Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

I used to walk in the early morning, but it got too hot. My son works at the local mall, and I pick him up, so I go there early and walk laps. If you have a mall nearby try it, but don't bring any credit cards. I window shop while I walk, then go back later and buy things I don't need! It is extra walking though...

Good morning Junebies! I barely got my Water in yesterday, but finally made it. Did way too much snacking yesterday - ginger snap Cookies. Going for my fill this afternoon. I hope this does it as I hate the 3 days of liquids followed by the 3 days of mushies my doctor makes us go through after a fill. I know its for my own good, but it gets boring.

My August challenge is no snacking or eating after 8. I have to break the habit of getting something at night after dinner. This is going to be really hard as we're having a dinner party on the 19th for 6 other couples. DH birthday and they don't arrive until 6:30. Umm, I may have to eat early and just play hostess.

Hope everyone is doing well. This is going to be a good week for all of us!!

Good Morning All!

I don't post very often but I read this thread almost everyday! I did not join the Water challenge because I actually LIKE water and easily get my water in every day. I too have not lost anything in two weeks. I wonder if this is typical since so many of us are complaining of the same thing. I am eating right - maybe not enough calories but I am getting in all my Protein and also exercising every day. Surely the scale will drop soon!

I enjoy all of you so much. Count me in for the reunion next June and any gift exchange/ rewards for reaching a goal by December. I am so grateful to have this support group to turn to. It really helps to know others are going through the same things I am!

Good luck to all of you

Made my Water goal again yesterday, and got in a lot of exercise, I swam for an hour, and walked for half an hour in the evening after the sun went down and the heat wasn't so oppressive. I'm setting a month long goal for August too. In the Canada thread we decided to set individual fitness goals for August. Mine is for 300,000 steps on my pedometer for the month. They recommend you do a minimum of 10,000 steps a day for health. Well, I'm very inactive, so it's something I really need to work on. Since there is 31 days it should be 310000 steps, but I decided to give myself one days grace and round it down! LOL. I booked an appt. for my third fill for wednesday at 1:30. Hopefully third time's the charm and I get restriction! Restriction that lasts that is! Keep up the great work on the water everyone!

Good Morning Junebies!

Another week :( I did horribly yesterday - it was my birthday and I ate cake; but it was so good. I decided I would not kick my butt to bad, there has to be some normalcy to this, right? On a good note, I got all my Water in yesterday (trying to counter the cake).

I'm in Baton Rouge, LA; why don't you all pm me with your locations and I'll update a thread so we can look at it and decide where we might meet in June?

List of Junebies and location:

CathGR8 - Southern California

warmmorningsun - Baton Rouge, LA

chako_lady - Eugene, OR

Yeah! I made my Water goal again!!! 90 oz. A good friend of mine decided to finally quit smoking and do it cold turkey. I told him drinking water would really help him flush all the toxins out of his body so I challenged him with drinking water. So, now I really have to push. I can't let him beat me!!! :(

Tonight my kids and I are driving 2 1/2 hours south of us and going to the Carrie Underwood concert! We are so excited. I am going to try and stay on track with my water and my calorie intake.

I have not had a fill yet and am still working on pure will power. I do ahve to admit that I am no where as hungry as I used to be and eating smaller amounts still gives me the feeling of being full. I just don't understand why I'm not losing more weight. But, like others have said, I wonder if it is to few calories. I really need to take the time to count how many calories I have in a day. I know it can't be to many. The Cortisol Weight Loss drink I take really seems to work. I sometimes have to tell myself to eat so I make sure I am getting enough Protein in each day.

Good luck to everyone this week! And WMS I live in Eugene, Oregon. It would be so cool to finally get to meet each of my support group!

OK we need to get organzied. The Junebies are the best. PM Aimee (warmmorningsun) with your locations for the list for our June 2007 reunion. PM me with your December goals and if you want to be included in the Christmas exchange. Also need ideas about how to reward and fund the December goals. I'll post the December goals for all who are participating.

For the Christmas exchange I'll gather all the names and then randomly matched them. Let's target that for September so everyone gets a chance to "study" up on their gift receipient. This is going to be fun.

Deadline for December challenge is August 11th. Make it realistic. I liked the idea of gift cards. We could purchase them and send them to the winner in January. How does that sound? If we have more than one winner of the December goals we could draw for the winner or give more than one. Give me your ideas.

Going for a fill today. Hope this is the one!!!!!!!!!!

hey guys!!

well, had my second fill this morning. i only had 1.0 cc left from the first fill, so they put in 1.0 cc. i now have 2.0 cc. the barium went down slower this time. hopefully, i won't have to have another fill anytime soon. oh yeah, their scale says i'm down to 237.6, but my scale says 239. i think i need to get another scale.

hope everyone is doing ok!!

cutiern:D

Barbara,

On the December goal...Is it the weight we think we are going to be on Dec. 25th, or the 1st of December? If it is Christmas Day then we have 21 weeks... And are we going to set at least a minimum per week loss? Like 1 pound? So the minimum would be 21 pounds? Just curious how we can make this the most fair.

Well fill number three seems to have made a difference. I am not hungry all the time and I now need to really chew my food. YAHOO!!

I am not at 2cc ( which is 1/2 way for my band) and I am really starting to see a difference. My clothes are getting loose and people keep telling me I look great, which of course is so bitter sweet.

The best part is I feel great- more energy.

PAB

Banded 6/6/6

I was thinking the goal should be Christmas day - December 25th. For instance, my goal is to weight 200 on that day, down 47 lbs. For me, that's a little over 2 lbs a week. I will have to hussle to get there and be especially good come Thanksgiving. I don't we should set a minimum per week because things happen from week to week - Water retention, fills/unfills, cycles, etc. The overall goal is the most important. We can report progress, but its just progress. Does that seem fair?

I agree 12/25

the goals need to be a stretch but I do think we should have a weekly weight in- or something like that- maybe a goal update post.

Just my .02

Now I want to join the Water challenge. I think I have decided to officially join the June Group!! Someone is going to have to teach me how to add the water Graphics

PAB

6/6/6

I'm so addicted to the Spark People website! I initally went there because I thought that I was too low on my food intake. That HAD to be the reason I wasn't losing lately. Boy was I wrong! I honestly didn't realize how many calories, fat, etc were in some foods! Needless to say, I go on as often as possible to track my food. I hope this will help. I haven't had my first fill yet and I get soooo hungry sometimes.

I think a weekly weigh in is good but not a weekly loss requirement for the Christmas challenge. I'm in!