Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Made Water goal yesterday, personal goal too, but it was hard, felt bloated all day, I'm pretty sure I'm PMSing - will find out soon.

For the last 3 months, hubby and I have been travelling all over Canada, living in a little RV, we combined the trip across Canada to go get my surgery done by the surgeon I wanted to have do it, with exploring the country. Yesterday we started the second half of our trip, and are now down in the U.S. in New York state. We always search out RV parks with wireless internet, since he works online. Well, we didn't know anything about this campsite we booked into yesterday other than it had wireless and a pool - so I can exercise. Well, to my delight, I discovered on checking in, that this campsite has a spa/wellness center attached to it!!!! Hubby saw the longing gleam in my eyes, as I read over the spa services brochure, and said to go for it, just don't go over 200$, so we don't blow our travel budget. I am so stoked, after 3 months of camping lifestyle, I've been starting to feel rather on the grubby side despite regular swimming and showering. I've gotten rather tanned from all the time spent in campground pools and lakes and in the ocean, and I haven't tanned since I was a teen. The result, I've been feeling like my skin is in terrible condition, and my feet and hands and nails on both have been getting rather rough. Today I'm going for four hours of pampering, facial, body scrub and massage, manicure and pedicure. I think I've died and gone to heaven. I can't wait! Check in time for my appointment is 1 hour from now. I hope I lose a pound in dead skin! LOL! I'm so excited, I had to share. I very rarely ever get to do this kind of thing, I've had my nails done about 4 times in my life, had a pedicure done professionally only a couple of times. Had massages when I needed them for back pain which were covered, a series of 10 many years ago. I've never had a body scrub, and I've never had a facial (other than doing your own at home). I feel like it's Christmas in July come totally by surprise!

XO

Leila

I barely made the 64 ounces yesterday...it was hard yesterday for some reason but i did it....i had to use the bathroom all night long but i got my Water in...:rofl:

Leila - whoo hoo! Enjoy every second of the pampering. You deserve it!

I didn't do so well on Water. Only about 50 oz. But better than before! Have a wonderful day everyone.

Made my Water goal close to the midnight hour! Yikes--Leila you're killin' me with this new challenge (Thanks!)

So happy to hear Leila about your spa day--a day to remember!

WMS (Aimee) Congrats on the try--50 ounces is not a bad showing for what we probably consumed in the past.

Barb has also met her water goal.

Off the subject--but is anyone losing much in their waiste? :help: Mine seems to be losing at a much slower rate than the rest of my body.

Is it my brain or my vision? Chako Lady--WAY TO GO--smooth skin here we come! Think I'll give up and sign off!

I have been wanting to get a massage and keep putting it off. If you don't drink enough Water afterwards you can get sick. I've done it plenty of times. I now schedule them during the day so I force myself to drink. Now with the water challenge it won't be as big of an issue. Enjoy your spa day.

I increased my water intake slightly yesterday. It is becomming easier and easier to drink. I'm not as scared anymore and can sorta chug. Not sure how I'll do after another fill, but for now its going down easy.

I'm starting to notice some difference in my clothes. Does anyone else still get swelling in the abdomen? I get a hard place between my breasts that goes down to major scar. It seems to be harder after I eat. I can feel it when I'm standing, but not so much when I'm laying down. I'm going to have them check on it again when I go for a fill, only when I'm standing. The last time I was laying down and I don't think they felt it.

Hope everyone has great plans for the weekend. I don't want to hear any reports of PBs or M&M raids. :rofl:

Wow! Everyone is doing so well on the Water challenge. I really do think that the Junebies are going to be the most sucessful "losers" of all time because of this thread. I know I come here for encouragement...even if I don't post something, I'm here reading what everyone is writing and learning something every day. Keep up the good work everyone!

Someday we will have a reunion and get to meet each other for a personal thank you! They say the most sucessful weight loss comes when you have a support person...Well we beat that by having a support group!

PinkyLee.....Not losing much off of the waist yet. That is always my last place to lose....unfortunately it is the biggest place i have to lose. I am losing in my legs and my face. I can really see in my pics. I can tell a little in my waist because of how my jeans are fitting me now.

This Water challenge was an excellent idea.....i never thought of my water before the way i do now. I actually drank some tea today and what a change of taste after drinking soooo much water. I hope my weight starts to move again i am stuck at 260 but i have only been stuck since i stopped exercising, i just started back yesterday so we will see. I am challenging myself to lose 61 pounds by christmas.....seems impossible but i sure am going to try.

We should start a challenge for ourselves for chirstmas...like the biggest loser receives a gift. I would be willing to do a gift card just like JQpublic is doing. Like a $20 gift card to Walmart. What do you guys think about that. Our own little june challenge and it will light a fire under our butts. Let me know what you think and we can make rules together and decide on a start date.

Well, Darn, I forgot to post last night. Did get my smileys off yesterday, and will have to add one for Thurs.

I have been quite out of it with the move. Please forgive me if I don't remember to post daily. I know that will knock me out of the challenge, but I promise I will drink my Water. Love the water article too.

I am having terrible problems with eating this week. I know some of it is mother nature, but I can eat WAY too much. I have measured out my lunch. 1 cup of stew, and will try to see how I do on that, but last night I ate 3/4 of a taco salad from taco bell. CARBS are the DEVIL!! I need to get off of them again and quick....

Will check back in again tonight to add my water smileys.

Have a great day!

I think the Christmas challenge is a wonderful idea. Not sure # of lbs is the way to go because some have more/less than others, but making and meeting the goal would be a winner. We could then put all the names into a hat (or something) and chose the ultimate winner. Or all the winners could share some contribution from the others or something.

I am a member of the Christmas challenge on another thread and have made my committment. I started this journey at 269, 267 day of surgery, and want to be 200 at Christmas. I am currently at 248.

I also thought about the reunion idea and have a thought. Maybe we could plan a 1 year reunion next June. We all could meet somewhere and have a face to face. We are an awesome group and I've gained so much from being a part of it.

OK, now back to my Water. :)

Congrats to those making Water challenge.

warmmorning sun - the important thing is your water intake is improving! yay! 50 ounces is great!

I too am slow to lose around my waist and can see it mostly in my face and legs. And my skin does seem softer/looser though that may be paranoia!

barb - if by abdominal swelling you mean gas, then yes. My surgery related gas must be long gone, but I have digestive related gas much more than pre-lab band. This seems to happen to a lot of people post lap-band. When you take smaller bites, and chew a lot, it means you swallow more often, everytime you swallow you swallow air with food - and with water. One of the reasons a lot of surgeons say no drinking through straws and no carbonated beverages is that can increase gas too. I'm going to start supplementing with enzymes taking them with my meals to see if it will decrease my gas. gas-x doesn't do anything for me at all.

XO

Leila

btw, the spa was awesome, my whole body feels like it's made of Jello!