Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you miss favorite foods

I'm still in the early stages of the process, still sure I want to go through with it, but there are fears of the unknown. Were any of you afraid of giving up foods you loved? If you had to adjust, how long does it take?

afraid heck no

i went through alot to have this surgery and once i got the all clear..elvis himself couldnt stop me now from heading to my goal..

i do miss drinking beer alot i admit....nothing else.......i love being out of not only the 300's and 200's and being in the 100's more than (missing) anything ......so will you

ps: you can have whatever you want, its not a diet

I got the band because I wasn't about to give up my favorite foods forever. For me, that's just another diet and a recipe for failure.

I haven't given up any food I love. I believe in moderation not deprivation.

I haven't given up any foods. I gave up the huge portions, but I don't miss that one bit.

Same as the fellow posters - I haven't given anything up. I do miss soda not because of taste but because of the convenience

same here. the only things I don't eat are those things I choose not to eat. otherwise, I eat what I want...just a lot less of it. don't worry about mourning food. many of us go through that stage. but when we see the results, who cares about what we don't eat anymore. like I've said before, there isn't a food on the planet that tastes as good as seeing myself go from a size 26/28 pants to a size 14/16.

I agree with all of the above.. I eat pretty much what I want.. but not very much of it.. tonight for instance I made Sunday dinner for my family.. 10 in all.. includes grandgirls and boyfriends.. they love my homeade mac n cheese.. so I had to bake ham too.. I had 4 oz of ham maybe a little more.. then about a tablespoon of mac n cheese.. I also had green salad.. made banana pudding too but I did not eat that..just didn't really want it... so I adapt most of my eating to band eating and I am happy as a lark.. no dieting for me ever again... Don't miss soda cause I was never a soda drinker so it has been easy for me.. do love ice cream but I get frozen yogurt (greek) instead and eat a little bit...

I agree with all of the above. Last night a wedding they gave sorbet between course, maybe 1/8 of a cup. It was so sweet, I just had the small taste. I don't miss it.

My dietitian believes in totally eliminating foods. The dietitian before her said there were no, no-nos. Just use your smarts. I use my smarts, usually but the band does remind me not to over eat, which I use to do a lot.

Yeah, I was scared that I might not be able to eat most of my comfort foods. Potatoes smothered in butter and gravy, chicken fried steak, pizza, lasagna, sandwiches, etc. But, I can still eat those foods if I want to but funny thing is, I don't want to anymore(except a once or twice a year pizza).

I don't miss the fast food. I've even stopped off at McD's and bought a double cheeseburger a few times and it just doesn't taste good anymore. My favorite quote from this board comes from Pink Dahlia, "I'm so stinkin' thrilled with my weight loss i dont even care about what i cant eat!"

I feel like I have given up everything that is healthy for me!! I can not eat fruits or veggies - and I REALLY miss them!!! But I have no problem drinking beer....

I feel like I have given up everything that is healthy for me!! I can not eat fruits or veggies - and I REALLY miss them!!! But I have no problem drinking beer....

You can't eat fruits or vegetables but you drink beer? Are you serious?

Mis73 .... I was thinking the same exact thing!

Why can't you eat veggies & fruit?

Beer is empty calories AND carbonated!

(.... Well not sure if its actually carbonated b/c I don't drink it, but people belch, it bubbles & foams)

I'm totally serious!! I don't understand why others say they can't drink beer or soda - I have NO issues there - all of my problems come from the foods that are good for me!!

I'm totally serious!! I don't understand why others say they can't drink beer or soda - I have NO issues there - all of my problems come from the foods that are good for me!!

You desperately need to see your surgeon and get some major help. None of that is even remotely right not to mention completely counter productive to having the band at all.