Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Warmmorningsun, you are our inspiration today!!!!! Congratulations! I'm all for a new, more positive attitude. I really needed an attitude adjustment. Thanks.

Warmmorningsun, you are our inspiration today!!!!! Congratulations! I'm all for a new, more positive attitude. I really needed an attitude adjustment. Thanks.

Hey Barbara, I don't mean to belittle or minimize depression and frustration - God knows I have felt it! But I'm wondering if we can't look at today as a new start and do it collectively; God may smile on us and *poof* give us a few pounds down and a little indication that He's with us on this. It is such a challenge everyday - I think for everyone here. We all have different challenges: age, outlook, eating habits, discouragement, lack of support, self-sabatoge, apathy, addiction, money, etc. Some of us have it in multiples! So it's hard for everyone, almost everyday. WE are going to make it through. Every loss (however small or great it is) is a step to the other side. Go Junebies! (*shake shake shake* *RAH RAH RAH!*)

Thanks Aimee, this is the last post I'm reading before heading off to work and your moving scale and positive attitude has inspired me. Maybe my scale will move this weekend. Or maybe I just have to be patient for another couple of weeks till I get my first fill.

Hello JuneBees !! I received my third fill yesterday. I was given .5cc's. Still on liquids so not sure if it is working yet. I lost 7 pounds in 20 days...:clap2: I guess all that dancing is paying off.

Got my Water in last night by the hardest.

The one thing that i have changed since we started the water challenge is that before i use to drink tea all day long since the water challenge i have only had one tea and one lemonade and the rest water. I have acquired a taste for water now and i crave it, and i Hated water. So this water challenge is really a great thing!!

Hello everyone!! I had my first fill today...It wasnt bad at all, it was just hard waiting for so long to be able to get a fill...Dr says liquids for 48 hours then on to the good stuff...He also advises that I didnt need to schedule another fill until I stopped losing or went under 4-6 lbs loss in a month...I thought that they scheduled you for fills anyways, but who am I to second guess...But anyways, I dont really know about my restrictions yet due to not being able to eat but it takes alot longer to get my Water down

List of Junebies and location:

CathGR8 - Southern California

warmmorningsun - Baton Rouge, LA

chako_lady - Eugene, OR

Melissa Lea - Houston, TX

Barbara465 - Houston, TX

socalgal3 - Southern California

Poodles- Dallas TX area (Rockwall)

CindyCam - LaPlace, LA

rroswelltx - Royse City, TX

lucymann - Seattle, WA

PAB - Boston, MA

DScheidle - San Diego, CA

housecatgirl- Southern California

divanita2006 - Dallas, TX

suefwd - TN

IBLoser - San Diego, CA

Leila - Vancouver, BC Canada

ddm241 - Burbank, CA

devana - Vancouver Island, BC Canada

Stella - Las Vegas, NV

lucymann - Sedona, AZ

kimsretro - Wilmington, DE

tribon - Indiana

Pinkylee - Houston, TX

lasonyadj - Norfolk, VA

Randi L - Ocean Hills, CA

Dancing Queen - Little Rock, AR

Barbara12375 - Houston, TX

avilla - Irving, TX

Have a great night! I'm still collecting names, just let me know to add you by Sunday night please! (meeting in June 2007 for our bandiversary) Next step will be voting or deciding on a meeting place and dates!

Not doing so hot on the Water challenge since my fill. It is actually hard to drink a full 20 oz bottle in an hour. Used to take me 5 minutes...

Maybe a little too full... but that is just fine with me! I can't wait for the scale to move.

Quite honestly, I never liked drinking Water, but the water challenge has made it easier.

Congrats to everyone who is "making it" one day at a time and especially to those who are trying. Special thoughts for those of you struggling with fills and other ailments.

You inspire me to grab a water and not another artificially sweetened something. Water has to be better than splenda or sweetnlow for our bodies!

Have a great weekend!

Chako Lady (Janelle) posted 6 smiley's for last week.

If I missed anyone else, I'm sorry.

Been in a rush since a minivacation with my sisters this week. We took their kids to Six Flags and I wore a bathing suit, rode kiddie rides (and fit in them nicely) and I did gain l.5 pounds on pure junk food (I was down 3 on Monday so I still had a small loss for the week)! It's amazing what I can eat if I eat it slow enough!

I'm back at it today and enjoying "catching up" with the Junebies and a bit hungry, but thankfully back in control--one day at a time.

