Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

I haven't posted lately. I have been somewhat discouraged with my progress. I'm stuck at this weight and it won't budge. I don't feel any restriction and I have to wait until next week for another fill. I really thought this would be easier. I know from many years of experience that I will not stick to a diet for any extended period of time. I really wanted a tool that would "make" me adhere. Sorry, just feeling a little hopeless today.

I would be interested in a June anniversary get together. I vote for Vegas or possibly a cruise. Sedona in June might be a little much.

Hope everyone who has had their second fill will start reporting great results soon............I need some light at the end of the tunnel.

Hey Barbara good to hear from you. Look at my stats I'm not doing much either. Had my 2nd fill after the unfill on Monday. It's too early to tell if there's restriction since I'm still on liquids. I'm already thinking I have to go in for another one soon. :)

I've heard, but don't have any experience with it, that sometimes weeks go by and then wham down some number of pounds. If that's true maybe it will happen to you. I see that you've lost 24 lbs which is very good. I am thinking that some people lose it really fast, and others not so fast. I've decided I'm one of those not so fast. I am depressed about it, but not discouraged. I just have to not expect so much so fast. Easier said than done.

Hope next week's fill gives you the restriction you are looking for.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">List of Junebies and location:

CathGR8 - Southern California

warmmorningsun - Baton Rouge, LA

chako_lady - Eugene, OR

Melissa Lea - Houston, TX

Barbara465 - Houston, TX

socalgal3 - Southern California

Poodles- Dallas TX area (Rockwall)

CindyCam - LaPlace, LA

rroswelltx - Royse City, TX

lucymann - Seattle, WA

PAB - Boston, MA

DScheidle - San Diego, CA

housecatgirl- Southern California

divanita2006 - Dallas, TX

suefwd - TN

IBLoser - San Diego, CA

Leila - Vancouver, BC Canada

ddm241 - Burbank, CA

devana - Vancouver Island, BC Canada

Stella - Las Vegas, NV

lucymann - Sedona, AZ

kimsretro - Wilmington, DE

tribon - Indiana

Pinkylee - Houston, TX

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Hey guys, if you're up for all of us meeting in June 2007 for our bandiversary, keep the names coming! I'll continue to add to the list 2-3 times a day through the end of the week (Sunday evening), then the next step will be voting or deciding on a meeting place and dates!<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Hi!! My surgery was June 23rd in Monterrey...hubby and I both. He is down 46lbs without a fill and I was just filled 1cc in a 4cc band on Monday. I am only down 20lbs, but feel much better restriction now so I am hopeful!!

Well had fill number 3 today, 3 fills in 3 weeks! This time he added a whole cc bringing me up to 5.5 cc's in the VG band. He pulled the previous cc's out to make sure they were there, and they were, and added the additional 1cc. He doesn't do fills under florou, says the accuracy has been shown to be the same either way. Drank Water in the office to ensure that I wasn't over restricted, went down smooth, no problems. Went smooth and easy, still can't feel the port by palpitation, but when he went in with the needle he says it's still just where he placed it. I had a small can of some soft salmon salad made with light mayo about 3 hours post fill, and it went down fine, and I did feel satisfied on it. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I have restriction, and that it lasts. I'll be doing soft foods for the rest of the day (my Dr.'s guidelines for post fill) and trying regular solids tommorow.

I've been doing my water fine. But I'm retaining water right now because of my menses, so my weight hasn't gone down this week with my wednesday weigh in. I -always- put on water weight during my period, so I'm not going to worry about it.

So far through this whole thing I only had the one PB on the soft mackerel way back without even being restricted (something about that mackerel just stuck). Then this last week I did get a bit of a golf-ball with some mashed jamaican yam. I did drink water then to try to get unstuck, and the water unstuck me right away. Went through and the pain stopped immediately. I've heard some people say drinking when they are stuck makes it worse, and others say it makes it better, and some say sometimes it makes it worse and sometimes it makes it better. So I think it's a learning curve to work out what works with your body/band.

I wonder if there is somewhere where we could go for the reunion where we could get spa treatments and some kind of group spa deal? It would be nice to make it something where we treat ourselves for our progress and Celebrate being banded a year by pampering ourselves, what do people think?

:welcome::welcome:NDBeeKeeper !!

Well i didnt get my Water in sunday due to horrible PB. I did manage to get it all in Monday, Tuesday and finished 64 ounces so far for today.

