Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My furry son is dying

This has nothing to do with my lapband, but my heart. I'm losing my furry son Chester and I'm torn as to what to do. From the looks of things, he might go on his own sometime today - which is what I'd prefer, for him to die in the comforts of his home surrounded by his two furry sisters and his human sister. But I've made an appointment for euthanasia by his doctor at 3pm today. I took today off, but I can't take off tomorrow so one way or another today will be the day.

This hurts so darn bad. I love him as if I gave life to him myself, he's been nothing short of exceptional in these 13 years we've shared with him. I could write a book on how sweet, loving, gentle, affectionate, intelligent and funny he has always been. I knew this day would come and when I saw him slowing down 3 years ago we got Chloe, who perked him up and gave him something we as humans could not - it worked. We got Pebbles 2 years ago, but she was only supposed to be a short-term visitor. We fell in love and she and Chloe became instant best friends, which took the heat off of Chester to keep Chloe entertained during her terrible twos. I'm going to miss him so much, but right now it's more pain than pleasure to see him. I've had to hold him off and on through the night - he's in unbearable pain and the expensive prescriptions his vet gave us on Friday did absolutely nothing, in fact he's gotten worse. He's suffering from dementia and arthritis, so things haven't been too pleasant over the weekend.

Anyway friends, if you have furry children love them a little bit extra today in honor of Chester, the most precious boy in the world.

I'm so sorry :( I know how hard it is to lose a fur baby. My thoughts are with you and Chester.

I'm so sorry and it makes me want to cry with you. I love my little Remy and I cannot even bear the thought of having to go through what you're going through today. Hold him close and assure him that he's loved.

I'm so sorry. Praying for you today.

Awww..hugs to you. :(

This is heart-breaking news but I am so glad you got to be his Mommy! I promise to cuddle and love my puppy a little extra today in Chester's memory! God Bless you & your family!! Thank you for sharing!

This makes my heart hurt for you, I am so sorry honey, stay strong.

I am so sorry for your loss of Chester... We all have animals who become part of our families.. They are always a part of us even after they pass.. You will see him again in heaven I am sure..

Im so so sorry, I had a dog for 17 years and I was 18 when she passed so I didnt remember life without her. We too had to put her down. It was devastating. Pets become family and unless you own a pet you dont understand the true connection amd love for that pet. I love my baby girl kassie and Idk what I would do if I lost her let alone make that decision. My heart is with you ♡

So sorry to hear this. I have an old girl that is 13 and I know she is getting old but the thought of putting her down makes me cry. We have four cats of different ages. They are our children and my heart goes out to you on this decision that none of us pet owners like to make. I hope you find comfort knowing that you are getting your dear pet out of agony. A big virtual hug for you.

I decided to let him die at home, his vet doesn't have an appointment available but suggested we just come and wait to see if/when she can fit him in. That doesn't sit well with me, I don't want to have him in a crowded waiting room for hours when he could be comfortable at home. He's unresponsive, no longer whimpering and just in a deep sleep. This is what I prayed for and it seems God is answering my prayer. Thanks for all of your compassionate messages, they've really helped me. Animal lovers are some of the best people in the world and I'm glad that so many of you understand my grief. I've told him it's okay to let go and I don't have a single doubt that he knows how much he is loved.

Awe I'm so sorry about your baby! I hope Chester doesn't suffer any longer! I just know that he's had a very good life with you and you've given him lots of love and comfort. So sad!

So sorry to hear of you pending loss. I too had to have a pet put to sleep about 4 years ago and I keep her pic on my computer so when I open my computer there she is. I had Cleo (a cat) for 14 of her 16 years and never knew I could become so attached to an animal. The day I came home and found her unable to get up from under the desk I nearly died myself. I hope that maybe by now your pet has gone one to a better place. I have been told animals don't go to heaven, but I don't believe it. He will be there waiting for you someday. Just remember, don't eat over the pain. It won't do you or your band any good. Cry and feel the pain dear and it will pass in time.

I'm so sorry to hear this as I know exactly how u feel. We had a Malamute named Lupa for 11 years. Before we had any of our kids and she was my baby. She passed away on March 12, 2011. We think she had a stroke and we took her to the vet to get checked out and he confirmed that she did have a stoke. We had her in the back of our van and were going to have her put to sleep to end her suffering and the vet was gonna do it in our van to keep her more comfortable and to keep her from getting more scared. He went in to get the things he needed and she ended up having another stroke and passed away with her head in my husbands arms. We didn't want to put her down and I'm glad that she went on her own so that we knew we would've made the right decision because it would've been one of the hardest decision of my life. She had a good life and we always treated her as one of the kids and as a big part of out family. I know this doesn't make u feel any better but I just wanted to let u know that I know how it feels and u and Your family will b in my thoughts. (((HUGS)))

This has nothing to do with my lapband, but my heart. I'm losing my furry son Chester and I'm torn as to what to do. From the looks of things, he might go on his own sometime today - which is what I'd prefer, for him to die in the comforts of his home surrounded by his two furry sisters and his human sister. But I've made an appointment for euthanasia by his doctor at 3pm today. I took today off, but I can't take off tomorrow so one way or another today will be the day.

This hurts so darn bad. I love him as if I gave life to him myself, he's been nothing short of exceptional in these 13 years we've shared with him. I could write a book on how sweet, loving, gentle, affectionate, intelligent and funny he has always been. I knew this day would come and when I saw him slowing down 3 years ago we got Chloe, who perked him up and gave him something we as humans could not - it worked. We got Pebbles 2 years ago, but she was only supposed to be a short-term visitor. We fell in love and she and Chloe became instant best friends, which took the heat off of Chester to keep Chloe entertained during her terrible twos. I'm going to miss him so much, but right now it's more pain than pleasure to see him. I've had to hold him off and on through the night - he's in unbearable pain and the expensive prescriptions his vet gave us on Friday did absolutely nothing, in fact he's gotten worse. He's suffering from dementia and arthritis, so things haven't been too pleasant over the weekend.

Anyway friends, if you have furry children love them a little bit extra today in honor of Chester, the most precious boy in the world.

That must be very heartbreaking, sending you warm vibes.