Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Ok, I'm starting to get a bit nervous...I'm flying down to Tijuana Tuesday morning for a 10:30 am fill. Since I have been able to eat whatever and however much I have wanted for weeks now I am trying to cut way back and prepare for my first "real" restriction. I'm still concerned about the lack of Protein on Tuesday since I can't take my Protein Drinks with me...but I am going to take some powder drink and hope I can mix up a shake in the airport. Wish me luck and hopefully I will finally see the scale going down instead of staying at the same place!!!

Good Luck to you Janelle! Remember to chew well when you return to solids. It will feel good to move off your plateau.

Janelle:

Good luck. Be careful with powdered Protein mixes. My doc has seen bands become clogged due to improper mixing of powdered protein. I love my new restriction. I'm still hungery at times--probably "head or Heart hunger". Seem to be eating less and enjoying it more. However--my body seems to be losing inches and not pounds right now. Go figure. Part of the process that makes us each a unique loser. All the best on your new adventure!

Glad to get back online. I guess the site has been down for a couple of days. I am doing pretty good with my fill, but still think I can eat too much. I am trying to stay on program, but it difficult. I had 2 eggs, hash browns, and 1 strip of bacon for Breakfast. That was at 10 when we went out with friends. I was able to eat all that, but stayed full most of the day. I have drank 4 bottles of Water. We'll be eating dinner soon. The total for the day isn't bad, its just too much at one meal.

I went shopping in my closet yesterday. I was able to wear a few things I haven't been able to wear in 2 years. Everyone at the luncheon noticed so I finally told them. I just hadn't let anyone know what I did. It was a nice acceptance and no judgements. I wanted to get over the first part before others knew. I also went shopping at the store, but I'm just in between sizes. I decided to wait a little while and try again. Its too early in Houston to wear fall clothes. It's still too hot.

Hope you do well with your fill Janelle. Most doctors say have liquids the day of the fill. I wouldn't worry about getting all your Protein in on the day you fly. Just try to stay hydrated. Some people swell after a fill and you might experience that on your return flight. I think you were going and coming in the same day so be extra careful.

Hope everyone is doing well and had a great weekend. They are always too short.

Janelle, I am sure that your fill will go just fine. Give us the update when you return.

Barbara --I completely understand about shopping in your own closet. I too have been able to get into some clothes that I haven't been able to wear in awhile. I did go out shopping this weekend but didn't buy much. I bought a couple of clearance items that can take me through early fall. The top half of me is still in woman's sizes and the bottom half of me is in regular sizes --go figure!! So shopping wans't very fun. I too am going to wait some time before buying clothes.

Melissa Lea

Ok had my 2nd fill on Thursday. My doc only requires 24 of liquids and then mushies for 24. So Sunday we went to breakfast with friends and I had some scrambled eggs. OMG I took ONE 1 bite and I got this golf ball feeling in my throat. What an awful awful feeling. It just kinda got stuck there for about 20 minutes. Now I know this is not the FULL feeling we are all expecting, but it was enough to turn me off to eating...LOL Have the rest of you experienced this? So far restriction is good.

Kim,

Been there done that!!!! It is an awful feeling, and I have expierenced it several times. Actuall last night I was eating some salad in which I have ate several times before and I got that golf ball. I got up from the table and went for a walk, I thought it was going to come back up, then I decided to do something. I bent over and grabbed my ankles (nsv for being able to do that) in hopes it would make it come up, instead it didn't and when I stood up it was GONE. I was like that's cool. so I may have to triy that again next time. It turns me off of eating for awhile too. Scramble eggs are something I used to eat alot of before my second fill now I cannot eat them at all, to dry or fluffy or something. Good Luck!!!!

WOW seems like we all are experiencing things from clothes to golf balls. :) I get them sometimes, but it can go either way. The first time was after my first fill and then a PB. Definitely no fun. Once or twice after that it was just eating too fast or drinking too much Water at a time. I throw my arms up in the air and this seems to work. I am able to eat scrambled eggs just fine. Of course, I put lots of chili con queso on them!

