Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

A get together would be cool. I'll go in for a Christmas present....

As for the goal thing. We could do it based on % of body weight. We all have a different start number, and some have already lost more than others, based on their start number. For example: Atkins says you should be albe to lose 5% of your body weight in the first 2 weeks. 5% of 300 is 15 lbs. So whomever loses the largest % of their weight wins.

Make sense? Just a suggestion.

Leila I'm glad you enjoyed the spa. I think I'll make my appointment. No, I didn't mean gas. Its like a hard knot, like a tennis ball, that extends from below my breasts to the port. Its almost like its the tubing. I've had it from the beginning, but I notice it more after I've eaten. It doesn't hurt. It is sometimes uncomfortable and now its beginning to freak me out. I just don't think it should be there. I can't think of any reason why it would be in that place.

Maybe we should just do a Christmas exchange. Everyone that wants to signs up and then we randomly match the participants. You then would send to your secret Junebie. That way everyone is a winner and I'm all for that. Let me know if this is a good idea and I'll take it on. Everyone would have to sign up by October so we could send out the gift in early December.

I am all for the christmas exchange. I can also do the $20 gift card to Walmart for the highest % of there weight. I think that both of them will be fun. No reason we cant do both of them. I am game for anything that is fun or a challenge.

I also think that a get together is a good idea. Would love to meet my supportive group of junbies !!!

Let me know where the party is and I'll be there!! I can't believe that Christmas is just around the corner.

Ok Junebies ...Melissa needs to vent a little. I have given myself a lot of pep talks but now need more support. I haven't lost an ounce in 10 days!!!!!!! I'm hoping that I'm gaining muscle since I'm walking more. But still, come on now. Give me an ounce. Although my appetite is fine and very well controlled I don't even fill like I have a band right now. I'm going for a second fill next week on Thrusday. I hope that will promote more weight loss. But on the briter note, I am noticing a difference in my clothes.

I did better with my Water today, but not up to 64 ounces yet. I'll get there. Don't give up on me yet!!!

I just love all of you. Your such great friends. Thanks for listening!!

Melissa Lea

Melissa Lea - don't get discouraged with the scale not moving, the fact that you notice a difference in how your clothes are fitting shows that you have definitely lost fat weight, and that's what counts. In fact, try to think of it as good news, if you are putting on muscle weight to replace fat weight, you'll still shrink, but as an added bonus muscle boosts your metabolism and makes your body burn calories like a hotter furnace burning more fuel. It's just a matter of time before it starts showing up on the scale too, I'm sure. Muscle weight is a good thing, a lb of muscle takes up a much smaller space than a lb of fluffy fat! But the scale will catch up. I think it's great your Water intake is still getting better, you'll be joining the growing number of junbies meeting their Water goals in no time!!!!

Barb - I did have one night, where I had drank a LOT of water all at one time, and I had quite bad bloating, where I noticed what you describe. I rub scar cream on my scars a few times a day, and that night when I went to put it on, I felt a hard swollen lumpy area on my left side not where my port is, not where my band is, and I panicked! It felt really weird and not right. I thought maybe it could be the tubing from the port to the band as well. I figured since it wasn't there before, and I was really distended from the bloat from water and gas, that I would wait till the morning, and if it was still there call my surgeons office. It was gone in the morning, and hasn't been back. Maybe it is your tubing? If you are worried about it pick up the phone and give your surgeons office a call, hopefully they can put your mind at ease.

XO

Leila

Melissa Lea i am at a stand still also. The scale has not moved in 2 weeks but my clothes are different too. The scale will all of a sudden just drop....i know it will so i try not to get discouraged. I was getting on the scale everyday but now i do it only once a week. If your eating right and exercising then you are doing all the right things and it will show on the scale..just hang in there....we can do this. scales are demons. :funscale:

Hey everyone! Lots to comment on :)

Leila - so glad you enjoyed your spa day! Isn't it nice? :target:

I think a Christmas challenge or gift exchange would really be fun. I think either would be great.

I wholeheartedly agree that we should all try to meet next June. We just have an awesome group here and it would really be a nice reward for a year of hard work.

I so far still haven't gotten all my Water in - but I"m trying and MAYBE might make it before the night is over.

Love you guys!

Melissa - We need to breakdown what you are eating to ensure you are getting in enough calories and the right ones. Track in fit day or sparks people or to us. You might not be eating enough calories. I also think you need to really, really, try to drink the Water. I think that definitely helps.

I go for a fill on Monday so I'll ask the PA what the lump is all about. My DH thinks its the stomach and the band. I don't know. Its embarassing not to know some stuff about your own body.

I think a secret pal Christmas gift would be great fun. We could get some ideas about who we draw from their posts and try to match the gift.

I'm also OK with doing a goal oriented reward. I think setting and meeting a realistic goal is in order. All those that meet their goal will have their name placed in the eligible pool. We can then send that person something or contribute to a gift card. I'm still worried about the % of weight lost as that may not be fair to those that have a lot or very little to lose, but I'm open to the majority.

I like the idea of setting a goal and meeting it or exceeding it. It has to be a realistic one and one that we must work toward. No goal of losing 5 lbs by Christmas sort of thing. :)

Give me your ideas and lets get this started. We also should find out where everyone is from so we can find a place that is convient to the majority to meet next June. That will be so awesome to see everyone after a year together on this journey. I'm getting excited!

Drink that Water and let's get this journey going!

Melissa: Ditto on the calorie intake. Carbs too--those darn mashed potatoes. Inches lost are more fun than weight on the scale--because you get more compliments! I've gotten some nice comments this week--water and exercise.

