Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

My scales are moving downward. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I lost another 1 or 2 lbs. My scales are digital and I get a different reading depending on where on the floor I place it. Its getting frustrating. When I went to the doctor, PCP, on Thursday I had lost the 4 lbs gained from the unfill and 1 more. I think I'm down some more from that. Definitely can eat too much though. Calling for a slight fill for next week.

The tightness in my throat has gone away. I definitely think that was stress. I do notice after sleeping for a while that I get a slight feeling like reflux. I need to watch that because I don't want that trouble to start.

The Water is much easier now. Once I started drinking and realized that I could drink, I wanted it. You really can gulp it down. I was afraid to at first, but now I'm not.

Hope everyone is doing well. I haven't gotten much response for the Christmas challenge and/or the christmas exchange. Let me know if you want to participate. I only have about 5 names so far.

okay. i am so not thrilled. last week i posted that i had started taking in the 1000 cal a day and drinking the 2 Protein Shakes a day and drinking Water and that i had finally seen the scales move after 4 weeks of nothing. that must was a fluke or something because though they were lost, they have been found!! this is so frustrating. i am doing what i am supposed to do and yet, nothing. this will be going on my 5th week with nothing. it is really starting to piss me off. i didn't spend darn near 10,000 to lose 18 pounds! and yes i know that i was gaining before but this is ridiculous!! i talked to the nutritionist from the clinic where i had the surgery performed and she said i don't need a fill. they gave me 3ccs at the time of placement of the band. according to her, i just need to relax and take in 1000 calories a day and have 2 Protein shakes and plenty of water. DUH! not working. and according to her i am doing better than the average of 10 pounds a month. how when i lost 17 pounds the first 20 days post op and nothing since then! it will be 7 weeks since the surgery come this thursday and i am not just feeling like i am doing oh so great! it is very hard for me to continue to make healthy choices and do the right thing when i see no results for my troubles. that is the problem i had pre-surgery. going without my favorite high fat foods and exercising (which i like) and going for healthy with no results was discouraging to me then and it is beginning to get discouraging now. i just see visions of 10K swirling around in the toilet going downward because this is what i am beginning to think i did with having this surgery. then on top of all of that, the clinic where i had the surgery done won't send me the surgery notes so that i can see a doctor over here and the doctor here doesn't automatically take patients that had the bands placed in mexico. he has to review the file before he will say yes or no. the clinic in mexico claims they gave me surgery notes, but they didn't. so, i am just in an overall pissy mood about all of this today. i am just venting.

I found out too this weekend, how stress and emotion can effect us. The only day I get to eat lunch with DH is Sunday. I didn't go to church (cellutytis) and he called after to say he was eating in town with friends. I blendered up some lunch and it wouldn't go through. PB's...lots...then I finally relaxed and it came up.First time ever for that. I felt I was tight before starting to eat, but like before, I tried to ignore it and procede. Now I know........don't do it! It was 6:30 p.m. before I tried any more food. Just had Water.< /p>

ofps

I am beginning to think we all need to throw the scales away. All of us can't be doing the wrong things. I think we lose that first 10-20 lbs from surgery and then we wait and wait and wait. We expect the same quick results and when they don't come, we get depressed.

Let's concentrate on doing the right things and forget the scales. We are drinking our Water. Now let's concentrate on getting a minimum of 60 grams of Protein a day from food. I noticed I'm eating a little more, not drinking a Protein Drink, and I've started losing. I think we have to eat solid food in order to lose weight. I was eating too much Soup and drinking Protein Drinks. I'm going to try to eat more solid protein.

I agree with Barbara-

we all need to just relax and work the process. Right now I think all of us are frustrated. But according to all the books etc.. we are doing the right things I think we just need some patience. This Tool does work, we all have read the stats on the process.

So deep breathe and lets just stick to the tried and true this week.

What else can we do?

I know this post sounds so glass 1/2 full, but I am trying to get myself out of glass 1/2 empty mode too.

Protein first

64 oz of h20

Chew the food

Exercise

Hope everyone is doing well. I haven't gotten much response for the Christmas challenge and/or the christmas exchange. Let me know if you want to participate. I only have about 5 names so far.

;):Banane49: :) :):Banane49::):Banane49::Banane49::Banane49::Banane49:

So glad to hear your good news! You deserve it Barb.

I'd like in on Christmas Challenge if I'm not already. My stats are already on my signature line.

Start: 215.5

Current: 215.5

Goal: 175

Hi ;)

I was banded on June 23rd. I had my first fill August 8th. I feel that things are going really well for me, I have tough nights and actually something makes me want to pig out tonight ?! I already ate my little dinner, and I tried salad for the first time tonight, so far so good. I get nervous that now that I can FINALLY eat "regular" food that Im not going to lose. I just need to watch the portions.

YAY TO ALL JUNE BANDSTERS!!!!

