Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded 08/29. I have only lost 17 pounds (I last was weighed when I went for my first fill) However, when I look in the mirror, I can SEE that I'm losing inches and my clothes fit better. I just wish I could be losing pounds as fast as I am losing inches

It's very hard and we hear this a lot. One of the biggest regrets I have is not actually measuring myself and tracking my inches because I know that would've shown a decrease even when the sale isn't moving downward. So, if I were you? Start taking measurements.

If you're building muscle, it's very likely you're shrinking despite the stubborn scale. Fat has more volume than muscle. Picture a measuring cup of fat and a measuring cup of muscle. The muscle is going to weight more than the fat because it's more dense. But, the fat takes up more room, so this is why you're burning fat but building muscle you'll see the inches shrink but not the scale

Hang in there :)

I was banded 9/11 and decided to do weekly weigh-ins and measurements. The measurements are not scientific... I label them boobs, butt, and belly button and try to keep the measuring tape in the widest area. My scale did move this week....UP! I gained two pounds, and I wasn't happy! But my boobs and butt measurements stayed the same and my belly button measurement decreased by three inches! I was so glad I had that little victory bc it made the number on the scale seem a little less frustrating!! So keep track of both, you'll be happy you did!

wow I think you are doing amazing.. inches or lbs either way that's a good loss ... you will want to be prepared for it to slow.. after awhile it will be 1-2 lbs a week .. but you can track your inches too...

I find even in weeks where I don't see a big loss of weight, I still see progress. I measure that progress in belt notches. Before the surgery, I would wear out that one notch in my belt long before the rest of the belt wore out.....

Now, I seem to be pulling the belt smaller and smaller every week. I am on my third belt since April. Each one smaller than the previous one.

I was banded 9/11 and decided to do weekly weigh-ins and measurements. The measurements are not scientific... I label them boobs' date=' butt, and belly button and try to keep the measuring tape in the widest area. My scale did move this week....UP! I gained two pounds, and I wasn't happy! But my boobs and butt measurements stayed the same and my belly button measurement decreased by three inches! I was so glad I had that little victory bc it made the number on the scale seem a little less frustrating!! So keep track of both, you'll be happy you did![/quote']

Boobs, butt, belly button - the 3 B's of measuring. LMAO.

Thanks for the laugh and best of luck.

Hardest thing I learned was is use the scale as a guide. Please don't let your life be dictated by a number on scale. Deep inside we know if we are following directions and doing an healthy life style. Measure and use clothes to see. It will make you mentally healthier. Pinky promise.

Remember, a healthy weight loss is approx 1-2 lbs a week. It can only be 1/2 lb at times. Look at the big picture.

Patience....!! It didn't take a week to gain all this weight. Hang in there, it will come.