Good Grief!! My second fill is going to do me in. I must drink warm liquids in the AM just to feel normal, and must not eat until around noon. Then about 3 I am wide open. Been drinking warm liquids before bed and when I wake up to try and help it. Would be better if it were winter.

Anyone else this tight???

My sons friend was getting married tonite, and I wasn't sure if I wanted to go to the wedding. Wasn't sure what to wear. Had my hair cut, wasn't sure how to do it. Didn't really want to see anyone, because if they "did" know about my surgery, didn't want to face expectations. Didn't want to face the buffet, or the bar, or the dancing.

I put on black tuxedo pants, with a layered lace top. I put on my face, did my hair, added some bling - and forced myself to accept that I should go - because my son was in the wedding, and the guy getting married always calls me mom, as I've known him most of his life.

As a wedding coordinator for many years, I'm always interested in watching someone elses work, and the way a room is set up, etc.

I drank my Water. I ate the chicken and some mashed potatos.

I said "no thanks, I'm not drinking anything" at least 40 times.

I sat at the table with my sons friends. I've known them all for 25 years now. Many have been married, had kids, divorced. They all still act like a hosted bar is a gift from Heaven.

After the cake I couldn't wait to leave. I was tired of smiling. I was tired of acting like I wanted to be there. Truth is, I was tired of looking at all the 30somethings, with their future wide open. Tired of looking at the women in the room, and feeling like I was the biggest one. <I wasn't>

Tired of wondering if I'll look like a Sharpei if I do lose the weight. If I'll ever be able to wear girl heels, and party dresses.

After 8 days of antibiotics, I have the yeast infection that normally accompanies too much antibiotic. I still have the infection on my incision, and under my boob. I am creamed up, and pill'd up, and feeling like I'm all used up.

I had asked my son not to tell his friends about the surgery. I thought he had honored that. But at one point, a very sweet guy slid his chair up next to mine and said "I know you had some surgery, how are you?"

"I'm great!" I replied, wondering how many other of his friends knew.

So, when I got home, I drank an ice tea, and while I've leaned to enjoy diet ice tea - I forgot I couldn't glug it. It just came back up.

My mom died 11 months ago. I was her primary caregiver for almost 2 years. She would have supported my decision. I don't need others approval, or sympathy. It's like I want to crawl in to my little lapband hole, and deal with it, without having to explain it, or defend it. I just want it to be a year from now, with my transformation in process, and

me, dancing, in a great pair of heels that cost too much money.

I'm rambling. I'm sad. Having done 1000's of weddings, it all starts out so hopeful, the applause when the couple enters the room, the clinking of the glasses and the kisses. Fast forward to the rollercoaster ride of getting a divorce.

We chase love. We chase another body. We chased food.< /p>

I'm tired of chasing.

Sorry, I'll stop now.

Oh Randi my heart goes out to you. Take a deep breathe. And another. You have taken a major step. Be proud of yourself, but don't forget to live in the present. You are a wonderful human being, with lots to give, no matter what your size. Stand tall and proud of all you have done and all that you have yet to do. In life there are so many challenges, so many highs, and so many lows. You are on a good road now. Take time to enjoy it, even with its uneven texture, potholes, and curves.

There are several of us that Celebrate our birthdays within days of each other in September. Two of us will be 60 and one was to be 62. We have rented a condo in Hilton Head and planned on having a spa and beach week to celebrate. One of us died this week. I understand the importance of living in the moment for tomorrow may never come.

Not sure how much restriction I have. I feel some, but still able to eat more than I think I should. I may need another slight fill, but will wait a few weeks for that. I want this one to settle before I think about another one.

Hope everyone is doing better. Poodles I think you are too tight. Please be careful. I guess you are going to be one of those that are tight in the mornings. I guess that means that night eating could be a problem since you are open more then.

Have a great Sunday.

Hi Randi, I love what Barbara just said about taking time to enjoy the road even with it's uneven texture, potholes and curves.

I believe that difficult times that cause sadness and introspection are part of our continuing growing up process. Kind of like stirring the pot, I guess, helping us to become more "done."

I was asking a first nations friend of mine awhile ago about what makes an "elder" in her culture. She said that it's not just the years but the variety of experiences and the integration of those experiences.

I think these moments can contribute to us all becoming wise women or wise men.

Hang in there.

Randi,

Boy I absolutley can relate to your post and feel the pain!

Just had my first fill. Can feel the restriction. I wondered if anyone else can feel their tube/port sloshing around? Mine feels like it's got gas bubbles around and I swear I can feel it move.

I still have gas pains in my left shoulder - any one else? and what do you do for it?