Count me in for everything. I live South of Houston, Texas--but I'll go anywhere!

Barb's idea of each of us setting our own goal may be best. Percentages are good, but --- I want to lose, but nothing more than 8 pounds a month--at 55 you have to watch out for wrinkles if you lose too quickly. It can get ugly. I'm not anxious for the Joan Rivers look. TT and boobs, arms--yes--but Lord, please let me keep the same face! My eyes and neck are already showing more wrinkles. I put on so much face cream this week I got a zit.

Regarding Water challenge--I think you should be able to "catch up" posting if you need to. Some days we just can't log on--but we still need the incentive (at least I do).

Hooray for Junebies! You are pure therapy for me. I don't feel like I'm doing this all by myself any more!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I didn't join the Water challenge last time cuz I'm usually really good about water, but out of curiosity, I measured today.

90 oz. water

72 oz. other liquids(Crystal Light and Decaf. iced tea w/Equal)

It's only 8pm here, I may drink more before bed.

I'm all for Christmas/holiday exchanges, June meetings, etc. I wanted to do the LBT cruise, but I'm not sure about work right now.

I had 1300 calories yesterday and 1100 today. I registered at Spark, but I haven't logged yet, cuz I'm lazy in this darn HEAT! "Only" 96 today...cooler than the 113 of last week. UGH!!

Well, I'm looking forward to a fill, which will be in a week or two. I haven't lost anything this week either. I think maybe I should join the Water challenge because that may make me more careful about getting enough.

Two people commented on my weight loss today. That's encouraging.

Just letting you guys know I am still here.:) I read this thread often but rarely post here. I got my first fill yesterday and I don't think I have restriction yet but we'll see.:rolleyes I cheated a little and ate some crackers and a hard boiled egg even though I am supposed to be on liquids only for a few days.:phanvan Anyway, I got my Lecithin yesterday, too.:biggrin1: I found an unflavored powdered version at Sprouts Market (Health food market). The brand is Health Alliance and it comes in a glass jar. I liked the label...ok I'm a 'victim of marketing'. It says it supports fat burning, liver function, memory, etc. There was no taste to it when I mixed it with my apple juice.:target:

This week has been full of personal surprises. My son and his wife have decided to get a divorce, so my 3 year old grandsons been on my mind.

They live in Texas, and I'm in Ca - so there's this helpless feeling.

I don't always get all the Water in, and it's a mystery - I sure had no problem drinking diet soda. I try ... but I don't get it all in.

Had to go to my regular Dr for an infection on my toe. The perscription I need is $379 a month, and I need to take it for 3 months - so I'm waiting to hear if the insurance will cover some of it. He also told me to go easy on my foot - now how does that fit in with my walking? UGH

Also had to start antibiotics - as my top incision suddenly got red, and was leaking... 5 days worth, 50bucks. After 5 weeks? seems odd.

It's been so hot, I haven't done as much walking this week, well - any my toe hurts in tennis shoes. I'm going to try and start swimming instead.

I won't look at the scale, it seems to stay at the same place now.

All that, and I'm still not fully able to eat without it coming back up.

I've been doing Protein and soft stuff... and for one crazy moment thought bulemics had the right idea - just toss it back. After a while, it's not so hard to do.

I want to challange myself to NOT eat anything past 8pm. That seems to be my hardest time, feeling hungry in a big way....

and - DO NOT BUY IT, then you won't try it.

Congrats to all of you that made your water challenge.

Count me in for a Christmas exchange.

The weekend already? it's going by fast.

WOW so much going on. Please, please don't eat solid foods right after a fill. Give your stomach a chance to adjust. It swells some and then it will go back down. Restriction can come up to 2 weeks after a fill so don't push it. Read my thread "Joined PB club revoke my membership" for my story and now others. You don't want what happened to me.

I like the challenge of not eating after 8. That is my bad time as well. I'm going to try that too. Last night I had some low fat ice cream at 8:45. I only had a few bites and gave it to the dog, but I did have those few bites.

I am really getting into the Water. I find the more I drink the thiristier I get. Go figure.

Sorry to hear about your children's divorce. Its hard on us parents and the grandchildren. I live in Texas so maybe I'll have to go kick #### :)

The hardest part is staying out of it. Hang in there Randi. Its out of your control.

Randi do you think the throwing up has anything to do with the scar getting infected? You are having a time of it. I don't think you should be having that much trouble with food. Maybe a call to the doctor is in order.

Its cooling down some in Texas, but humidity is still high. Good day to stay inside, but I'm going to do a little shopping and running errands.

Have a great day!

Hello everyone -

Just checking in - catching up on all the posts.....

Banded June 20th- Still no fill at this point.

After 2 weeks of back to back stomach flu (if that was what I had) I finally decided to call my dr and get his input. No food and no fluids in one's system will knock you on your ass pretty hard.

I did go see him on Tuesday and had to have another Barium Swallow/x-ray done to make sure the band was still in place. YES!!!! everything is ok. Now we need to keep me heathly - and hope the two weeks of YUCK are long behind me.

I am struggling to get H20 in my system (I have always been a good drinker). Each day is getting better.

Food is still a hit and miss at this point. I still have no appetite and do have to remind myself to eat throughout the day. I am pushing regular food but still tend to enjoy Soup and some of the softer foods.

The doctor was concerned about my weight loss (-40#s) but we are still blaming the flu that I had a few weeks ago -

My first fill is now scheduled for the end of August -

I hope all is doing well -

gotta go drink, drink, drink

Tracy