Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Barbara:

There is a yoga position. It looks kinda like a crab.

Bend over from the waist. Touch your fingertips to the floor as far out as you can. The lodged piece should come right out. Good luck

Barbara I hope you are ok. I don't have any magic answer. When I get the golf ball feeling I need to stay on my feet ..........staying as straight as I can. I might do a quick bend over or lifting my arms over my head for a few seconds. Usually it works itself out pretty quickly. I've never had anything last any amount of time.

Let us know that everything is ok.

I tried every trick I knew, but I just kept getting worse. Finally, I started Pbing and sliming. I went to bed completely exhausted and with chills. This morning I feel better, but not sure where I am in restriction. I am sipping coffee and for the most part doing OK. I get a little twinge of a golfball now and then. Guess its liquids for me. Damn its a holiday weekend and I've been so good. Times like this I hate the band.

On a positive note, I lost 1 1/2 lbs. I'm sure that will come back once I'm able to eat again. :rolleyes:

Have a great weekend everyone!

Barbara take it easy or you could really ruin a holiday weekend. What's your opinion? Do you think we will continue to have these episodes as long as we have the band? Or do you think it will level off? I really thought we'd be in a routine by now, knowing what we could handle and what we couldn't.

I have absolutely no regrets getting this done but it sure is different than I expected.

Hi Junebies

I was banded on June 19th. I've had one fill, am due for my next one. I have lost about 27lbs. But that was all before my first fill! I have a 10cc band, with 3.75cc. At my fill my Dr tried 4.25cc, but I thought it was too tight (I think that was a mistake!). I rarely even feel like I have a band. Except for trouble swallowing sometimes, what is that all about?? I suppose I am not as hungry, but I think I can still eat way too much. I have not had any trouble yet (PB or sliming, etc..). But I have one issue which is beginning to freak me out! This may be TMI, but I have awfully loose BMs. I guess I'd say diarreah. But it's not like I have to run to the bathroom all the time, just at my morning 'time', LOL! Sorry! What is my problem? Of course I will ask my Dr at my fill on Tuesday, but any opinions??

I sure hope to begin losing again after Tuesday, this is a bit disappointing...

Thanks for any replies!

Hi Jen,

Has this been different since surgery or since your fill or just recently? Have you changed the foods you are eating? One of the first foods I ate after surgery was soft boiled eggs and they messed me up big time. I have since been able to eat eggs with no problem.

I ate some Dairy Queen last weekend and it sent me to the bathroom for a few hours.

Your description doesn't sound like it's related to a particular food. As long as you're not having discomfort I think it's better than the other problem that some of us have had and that's Constipation.< /p>

Let us know what your doctor says. I hope your next fill brings you some success. I know how frustrating it is to look at the same number on the scale day after day. Just remember, it's not going up and that's a good thing. It will happen. Apparently it's going to take some time to get ourselves on the right track.

Good luck and happy holiday.

Hey Guys!

I am a lurking July bandster. I have been frustrated this past week as I feel like I am gaining weight. I feel bloated and the scale is not saying kind things to me. So I thougth I would see how you guys were doing since your progress shoudl be a few weeks ahead of me.

I just had a smoothie, finshed half and feel full. But I am the only one awake in the house and can really pay attention to how I feel. Last night I ate about 8 toasted raviloi's for dinner, a lot more than I expected I could eat, but I was talking and was at a restaurant.

I guess what I am asking is if you find you eat more if you are not paying attention to what you are eating?

I think we must pay attention at all times. Not just what we are eating, but how we are eating. This whole episode I'm having is a result of momentarily forgetting and swallowing too large a piece. At least it was the right foods. If your not losing you first need to look at what you are eating. I'm sure you will find that toasted raviloi's are not on the list - no matter how few or how many. Just as I don't think animal crakers are on mine. We need to stop bringing in or eating foods that don't fit the plan.

I think that PBs, golfballs, distress, etc. will be a part of band life. I hate it, but I think it happens. I was being so careful and wham. I don't think I'll soon forget. Unfortuantely for me the saga continues. I have been able to get 1/2 cup of coffee and about 4 tablespoons of Soup down. Water is painful, but I'm trying. Nothing is coming back up. Suffering from belching and hiccups. I don't know if I have something blocked or just irritated. This whole situation is frustrating.

Had a facial last night and my face is very red. I have roscea and was having problems. Now going to get my hair highlighted. With the way my luck is going it will probably fall out. ;)

Hope your day is better than mine.

Barbara - Thanks for your message. I am sorry you are having a hard time. Do you think something is still stuck?