I'm such a failure. Everyone has lost so much more then me. I have no restriction after 1 fill and can and will eat everything I can. I'm really bummed. I have stayed away from here out of shame and depression and I finally logged on again. I can eat 80% of what I did before. I go for a fill again tomorrow though.

okay. i am so not thrilled. last week i posted that i had started taking in the 1000 cal a day and drinking the 2 Protein Shakes a day and drinking Water and that i had finally seen the scales move after 4 weeks of nothing. that must was a fluke or something because though they were lost, they have been found!! this is so frustrating. i am doing what i am supposed to do and yet, nothing.

Christa--Don't Get Frustrated!

Rarely do I see a new "lower" number on the scale that it doesn't disappear for a few days. Sometimes it comes and goes for over a week. I've learned to accept that I've "captured" a new number. It may run and hide for a while, but it's mine. If I hang in there, it does come back and usually another lower number comes up in a few days and the process starts again.

Hang in there. My success depends on eating 1000 to 1200 cals/day and moving my b---. I do an exercise DVD in am and add a fast walk in the evening if I've been "stuck" for a while. I haven't lost as quickly as many of the bandsters out there. I average a little over 1 pound a week now. The weight loss is not predictable, but in my mind, I claim any new "low" as mine. When it hides I know I'll find it again. The longest wait was 10 days. YOU ARE NOT ALONE IN THIS LITTLE GAME. Read PhotoNut's posts. She's been around a good while and has recently experienced the same thing.

You know, I have been reading along, but not posting for a while on this thread. I see the frustration from the scale... and I feel it too.

My latest fill has made me very tight, and I admit to resorting to liquid calories and calories from soft food that goes down easily. When I try to eat something that worked prefill, it backfires on me... so I am having to relearn what I can eat.

With solid Protein I can eat 1 or 2 bites and that is it. It does not keep me full for long... and that is frustrating.

I have discovered healthy choice meals, which are the right size and consistancy for me right now... but still the scale will not move.

I wish someone would say... Hey Poodles you need to eat this way and only this way and give me a schedule, types/amounts of food to eat, types and amounts of liquids, and then set me on my way. (This will probably work better when I go back to school I am sure... they will put me on a schedule for most of the day.)

Anyone want to give it a shot? Keep in mind I can not eat mushies/solids until around noon and stay up late.

Barb--

Great idea! I'd rather eat veggies than Protein any day--I need to do better.

I've added 2 Snacks to my "3 small meals" plan. Can't seem to get enough food to feel good if I don't.

Is anyone out there successful at the lap band's "recommended" 3 small meal plan?

Hi everyone..I just got back from having my 1st fill done in Mexico...I've lost 40lbs.He gave me 1.4cc's..still on soft foods,but so far I think it was a good fill..I joined Curves today..I am hoping that will help me a little..ya'll have a good day..

Poodles - I really think you are a little too tight. I don't think you should have to wait until most of the day is over before you can eat. That just sets you up for the evening.

I am now convinced that we really do have to eat solid food to lose. I am limiting my Protein drink to the morning. It is a fast Breakfast and easy on the stomach. For lunch some form of protein and a veggie. dinner is the same with a little carb thrown in for pleasure. ;) I have been snacking on a few animal crackers or an apple. If I get really hungry I have a few wheat crackers with Peanut Butter. Haven't been able to go without a snack or two during the day.

One thing I am having great success at eating is pork chops. We buy very thin ones and they are tasty, tender, and just right. I usually eat this with a vegetable and a little snack container of applesauce. I make enough to have the next day for lunch. I am doing better on solid foods and think I will try this for a while.

I also get my Water in early during the day. Anything in the evening is bonus. I find by drinking the water during the day I am less hungry. I haven't even had my crystal light because I want to make sure I get the water in. I do make sure I drink at least 1/2 bottle of water before going to bed. I want to make sure that the pouch is clean to eliminate any reflux issues.

I'm not perfect, but this new approach seems to be working better. I still think I'm able to eat too much, so a fill is in order.

Hang in there everyone. This is going to take time. However, when we least expect it, the scales will move downward. Let's concentrate on the program, and not so much on the scale.< /p>

I am able to stick to 3 small meals a day, and don't seem to get hungery. My sadness i think is coming from that I have dropped weight sooo fast this past 2 1/2 months that now the scal is not moving very fast, I really need to hide the scales, and not weigh myself twice a day cause it just makes me sad. Hitting Onderland was a hugh success and 57lbs in that short of time should make me happy, but I want to taste thinness sooo bad I am to hard on myself. I agree with the solid Protein though, during the time I was losing so fast the more solid protein I ate the faster the scale moved. I do want to do the Christmas challenge though, did you all decide that we are setting our own goal or what I don't understand the rules. Try to stay strong guys, we will be there, it is just going to take time and let's HIDE THOSE SCALES!!!!!!!