Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lapband to gastric bypass surgery

Hi:

Has anyone gone from the lap band to the gastric bypast (RNY? If so, how has it worked out for you?

Thanks,

DebM

Hey. I think most of us here are Lap Banders. But you may want to check out this link, it may be really helpful to you. Best wishes :)http://www.rnytalk.com/forum/24-band-to-gastric-bypass-revisions/

I'm asking almost the same question. I have a slipped band and need some kind of revision, fix or change of surgery. Are you a band going to something else?

I know of one person here, well she's not on her much anymore, but you might be able to message her.

AliOneTrackizTheBizness. Her blog: http://theskinnygirlbehindthefatbody.blogspot.com

My sister in law had it done. she lost much better on the GB than the LB. But LB takes work and she is lazy. Just saying

if mine slipped.... i would do the sleeve. Just me

I am just eager to know what my options include. I am going to try to "diet" until a decision is made. I've been sort of binging with no reason.

IF... I ever had problems w/ my LB I would choose sleeve/plication.

I love my band with plication. It was done at the time of surgery, so I don't have a reference point of what the band would be like, alone.

IMHO, I would highly recommend having plication added to the existing band, before resorting to something so permanent, like a RNY or sleeve.

Now that you mention that Bayou, have you heard of LB to plication? I wonder if that's possible? I like the idea because it's still reversible.

With this surgery, they place the band over the plicated stomach. I heard they used to do plication alone, but they've found that placing the band on top, shows much better results.

With this surgery, they place the band over the plicated stomach. I heard they used to do plication alone, but they've found that placing the band on top, shows much better results.

Right, I was just wondering if my band had to be removed due to complications, if it would be possible to get a plication only, in place of the band.

They quit doing plication's because that is how they found out that the procedure alone caused stomach tissue to die. It was really the first original weight loss surgery and after many failed attempts they couldn't get it right so they quit doing it.

They quit doing plication's because that is how they found out that the procedure alone caused stomach tissue to die. It was really the first original weight loss surgery and after many failed attempts they couldn't get it right so they quit doing it.

How recent did they stop doing Plications? Cause my band buddy just got one 7 weeks ago :) As a matter of fact I know several people who have gotten them recently :)

Right, I was just wondering if my band had to be removed due to complications, if it would be possible to get a plication only, in place of the band.

I would be interested to know the answer on this. If I had to take a guess, I would think that it all depends on what type of band complications were involved.

How recent did they stop doing Plications? Cause my band buddy just got one 7 weeks ago :) As a matter of fact I know several people who have gotten them recently :)

I thought that the band over plication took the place of plication alone. I'm probably wrong.... Maybe I confused that info with the newer info, on the better results with the duo.