Last night i did some dancing for exercise. I had so much fun. My son and his gf were dancing with me...we danced for over an hour. We did your typical line dances. I think i will continue to do this at least it is something.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">List of Junebies and location:

CathGR8 - Southern California

warmmorningsun - Baton Rouge, LA

chako_lady - Eugene, OR

Melissa Lea - Houston, TX

Barbara465 - Houston, TX

socalgal3 - Southern California

Poodles- Dallas TX area (Rockwall)

CindyCam - LaPlace, LA

rroswelltx - Royse City, TX

lucymann - Seattle, WA

PAB - Boston, MA

DScheidle - San Diego, CA

housecatgirl- Southern California

divanita2006 - Dallas, TX

suefwd - TN

IBLoser - San Diego, CA

Leila - Vancouver, BC Canada

ddm241 - Burbank, CA

devana - Vancouver Island, BC Canada

Stella - Las Vegas, NV

lucymann - Sedona, AZ

kimsretro - Wilmington, DE

tribon - Indiana

Pinkylee - Houston, TX

lasonyadj - Norfolk, VA

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Wow the Junebies thread is slower today than normal :confused: I'm still collecting names, just let me know to add you by Sunday night please! (meeting in June 2007 for our bandiversary) Next step will be voting or deciding on a meeting place and dates!<!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

I haven't posted lately. I have been somewhat discouraged with my progress. I'm stuck at this weight and it won't budge. I don't feel any restriction and I have to wait until next week for another fill.

Don't be discouraged. Join our Water challenge or increase your activity, lower your carbs, no more liquid calories, etc. (you've probably read them all). Plateus are frustrating, but everyone on LBT seem to have them.

We're pulling for you. It seems like the lap band method of losing weight comes with a unique bag of tricks for each of us. Try to read and post often--it seems to help.

well, i haven't posted in a while. but, here is an update. scale still hasn't moved. this is week 3 of that. i am now drinking way more Water than i was initially. i am up to at least 32ozs a day. i know i should do more, but trust me, this is a struggle. i am trying to get up to those 1000 calories a day, but that is challenging too. i have 2 friends that had the gastric bypass done. one had it done 2 years ago and one almost one year ago. the one that had hers done 2 years ago is not losing too well. the other has lost 200 pound and still losing. they both tell me not to worry and that it will pick up again, but what if it doesn't (the weight loss that is)? i exercise too. i feel like i am whining. i am very grateful though to be maintaining at the weight that i am. that is progress seeing as though i was gaining constantly before. so, i should be grateful. i just didn't spend $9000 to just lose 17 pounds and that be it. does anyone understand me?

Hello Everyone --

I had my second fill today. I'm now at 2.1 cc. So far so good. I'm certainly not going to push it!!

For those in the Houston, Texas area, I hope you have had better luck with your fill appointments at the surgicenter. The first time I went for my fill it took me 2 hours because they were running behind an hour. Today when I went, it took me 2 hours becuase they had my appointment listed at 2:30 p.m. and not noon. They changed the time of my appointment but I still had to wait. I hope I don't need a 3rd fill for some time. I'm not sure I have the patience for the 2 hour appointments. I don't think I will be making my appointments at noon anymore.

I was down a few more pounds. There scale is exactly 4 pounds higher than mine. Of course, I weigh in the morning first thing in my birthday suite:o . Hey, it makes a difference.

For those at their first plateu hang in there. I was stuck at the exact same weight for over 2 weeks. It's just this week the scale started to move again.

Melissa Lea

Christa.............I hear ya! I guess we all go through times when we get discouraged. I am really down right now. We have to keep encouraging each other and hopefully this will pass and so will the pounds.

:update: H20 CHALLENGE:

We have 3 posting a perfect week:

CindyCam, Leila Raven and Pinkylee :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Barbara came close with 6

Cathy posted 3

Poodles posted 1 (didn't keep up with posting--but is drinking more water)

Congratulations on another week!

Our main challenge seems to be fills. We had some real positive results last week by increasing our Water intake. If you have any comments for this week--please share them.

I'd like to continue posting on the water challenge for at least 4 more weeks (and longer as long as we have interest) Doesn't it take 6 weeks to develop a new habit?

Thanks for posting and good luck this week.

Want to join? PM me for the info.

I've had a really bad day. I was stopped up in lower region and was having a real tough time of it. I finally am feeling better, but this has got to stop. My activia seemed to be working, but nothing since Friday. I think these barium swings and fills wreck havoc on my system. I don't want to go through this again. This is the second major time and a few not so major. Now you have to understand where I'm coming from. I have a spastic colon and prior to surgery had diarrea lots. To go the other wy is just not in my understanding. Sorry for so much information, but this just getting to me. Now I have to worry about dehydration so need to get back to Water.< /p>

I'm supposed to be on mushies today, but I haven't had much of anything today. I need to go drink some water.

Hang in there everyone. We will get through this.