I know that t-ravs were a bad choice but I had a moment of weakness ok, really 2 days of weakness! I do have a major problem getting in protien as I do not like much meat besides hamburgers, or almost anything that uses processed chicken or beef, oh and really healthy gyro meat!

I did run to Trader Joes and got more fake chicken so I am hoping that will help.

BGP - here are some of my quick Protein fixes, maybe one or two will work for you.

- turkey pepperoni sticks - about 50 cals a stick.

- canned tuna and salmon in the mini cans preprepared with sauce or different flavours in the can - depending on brand and flavour - 100 - 160 cals a can.

- fat free artificial crab sticks - can't recall cal count.

- 1% cottage cheese

- mozza string cheese, and other lower milk fat percentage cheeses.

- fat free, sugar free, yogurt smoothies/drinks from the grocery store, I like dannon silhouette brand best.

- ISOWhey breezer brand Protein Powder in tropical or iced tea flavours, mixes clear and thin in Water or crystal light.

If you don't like plain cottage cheese try blending it till it's smooth half and half with low fat or fat free plain or flavoured yogurt and adding splenda or stevia to sweeten it more and a little vanilla extract and freezing it for a high protein low cal ice cream. You can also add cocoa powder for chocolate flavour.

Get that protein in! I try to focus on what to eat rather than what not to eat and find that works better for me over all.

Well, this is my first time ever being on a message board, but I need help. I was banded on June 23, 2006 and the past two months have been the worst of my life. It appears that there may be a leak in my band -- when I went for my 2nd fill last Thursday, there was nothing in the band despite the surgeon having put 2cc's in on July 28. Talk about frustration!!

I did feel a bit of restriction for 3 days following the first fill and nothing for the next four weeks. I'm 10 weeks out from surgery and I've only lost 14lbs. I don't eat between meals (I think it's amazing how my cravings have subsided), I don't drink sodas or any carbonated beverages, no ice cream, no milkshakes -- I'm pretty much by the book, although I do give in to potato chip cravings every now and then... :-)

My doctor says that the port may have to be replaced. I dred the idea of having surgery ever again!! I'm seeking a second opinion... Has anyone else had a similar experience? I pray everyday that things will get better, but they seem to be worsening...

Welcome to the June group Allyn - I'm sorry to hear about your struggles with your band - Is there any way they just could have missed the port the first time and the fill never got in at all? I hope it's not serious. I think 14lbs since June 23 is a great loss and you should be proud! It doesn't sound all bad, you are losing and you have noticed changes with your hunger and eating. I was banded June 14, I lost 29 lbs since surgery. About 2.5lbs a week, you're losing about 1.5 a week. They say most people lose between 1 and 2 a week. I would honestly like to be losing a little slower, about 2 a week, I think it is healthier and easier on your body. I think you should be proud! and keep up the good work!!!!

XO

Leila

Did they do the last fill with fluro? Many say the 1st fill just disappears. That's not unusual. I would want them to do something under fluro and see where you are at. It is not unheard of to have to replace the port or the tubing. I think they can go in the same scars and do the repair. Not something you want to go through I know.

My saga continues. I can't keep much down. A few sips and then pain. I'm doing the PBs and sliming. Nothing much coming up. I don't think I'm stuck, just in this cycle or something. I don't know how you get out of it. I've kept to liquids, but that's not doing it. I'm not going to have anything the rest of the night and see what tomorrow brings. I had a bad case of the hiccups and then a PB. The body is a strange thing.

At least my face is not as red from the facial and my hair color came out nice. My hair is shorter than I like, but at least the new hairdresser shaped the mistakes of the former one. Life goes on .....

Barbara--

Hope you're better! I pb'd on first bite Friday out with DH. Same problem today at lunch. Wonder if we're drinking so much cold Water before meals that it's causing some type of restriction or mucous buildup?

I usually try to gulp a cold water bottle before I sit down to eat. This evening I didn't drink anything prior--and no problems whatsoever. I had no problems on saturday either and I did not drink before eating.

Maybe waiting to eat 5 minutes after drinking is a good thing?

Let us hear from you.

BGP--

How'd you get that user name? I have to admit, I used your name in a sort of joke with my daughter--was changing at her house and forgot clean panties--asked her for some "big girl panties" and she thought that was funny. My DH promised me a lot of money for a new wardrobe as long as I "threw out the frumpy clothes" and used a little of the money for some Nonfrumpy lingere.

I would like to turn over a new leaf. I have a good calorie day and then two bad ones. Think I'll plan some menus for this week and see what that does for me. My 'Ooops" come from getting home late and rushing to make dinner.< /span>