Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Thanks everybody for the well wishez! and good luck Jlynn on your fill! I am nw at 2.0 cc in a 4cc band. i have been at 1.5 since august. maybe i'll see a difference. doc says i'm doing great, sure doesn't FEEL like it, but I kept those thoughts to myself, hehe!

i am curious~who all is a wimp and gets numbed when filled? count me in!! actually wasn't too bad today. no need to get the nerves all worked up like i did!

Las Vegas sounds like a blast, wish I could join. we are trying to save $$ for a family cruise next year, can't justify a Las Vegas trip! Sure you all will have a great time!

Melissa- what kind of training are you doing out there in LA? My bestie from high school has lived there for the past 15 years and loves it. sure beats the texas heat any day!

Hi all! Sorry its been a while since I posted! Since I had my refill on March 15th ( my second fill) it been been slow going. I also was upped on my Bipolar meidcation on the same day so it was like a double whammy for me!

My Nurse ANP had me on the liquid, mushie and very slowly sloid diet but I stayed on them a little longer than usual since with the new medication adjustment I not up to eating anyway.

The progress was great---- I have lost the weight I gained with my unfill and then some!

Iam now down to 225 from my highest of 290 making that a 65 pound weight loss!

Also for my 5 year Wedding Anniversary which was last weekend my hubby took me shopping and told me to buy some clothes since everything is to big on me !

So, I was so excited to find out Iam in a size 20 now and I bought capri chino's in Avenue in a few different colors and few tee shirts.

I also have light brown hair and very fair skin for an Italian and my hair is down to the middle of my back . So I dyed it Color Silk medium Alburn and now I can say Iam sort of a red head!

I have cheek bones now and well I feel and look great!

I have also been going to the gym more to use the treadmill since it helps my Bipolar and depression( I love walking on it and listening to music and zoning out) and I learned to use a new circuit system that they have here that is like Curves that you do in 30 minutes, but its for both men and woman. My gym is called Planet Fitness- The Judgment Free Zone.

I like this system it has 10 machines and you do 10 minutes on each and there is a green light for you to go and red for you to stop like a traffic light. You can use bring your own music headphones or ipod but they do have music playing at the gym.

I was going everyday until Tuesday late afternoon ...

My son wanted to take his bike out to ride out of our manual garage and I went to go close it and I could not grab the catch to pull it down and got my right hand stuck in the garage!

I fractured my middle and ring fingers, and have to wear a slint on them both and Iam right handed so I am typing with like the one good finger on my right hand that is not brused and prurple!-lol

My son has off next week for the Easter Holiday and then goes back to School April 10th!

I hope to make my Easter goal of the 70 pounds and lose another 5 that would be great , but if not Iam greatful for how far I have come!

Reading all of the post -WOW! WE ROCK LADIES--! LOOK HOW MUCH WE HAVE LOST !

Lisa

I don't get numbed. I have no problem with needles. Good news! I was 189 this morning and I stayed on the liquids yesterday. Then, my car wouldn't start this morning, so I had to walk to work!(No worries-I live a little over a mile from my work). So, nothing like a forced workout! ha! Thank goodness for great California weather to walk in and my new healthier body that allows me to walk to work carrying my laptop and all. I am off work for the next 2 weeks, so I can't wait for tomorrow. I'll be exercising alot on my time off(well, that's the plan!)

Glad the fills are going nicely. Don't you just love that forced exercise! I'm doing well. Didn't go to curves tonight, but will go tomorrow. I worked later at the office so just now looking at my home email and on here.

Isn't it funny how our thoughts are turning to Plastic surgery? I never thought of it before much, but starting my plan. I've been looking at some threads of other's journeys. I don't think I'll have all that other stuff done because I need to work a few more years and don't see taking the time off. However, I do think the arms are a definite go. I think I can get that done in a mini vacation and be back at work. I'll wait until 2008, but its on my plan.

Junebies are on a roll!

Lisa, sorry to hear about the accident. Heal quickly. Congrats on the new look.

I SAW A NEW NUMBER THIS MORNING AT 5;30 A.M. or you would have heard me shout. It's been almost 3 months. OK, it's officially only l/2 pound down, but it's mine.

I taped a picture of a thin model to my sugar box and it's helping. Haven't had any sugar besides the 2 cups of coffee in the morning since.

I'm ready mentally for PS. Financial and weight have a ways to go.

