit at a time.

I am currently learning lots of different ways to meditate...finding out which ones fit for me.

Interesting.

I hate running, just hate it. I catch myself chanting this mantra while running, "I HATE THIS I HATE THIS!" HA! I have been trying to change my thinking and now I think to myself while running, "I am in control, I control the size of my body." Not sure if that is going to help but it has to be better than telling myself over and over again how much I hate running. ;o)

Do you find the behavior modification helping?

Hi I was sleeved oct 09 and originally lost 30kg, but now the weightloss is up and down. I find if I eat more regularly I lose more than if i try to starve myself. Im really scared of stretching my stomach. I eat a lot of wholegrain crackers and chese. Its my staple diet. Seems to work but then I ruin it :mad:eating too much at a time and put on again.

Interesting.

I hate running, just hate it. I catch myself chanting this mantra while running, "I HATE THIS I HATE THIS!" HA! I have been trying to change my thinking and now I think to myself while running, "I am in control, I control the size of my body." Not sure if that is going to help but it has to be better than telling myself over and over again how much I hate running. ;o)

Do you find the behavior modification helping?

I had a little chuckle with this wasa...what a classic. i think i can laugh cause i know how you feel! thankyou for making my day!:001_tt2:

Hi I was sleeved oct 09 and originally lost 30kg, but now the weightloss is up and down. I find if I eat more regularly I lose more than if i try to starve myself. Im really scared of stretching my stomach. I eat a lot of wholegrain crackers and chese. Its my staple diet. Seems to work but then I ruin it :mad:eating too much at a time and put on again.

I know this is going to sound silly, but i have come to the conclusion (after many years of slimming) that our bodies are like extreme drought or flood weather. Australians have just come out of an 8 year drought in which time we were all madly saving Water, keeping it safe as we dont know when the next rain will come....

save save saveeeee

(in the trunk it goes)

now that the floods have come and the dams are around 80%, people have started to use Water more freely, we have relaxed our water restrictions and breathed a sigh of releif.

Use use use

(out the trunk it goes)

I also found this to be true with pregnancy and swelling. even with my weight, i didnt swell untill i was 41 weeks pregnant! I drank water by the bucket load and so my body didnt have to store any!

My trainer once told me "there is no such thing as a 'diet', because in our hearts we know what we should and should not be eating" its true!

Soooo bring on the variety of a controled rain, as we know this can be done for life without overloading our trunks.

Good luck Ice.

I hope my theory that I am using can help you. :001_tt2:

Whole grain crackers don't offer much in the way of nutritional value and cheese is delicious but it's high in calories. Try sticking to 3 meals a day and try hard Proteins (beef, fish, chicken, pork). Also, are you logging all the food you eat (fitday.com or thedailyplate.com)? Sometimes it's a shock to see how many calories you're eating.

I haven't lost anything in weeks either. I didn't have much to lose though because I had my band removed before I gained too much weight back. I'm sticking to eating what I know I am supposed to eat, and realizing the rest may come off slowly and may not come off at all. I have 7 more lbs I would like to lose.

I know if I stray from eating what I am supposed to and eat something like a piece of candy, I end up gaining a pound even though that candy is not 3500 calories. Then it will take me a week to take that lb off. So I am trying hard to not eat any sweets. Sweets are my big down fall.