Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Pinky --

I hope that everyone finds us too. I wished they would have posted on our forum a week or 2 before to let us know that they were moving us. Eventually, we will be found.

I jogged 3 miles this morning. I am actually surprised because I have not been able to exercise this week at all. I have been working long hours and getting home really late every night. I have not lost any weight this week but I sure can tell that I have lost inches. As long as I am seeing progress, I am happy.

I hope that everyone is doing great and staying warm. I am such a whimp when it comes to cold weather. It was sleeting and snowing yesterday. It would have been lovely "lazy" weather but I was out working in it most of the day.

Hope to hear from you all soon.

Melissa Lea

Still having some issues. I think its heartburn. I can't wait to go back to that doctor and see if he can do something for me. I'm going to cancel the fill as that is the last thing I need now. Not sure why its so much worse now. We are trying little meals and see if that does better. I haven't gotten on the scales. I don't think I will for a while.

I haven't started back exercising. I still pay Curves so its my loss. I keep thinking I will start again. I just need to get my head screwed on straight.

Hang in there everyone. There are some bumps in the road, but we'll get through.

Ok girls, I still haven't got it. Scared to death at this point. I literally ended up in the hospital with chest pains, not a heart attack, but a scare none the less. (My heart is skipping beats and stressed causing the pains.)

I am up tighter than ever in my band. I have figured out my restriction changes daily, but need to know how much is just right to eat.

If I decided to eat out of a kids size tupperware bowl (Includes one 6-oz. section and two 2 ¼-oz. sections) would that be too much? Or just right? A start?

My next fill is 2/25 but I have to do something now.

I am so trying to make this stupid thing work. I refuse to have the bypass... I just refuse. They said they are going to treat me as a new patient since my band slipped back into place, so now I have to figure out what to do... again.

The only good news is that the band does not hurt me anymore with the fills. I have a hard stop the first bite, but if I take a small bite then wait a few minutes, I can eat my meal. The only problem is, sometimes I can eat a MEAL.

Guess what I am looking for is: Poodles you stupid twit, get the tupperware bowl, eat 6 oz Protein, then 2 oz fruit, 2 oz veg and see how that works. (or 2 oz protein... whatever I need to do...)

But for the life of me, I think that may be too much to lose weight.

What do you think? (Sorry to be in panic mode, but the ER visit was an eye opener.)

Poodles - Sorry you had the scare!

Here's what my surgeon's plan was.

6 ounces of food at lunch and dinner(3 ounces of lean meat is that deck of card size weight watcher's preaches about) Eaten slowly. In my losing days, I weighed my food. $1 side salad and $1 chicken nuggets is about right.

Don't drink liquids 30 minutes before and one hour after each meal. Food will stay with you longer.

liquid Breakfast - lo carb pre-mixed hi Protein Drink, EAS or locarb slimfast - those you measure and mix yourself can cause blockage, especially early in the day.

Absolutely no sugar (hah!). Avoid liquid calories (except breakfast). No chips, Cookies or ice cream. Once a week have a treat.

64 (plus) ounces of Water per day. One crushed Multi-Vitamin. I added Biotin for Hair loss and sublinqual liquid Vitamin B. I ate a carmel viactiv Calcium and multi (40 calories total) as my late night snack with hot tea.

The best exercise to lose quickly is a brisk walk 60 minutes per day - break it up if you need to.

He says "no snacks", but I lost better with 2 - 3 healthy Snacks between the small meals. An easy snack is a hi-protein bar (Southbeach makes a good one), Eat it slow, they can get stuck easily.

Try to make hunger your friend. Some people don't have hunger sensations once banded, but I sure had them!

Said all that to say -

No more than 6 ounces of food 3 times a day. 2 healthy snacks if needed.

Chew each bite 20 times

Don't drink with your meals or within one hour after a meal

Walk

Drink water

No sugar

Limit liquid calories

Take Vitamins

I need to start over too Poodles. I quit exercising and gained 8 pounds. The result has been I look like I've gained 15. So many of my new clothes simply don't fit any more. I know my problem pales in comparison to your struggles, but if I can't conquer this battle, it's only a matter of time before I look exactly as I did on June 9, 2006.