I'm hoping for tummy and arms. Sadly, legs will need help for varicose viens. I'm not crazy about going under the knife again, so we'll see. Costa Rica sounds great Socalgal. Do you have an idea on prices in CR?

I totally cannot afford PS right now. I honestly don't think I'll be getting any either. I was just joshing. I do hate my arms, but it hasn't even been a year and I haven't exercised them much. I have no idea how much it costs there, but I guess we can research it. I loved CR though, so if you go, I would love to go back, but I promised my nephew I would take him to Japan for his high school graduation next June and it is REALLY expensive there, so I gotta pinch pennies.

I read on the web that the average cost for an arm lift in the USA is $5000 and the average cost in Costa Rica is $2000. Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........

Also, there is no drain involved, just arm support garments. Recovery is about 2weeks-no heavy lifting, etc.

I'm still at 189. But I am wearing the jeans Regina sent me! They didn't fit when she first sent them, but they do now! Then I was jonesing for some chocolate(AuntFlo's in town), so I went to the vending machine. I didn't need to because there was a box of See's in the lounge(AHHHH! Angels singing...) Of course one got kinda stuck, so I learned my lesson. No PB. Back to my office sipping water..............

That's a lot of dough to get rid of some. If I don't hold my arms up, they don't look so bad. The tummy is altogether another story. From the front, I look "normal". That side view is another story. I'll get back to you on CR when the time is right.

I bought a smaller size jeans yesterday. A bit tight, but incentive to stay with the walking and away from the sugar.

Have a great weekend everybody!

Congrats Julie!

After my fill on Wed, I ate solid foods for the first time today at lunch, some re-fried Beans and guacamolie from Taco Cabana....made me slime after some 20 minutes. After i settled down, i was able to eat a few more bites of beans with no problem. I am beginning to think I just can't eat anything that A.) comes from a restaurant and B.) before 5:00pm! dinner was fine, beef from chineese lo mein noodles , chewed to MUSH... Had about 5 or 6 bites. I was down 5 lbs yesterday morning, but back up 3 this morning. I don't think I will EVER get past this stage. JUST 10 lbs to ONDERLAND and I have been here since the end of Jan. :) Let's just hope this stage passes, and SOON.

Have a great weekend, everyone!!

Mommatrammell:

I have the same problem at restaurants. I think it may be "first bite syndrome". The theory is that the first bite has to work to open up mucous buildup and when it doesn't go down, we tighten and cause more sliming. At home I rarely sit down to a meal that I haven't had a few small "tastes" - and maybe cleared the mucous b4 sitting down.

It's amazing to me how far I've strayed from the original "rules". I'm attacking these bad habits and getting back to basics

If I'm not hungry, if I think about my next meal, I'll get hungry. I've got a case of the head hungers that is almost comical. If I'm busy doing something I like (shopping, etc), I'm not likely to "need" a nibble. I think I can actually mentally make my tummy growl!

I suffer big time from head hunger. I think I need something to eat when I know I'm full. I've been eating animal crackers as a snack. bad, bad, bad.

Went to curves on way home last night so still doing good there. I get 3-4 workouts in a week. I'm back down to the lowest weight when having problems with a fill, so I'll take it. Now let's see if I can lose some more.

Getting a new haircut today. Hope I like it. :)

Pinkylee-

Interesting theory,and your right about the tasting before eating!

Hmmm, something new to think about.

Fortunatley, head hunger hasn't been much of a problem for me latley. If anything, I think maybe I am not eating enough to loose... That is such a strange thing to me!

I am off to the gym. Maybe that's what I have been needing.

Head Hunger - I can't always have "fun" things to do, so I count calories. I don't count veggie calories. I try to stay under 1200. Momma - I have rarely had days where getting in enough calories was a problem.

yesterday I felt so "in control". Hunger seemed to be my friend. Today is rainy and I'm trying to give up coffee because I hate sugar substitutes in coffee. DRAAAAT! I think I'll try some coffee with a bit of 0 calorie irish creme Syrup and see if I can tolerate it better.

DD has a connection to a fitness gurue who says "no carb calories" after 3:00 p.m.

It's those "small bites" that get me too Barbara. If you knew how many calories are in each animal cracker, you could probably enjoy them and control the snack somewhat.

Today I am mega hungry and seem to be open. Good thing DD and I are going to a play today. Hope they don't sell wine!