Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

I feel a little different after this fill. First, I felt some tightness in my chest. Not pain, not heartburn, just a little tight. Some of this is due to stress I'm sure and some from the fill. Its like I'm on the brink of heartburn, but not quite there. I also was extremely tired.

I am sticking to my liquids and don't plan on going off of them before my 3 days are up. I want this fill to work and give me good restriction, but not PBs.

Cindy, should you be getting a fill after a major PB? I worry about you. Do you know exactly what caused it? You may be too sore to get another fill. Just be careful.

Darrin - glad to know you are a travel agent. You can look over the locations of our group and help us decide a good place to meet. It should be somewhere we can all go, spend the night, and have something to do that would be fun and interesting.

I definitely got my Water in yesterday. I don't think I'll have much of a challenge the next few days being on liquids. ;)

I just read on another thread about a gal who eats tons and tons of popcorn each night, with butter. OMG, I'm just too scared for that. I bought some of those 100 calorie packs, popped one, and ate one kernel. I was so pertrified I gave it to the dog. I hope this fear stays with me. The bravest I've gotten is eating pretzels. You can chew them to absolute mush.

Have a great day everyone!

Morning All,

In reference to loosing alot then plataueing, I did the same thing, I lost 36 pounts from the time I started pre-op till i got my first fill, but the last 3 weeks b4 the fill I was stuck BIG TIME, then I went and got my fill, now I have NOT felt any restriction from that fill only 1cc put in, but that first week I guess being on liquids a couple of day or something kickstarted me and I lost 12lbs in ONE week. I called the doctor and asked what was going on, that's alot to loose in a week (not that i'm complaining) they told me the weight lose before the fill was great but when you loose that much you body has to go through a period of what they call compacting and adjusting to the change that is where the scale don't move but you will feel changes in clothes etc. Well that 12lbs lose was last week and this week I haven't lost anything!!!! I really need another fill, I am not restricted and as my past will show i can't continue on willpower for long. I am going to call today for an appt. I guess was upset me so much is I was 255 b4 surgery and when I stopped this week from losing I was at 207, I wanted soooo much to get down to ONEderland before I stopped again and I didn't. But I am trying so hard to stay positive, and look at the fact I have lost 48lbs total. But some great NSV's too, I went from a 44DD bra to a 42D, and from a 24 pants to a 16 now, I do love my band but I really need some restriction right now!!! Thanks for listening guys.

List of Junebies and location:

CathGR8 - Southern California

warmmorningsun - Baton Rouge, LA

chako_lady - Eugene, OR

Melissa Lea - Houston, TX

Barbara465 - Houston, TX

socalgal3 - Southern California

Poodles- Dallas TX area (Rockwall)

CindyCam - LaPlace, LA

rroswelltx - Royse City, TX

lucymann - Seattle, WA

PAB - Boston, MA

DScheidle - San Diego, CA

housecatgirl- Southern California

divanita2006 - Dallas, TX

suefwd - TN

IBLoser - San Diego, CA

Leila - Vancouver, BC Canada

This is our list so far of Junebies and their locations. We're going to decide on a place to meet for our first bandiversary, but need to know where everyone is in order to come up with some options. Either post here or pm me with your name and location if you're interested! WMS

Reginia,

That is remarkable weight loss. Try to average it and think of it that way. You are doing great. I lost 8 lbs in one week when I had that overfill and PB. Unfortunately it looks like I gained 4 of it back. I'm not beating myself up because I've been a pretty good bandster. My body is just going some things now and it will have to get with the program. It's early yet to tell, but I think I've got restriction. I don't know how long it will last or what will happen when I go back on solids, but I'm not hungry.

Just keep doing what is right and your body will catch up. I'm saying this for myself as well. I'm a little discouraged right now, but it will get better.

This Texas gal loves Vegas and looks for any excuse to go there! I'm all for that location. It could be a little warm in Vegas in June so we'll have to stay inside. ;) Isn't that a shame next to all those slot machines.

I'll be in Vegas this weekend :clap2: :clap2: .

Sedona, AZ is beautiful and there are also a lot of Beautiful places in New Mexico. I love the tropics. I wouldn't be opposed to a weekend trip to an all inclusive resort in Mexico or somewhere. Just my food for thought :hungry: .

Melissa Lea

Can we go someplace that has good golf courses? its my new obsession

On another note-

anyone else have this issue, I think I want food I get it smell it and then I don't want it anymore. There is nothing wrong with the food

I am also hording Protein Bars, and packets in my office at work in case I get hungry. I am becoming a little crazy over worrying about having the right food.

PAB, that was a funny post to read after just telling my cubicle mate my DH was sending too much food. He puts Water, juice, Jello, applesauce, packets of high Protein Drinks, etc. in my lunch. I have a cache of food to last me a lifetime!!!!

I crave food sometimes, but haven't actually bought anything to smell and not eat. In fact, I haven't really gone out to lunch but once and then I got Soup.

I love the date of your surgery and hope it has no meaning as to the success/failure of the band. Golf courses are good and there are plenty of great ones around. DH plays all the time. Not me.

List of Junebies and location:

CathGR8 - Southern California

warmmorningsun - Baton Rouge, LA

chako_lady - Eugene, OR

Melissa Lea - Houston, TX

Barbara465 - Houston, TX

socalgal3 - Southern California

Poodles- Dallas TX area (Rockwall)

CindyCam - LaPlace, LA

rroswelltx - Royse City, TX

lucymann - Seattle, WA

PAB - Boston, MA

DScheidle - San Diego, CA

housecatgirl- Southern California

divanita2006 - Dallas, TX

suefwd - TN

IBLoser - San Diego, CA

Leila - Vancouver, BC Canada

I've updated throughout the day; if you don't see your name, and you submitted a PM or a message, please let me know. I'll continue to add to the list 2-3 times a day through the end of the week.