Poodles- I think that dish may hold too much food. That is 10 oz. and you should probably be around 4-8 oz. per meal. You could still use it as a visual reminder of Portion Control. That portion varies by day and type of food for me, but that is an average. For example. I buy Smart Ones and Lean Cuisines for lunch alot and I couldn't finish a 10oz. Smart Ones last week. Definitely eat the Protein first. I agree with Pinky on everything else. I think you also may want to address the emotional aspect of this. Have you had any counseling to talk about your frustration and disappointment? It might be helpful. Or you can try hypnosis like I did. That was very instrumental in helping me conquer head hunger and stress eating and encouraging the belief that I could be successful and maintain success. We are all hoping that you make progress with your band. Keep us posted.

I am going walking today with a friend since I am off work for MLK Jr. I need to work off the extra calories I ate at the Chargers party I went to yesterday! Poor Chargers :lol:

Have a good week all!

First of all, I didn't walk Monday because it was raining and I am a CA weather wimp! I have been very bad about exercising! I detest cold and it has been pretty chilly here. It was 38 as I drove to work this morning! The high yesterday was 62. I know that is warm for some, but it's darn cold for SoCal! And I am freeeeeezing all the time anyway without my protective layer of FAT! My cousin wants to go to a movie about a marathon this week to motivate me to get running and I SOOOOO don't want to go.

Anyway.....Barb-I can't really recommend hypnosis CDs because I went to the hypnotherapist's office and she made personalized CDs for me. I had some in the past by "Dietless", but I don't recall them being as effective. Sorry!

I've got a bad bug. According to a teacher friend it lasts 3 -4 days. Drat!!! Our anniversary was Thursday and we had a great evening - saw Jersey Boys and it was fantastic. So glad the crud held out until this a.m. I'm anxious to feel better and get back on track!

Hey Everyone! Just dropping by to see how everyone is doing. As usual, life on the highway has been crazy, busy for me. I have meetings this week so I will be flying out tomorrow for the week.

Socalgal --I too am such a whimp when it comes to cold weather. I am having a hard time as well. I am freezing all the time too.

Pinky --sorry to hear about your bug. That really sucks but so glad it happened after your anniversary.

I went and tried on some new clothes yesterdsay. I decided not to buy anything. I am in a 14P pant and mostly 16 tops. Some 18 tops becuse my breast are so large. I haven't lost any of that. I am happy that I have lost inches. But now I am ready to see the numbers on the scales go down a little more. I think the scale is more mental for me than anything else.

I hope that everyone else is doing alright. Drop us a line when you can.

Still having issues with band. Some of the time I get blocked, but other times I think its acid reflux. Doctor is trying a new med on me so I'll see how that does. Next week is the colonoscopy. After that I'll reassess the fill and the issues to see if I want just a little more. However, I have to learn to live with what I've got first. I definitely can eat soft foods and get around the band.

I haven't lost any weight, but I haven't gained. That is something since I was gaining after the unfill. Now is the time to get everything in working order and start losing again.

Hope all is well. Let's hear from some of you we haven't heard from in a while.

Lost a little with this bug which is still hangin' around, but manageable. I'll be ready to get back to exercise in a few days.

6th Annual Seattle Bandster Bash and Splash

You all may already have heard about this, but I thought I'd post the link in case you hadn't. I'm holding steady at 150. I still get comments on my weight loss everyday. Still waiting for the day it isn't a topic of conversation. Feel better soon Pinky! Keep us posted on your progress Barb465.

Dallas/Fort Worth Junebies - Are you guys ok after the big fire? Please check in when you can.

Still down (big time) with the bug. Guess that flu shot didn't work after all.

Biggest Loser Fans - are you amazed at those who cut calories too far and lost nothing (or worse yet gain?). Why do I come up with so many excuses for neglecting to journal? The contestents who do well seem to be able to hold their emotions in check. Another toughy!

I didn't hear about a big fire. I hope all my TX buddies are ok!

I always cry when I watch Biggest Loser!

Today is my re-bandiversary! This is the day I had my slip repaired last year. That was such a difficult time, but it is good to remember that I could have lost my band, so I need to be good to it. I don't ever want to be without it. I know I couldn't do it on my own. Happy Wednesday Junebies!!