Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Hey Everyone! PM me your login name and location so we can determine a meeting place for our anniversary June 2007! So far this is what I have...

List of Junebies and location:

CathGR8 - Southern California

warmmorningsun - Baton Rouge, LA

chako_lady - Eugene, OR

Melissa Lea - Houston, TX

Barbara465 - Houston, TX

socalgal3 - Southern California<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Welcome Regina!!

CutieRN --I go for my second fill this Thursday. I think that my fill is completely gone!! I only had 1.1 cc to begin with. I can eat anything. I was worried about my pouch stretching, but nothing gets stuck or tight. So I think my food is just dropping right through to the rest of my stomach.

I'm hoping for a really good fill and less hunger!

Melissa Lea

hey melissa,

i definitely notice a difference with this fill. my mother made me some shrimp etoufee (i think that's how you spell it). i had 3 shrimp and maybe 1/4 c of sauce. it took me forever to finish. i chewed and chewed. i felt that tightness in my chest and back after a couple of bites. i'm able to get Water down with no problem. i'm burping alot sooner now too. i hope this keeps up.

cutiern

Welcome Regina!

warmmorningsun- as per my name, I live in Southern California.

PAB- click on Quick Links, then edit signature. Click on the blue smiley face to indicate that you met your Water goal.

I love Spark People too! I never met my carbs though til today.

My port area really hurts today(??):phanvan

CutieRN I hope that I notice a difference. I am almost as hungry as I was pre-op right now. I can't complain, this is the first time that I have felt this way. I'm not allowing myself to eat but I sure could.

When you went for your second fill was it smooth sailing?? The first and only time I went to the surgicenter for a fill it took almost 2 hours because they were that far behind. I was told that it normally takes about 30 mintues? Maybe it's the time of day I'm going (noon), because I have to get back to work.

Melissa Lea

List of Junebies and location:

CathGR8 - Southern California

warmmorningsun - Baton Rouge, LA

chako_lady - Eugene, OR

Melissa Lea - Houston, TX

Barbara465 - Houston, TX

socalgal3 - Southern California

Poodles- Dallas TX area (Rockwall)

CindyCam - LaPlace, LA

rroswelltx - Royse City, TX

lucymann - Seattle, WA

PAB - Boston, MA

DScheidle - San Diego, CA

More peoples sent in info. Keep it coming!

OMG just got back from surgicenter. I gained 4 lbs. How is that possible? They said maybe because time of day, bathroom, etc. I was just astonished. I don't know how much they put in, took out, etc. She said I now have 1.5. At first they couldn't find the fill, but when she went to put more in the other came out. I asked her how much total was now in there and she said 1.5. I'm not sure I believe her since she asked them to fill the needle to 1.5. I'll just see how this goes. I just want some restriction.

OK good I can't eat for 3 days because I'm now depressed!

melissa,

my appt was at 9:30 and i got there at 9:15. i think i left about 10:15...i think. there were 4 people already in the sitting area when i got there. i was called up to the desk quickly and was called to the back about 10 minutes after that. it didn't take that long.

i know how you feel about the hunger. i felt like that for the past 3 weeks. i only noticed restriction for 2 days. i couldn't wait for today to get here. but, like i said earlier, i do notice a big difference from the first fill. don't know if it's gonna last, but there is a difference. maybe 2 cc is my sweet spot for right now. i'll give it a week and if the restriction i feel right now passes, i'll make and appt for fill #3. i didn't pay all this money for nothing!!

i had more gas when i got home this time. i don't know what that was about, but it went away quickly.

hope everything goes ok thursday.

cutiern

I got to the surgicenter at 3:00 pm. I registered and was in getting a fill at 3:12, out of there at 3:20. I have gone in the afternoon about that time each time and have waltzed in and out. Usually the only person or one or two others. Only the first time I went a little earlier and there were 4 people ahead of me, but it still went quickly.

Well CutieRN and Barbara --I hope that my fill this time goes as smootly as yours. Last time I got there at 11:45 a.m. and out of there at 1:15 p.m. I was very late getting back to work.

Well, I didn't weigh this morning because the scale hasn't moved. However, I did eat more this weekend and staid pretty satisfied most of it. I have been taking a closer look to see if I am getting enough calories. I've been so scared that I'm going to stretch my pouch or do something bad. I've only had one small PB at that was prior to my fill while eating some Pasta.

Don't get discouraged Barbara with your weight. I'm sure it's just Fluid. You have to remember that you have been drinking more fluid and staying hydrated now. Also clothes. When I weigh at home I'm always in my birthday suite. That helps a lot!!

Melissa Lea

My aunt just sent this to me in an email:

One glass of Water shuts down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University study.

Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen.

Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

Are you drinking the amount of water you should every day?

:welcome: Regina and PAB to the June Band Crew!!!

I did not get my Water in yesterday i was short by 20 ounces...i had the worst PB yesterday..lasted almost 2 1/2 hours.

I did manage to get my water in today.

I go for my third fill Thursday.

Hey all it's been a while since I was online...(damn busy work schedule).

I have a lot of catching up reading to do BUT -

Janelle - I have my first fill set for August 10th - are you coming down???

I have been doing well with my Water between 64 and 96 oz a day... what is the amount for the challenge?

I've been on solid foods for two weeks and haven't lost anything since I started solids, but this weekend I dropped 5 lbs! What a great feeling that I am losing again.:clap2:

BTW - for a June 2007 reunion - I live in Southern California, and if anyone needs help with travel plans - drop your friendly, weight-losing travel agent a note:biggrin1:

Darrin, I was just thinking about you the other day. How are you doing? I don't think I will be going in for a fill until the end of August. I wish I could go when you do. Would be great to see you again. Please let me know how things go and how much of a fill you get.