I'm just not sure about this fill. I think I actually could have more. I'm going to go another week before I do anything. Leaving town on 9/27 so don't want to be away and get into trouble. I could get a fill the week of the 11th and still have time to react if I need to. I think my problem is I don't know the difference between hungry and head hungry.

Hope everyone is doing OK. Looks like quite a few are losing weight and at the right rate. Its a slow process, but we all are making progress.

Oh where oh where have my Junebies gone. Oh where oh where can they be?

Today was my weigh-in day. I lost almost 3 lbs from my fill last Wednesday. :clap2: As long as I'm losing I'm happy.

Hope everyone is busy having fun!

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I bought new pants over the weekend! I'm so excited that I was able to get a size 22 instead of 24-26. My work jeans were getting so loose and I was feeling self consious about them.

Whenever I walk by a mirror I have to do a double take, I am just shocked that it is me in those jeans.:clap2:

My biggest surprise was how much I don't like the styles out there. I don't go out and dress up alot, mostly jeans and t shirts because of work. All of the jeans were boot cut, stretchy, and/or low rise. Low rise on me means that every thing sticks out of the top. No thank you. Very few classic cut jeans out there. Not even at Levis.com. Any hints?

My DH and boys tell me that I am just out of touch with the new styles. I guess that I have a lot to learn..and shop!

Have a great week everyone!

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I'm with ya girl, I don't like the low-rise or boot cut jeans either. I do however this the Walmart Rider jeans, they have just a little bit of stretch to them so they don't cut into you, but the have straight leg, and my fav tapered leg....

I don't like the new jeans either or the pants without belt loops. What's up with that? I like a more tailored look and I can't stand the pants without belt loops. I like what used to be called Dockers. I get my pants from www.landsend.com . I can get traditional cut pants. Also try Denim and Company offered by QVC.com They make a nice jean.

I am wearing pants today that I haven't had on in 2 years. I am so excited that finally I am seeing some changes.

Ok, I'll admit it too. I've been closet shopping. I'm down at least one size and sometimes two sizes. It's been so many years since I've enjoyed clothes. I'm looking forward to going shopping in regular size stores. I really don't plan to buy anything until I'm in misses 14 or maybe 16. Since I'm not working outside the home I really don't need clothes like you gals who go out in the business world.

I am seeing a couple more pounds off the scale but I'm not posting it for a couple more days. I'm one of those people who steps on the scale a couple times a day and the ups and downs can be discouraging. When I go away for the weekend (which is most every weekend) getting on the scale is the first thing I do when I walk into the house.

I think this fill is working pretty good. I've had a few golf balls but that's ok with me. It slows (or stops) me down and that seems to be my biggest problem. I have found I simply cannot eat soft bread like white bread or yeast rolls, etc. I have been craving pizza and I'm doubting that I will be able to handle the crust since I like pan pizza. Sometimes I only eat the toppings and that will be ok if that's all I can handle.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with my progress. Of course I'd like for it to be faster but I think this is the healty way and the idea that it is gone forever is so wonderful. Knowing that I will never be over 235 again is so encouraging.

Hope everyone else is having a great week and I too miss everyone here when things get quiet and no one is posting. Love to hear everyones successes and I can relate to so many of your problems. I was reading July groups posts last night since nothing was happening with our Junebies.

Keep posting!

Busy here with golf balls and PB's. My fill is not too tight. Just eating too fast. I'm happy with the restriction, but not happy with weight loss. I haven't stuck with the "rules" and it's shocking how little "calories consumed" has to do with my weight loss.

An old leg injury is back giving me fits. My DD told me I have one young leg and one old leg! She's right. LOL

Oh the lessons I learn, I must relearn again and again.

Glad to hear the Barbara's are losing and feeling good.

Always enjoy everyone's posts. It nice to know we have friends with the same issues.

RE: Clothing--I promised myself I wouldn't buy anything new, but my DH wasn't happy seeing me in "droopy" drawers. I took him up on the offer. Sorry to say--most 14-16W's still fit. Was hoping to buy exclusively in "regular" women's sizes. I was always a good 18/20 and 22 in my waistline. 14-16 (even with a W) is making me happy!