Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Way to go on the 2lbs

I am on my way to fill number three tomorrow, the second one was just a little fill. I was going on a trip and did not want to need an unfill away from home.

Hopefully I will be hitting the sweet spot soon!!

Hang in there

PAB

PAB --I've only had one fill (1.1 cc). I don't think I'm at my sweet spot. But I do think I needed to re-evaluate some of the calories I was taking in. I will see how this week goes before I schedule another fill. I too will be going out of town in 2 weeks and do not want a fill directly prior to my trip.

Melissa Lea

Ok guys/gals............

I swear I am trying to be so good and solid food is proving to be a real challenge. Today I had a yoghurt for Breakfast, a smoothie with Protein Powder for lunch and I tried to have a Lean Cuisine for dinner and it came back up. I only ate part of it and chewed and chewed. I didn't drink with the meal. I don't understand why I can't eat solid food! My scale hasn't moved in several days and I'm sure it is because I can't get calories in. Just go back to liquids? I'm afraid to try solids because I bought different foods to try and none of them are working out. I'm doomed to Soup and jello.................

The promise was 2 pounds a week? Here we are, having trouble eating things that are good for us... having to add so many new behaviors, and being mindful of every bite. I ate Beans yesterday, they wouldn't go down today. The drinking all my meals isn't the worst thing in the world, but it also has made me tired. I just want to lay down. The heat isn't helping... altho, it doesn't make drinking Water any easier.

I've GOT to print up a TO DO chart or something, to make sure I get everything all in.

My fill has dissapeared, gone, blammo, nada restriction, nothing. I guess I'm scheduling a second fill. How do I know I don't have restriction.. ask the bag of cherries that just dissapeared, you can't eat 30 cherries after a cup of Tabouli salad if you have restriction. pthhh :)

Calling tommorow to make the appointment. and get poked again.

Oh well, waters going good anyways. I'm still managing to keep the calories under control, but it's still mostly all willpower, and by eating large volumes of really low cal foods and lots of Water to fill me up, and I know from experience, that my willpower will run out! I want restriction before I lose control.

Randi - it's a bit frustrating isn't it! I read your post and I think, hmmm, Beans went down fine with you yesterday, but not today, what if I wake up the day after I schedule my fill with restriction again?

socalgal3 - It sounds like you are overfilled, maybe call and talk to your surgeon and see what he thinks? You need to be able to eat solids. I hope it resolves itself!

What to do, what to do!?

XO

Leila

Btw, a friend of mine was talking last night, and said "I need to find the sweet spot" and I started to laugh. I hadn't told him about my band, so he had no idea what was so funny to me.

The first time I heard those words in a support meeting - I asked if they were talking about donuts. For all I knew - it could have been anything.

I have scheduled my second fill with Dr. Maese on August 2nd. I sure hope he is aggressive. This silly .6 cc's is not doing the trick. I am in the same boat with Leila, and my hubby is getting a little frustrated with me.

Told him it will be better with a proper fill. Then I will start losing more.

I went to Catherines yesterday and bought $450 worth of school clothes... but they were 80% off. :jaw: I would have never been able to do that if they were full price. So glad I found that sale.

Woke up sick this morning. Actually had to take a phenagren, but it did not help. I heaved up stomach acid first thing... cried and cried, because I was worried about my band, but things have been going down ok, so I guess everything is ok. Have been taking it easy since.

My hubby seems to think I got sick from the paint fumes yesterday. I think Mother Nature is about to visit. Either way, the phenagrin helped... and knocked me out for a few hours of much needed rest.

Don't think I get a smiley face today. :) I only had 2 bottles of Water, 40 ounces, and about 12 ounces of v8 juice. Did not drink alot, since I was out of it much of the day. Oh well, tomorrow is another day....

Melissa Lea - you said something about a pound of fat and a pound of muscle being still a pound. (O.K. I'm not trying to misquote you) I think what you need to realize is that a pound of muscle is SMALLER mass wise that a pound of fat. So, you can lose inches off your body and still weigh the same. As you get fit, it can be frustrating to not see the scale move, but you might notice that clothes get baggy and you feel better.

Anyway that is how it has been explained to me. :)

Terry :jaw:

I was supposed to wait 6-weeks for my first fill but I am going at 4-weeks....this Thursday. I have absolutely no restriction at all.

Congrats to all who are working on H20 challenge. My Water consumption is way up.

I bought some B complex sublingual liquid (at Walmart--less than 6 bucks for 59 doses). I think it's helped my energy level.

Note to self: Get the water in earlier in the day--I met myself coming and going to the bathroom last night!

We are definitely going thru "it" adjusting to fills/no fills, etc. Some days we're tight--some days not. Some days weird pain. Seems like stress (good and bad) cause me to tighten. The only thing that helps is to lay down away from everyone until the pain passes.

Have a good day. Maybe our next challenge should be a "nap" a day challenge.:notagree

Pinkylee - I'm so glad you mentioned the b complex sublingual from Walmart. I take b-12 sublingual strips, but they are a little pricey and I'm almost out. I'll be heading to walmart today to see if my local one carries the liquid that you bought. I've found supplementing has definitely been helping my energy level. Especially the b Vitamins.< /p>

I made it! I drank all my Water yesterday. WOW I can't believe it. It did help with the hunger as well. Let's see how well I do today. I'm off to a slow start. I think I will call for a fill for next week if everything continues to go well with solid food. I am able to eat more than I should, but I'm doing Portion Control. I still find that I want something, anything, after about 1 hour after dinner. Last night I had two oreo Cookies. It took me almost 20 minutes to eat them and I was quite satisfied. I shouldn't have had them, but I was craving something sweet.

Hope everyone else does better today. I'm worried if you can't eat solid food. The band needs to work with restriction and solid food. I wonder if the band was too tight and losing a few pounds will make it better? If you're sure they didn't fill you at surgery that is the only explanation I can think of.

Today is a new day.

barb - congratulations on the water!

I just called my surgeon, and they can get me in this afternoon for another fill. I'm so glad. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

XO

Leila