Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

awaiting an adjustment

Called my surgeons office since I've started with night coughing and heartburn since my last fill. So, it's back to liquids & mushies until Wednesday when I am scheduled to go in for my first unfill.

22 months banded and still happy that I chose the band. I haven't had many adjustments but just the fact that it can be adjusted was deciding factor for me.

Curious if others do more seesawing back and forth than my experience?

Ive not had an unfill I'm only a few months in but am curious what was your increase from and too.. I'm gathering info. Thanks. Hope your unfill stops the heart burn and cough quickly for you..

Sent from my GT-S5830 using LapBandTalk

I'm risking getting flamed here, but I don't know how much is in my band. It honestly doesn't matter to me. I have a ten cc band and have had 9 fills since my surgery date of 12/12/11. I've gone from 310 to 242 with very few complaints and nice slow, steady weight loss. Happy chick!

That being said, I'm now into the "red zone" and need my first unfill.

[ Thought about it and requested my medical records about the lap band just so that I'll have a copy in case I change doctors or (someday) need to read them :-) ]

Talked to the nurse and she recommended Prevacid and I was able to sleep thru the night last night ~ amazing! Staying on a soft mushies diet until the adjustment.

No flames from me... Lol I only know because I have a plastic card thing given to me by my band providers. As I live abroad from where I get my aftercare (of sorts) I have to show it if I get ill or in an accident. Long way to go back if I have a problem..

Sent from my GT-S5830 using LapBandTalk

I've been counting down... my adjustment is tomorrow (Wednesday) at two pm.

Stick and tired of all the fluids; it reminds me of my post op diet!

Thank you :-)

I'm amazed at how instant the relief was! She removed 1/2 cc and I'll go back in two weeks for follow up.

Had a good dinner and am just a smiling woman tonight. Thanks ever so much for the good wishes :-)