Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Haven't posted in a while gang, sorry. I have been a little frustrated with the whole process. But, I am starting to have a better outlook on things.

I go today for my second fill. My surgeons office was quick to make pre-op appts but are not very supportive of Post-op appts. First fill was at 6 weeks, and havent been able to schedule appt for 2nd fill til 7 weeks after that. When I called after 3 weeks of not feeling any restriction they told me to call my nutritionist and speak to her. I am eating the right things, what does that have to do with getting the band? I went through this process for a reason, for some HELP. I think I am obsessing way too much about the band and not just stepping back and looking at the big picture.

My first fill was 5cc's. I am going to ask for another 2cc's today and see how that goes.

Looking at everyones stats, WE ARE DOING REALLY WELL!!!!:clap2: :clap2:

We have to take this one day at a time, one bite at a time.

I keep telling myself that no matter what I will never be where I was prior to surgery AGAIN. Thats a good thing.

Keep up the good work and stay focused.

Kim, did you mean .5? Do you have a Vanguard band that holds 10 cc? That was a large fill it was really 5cc. Hope it goes well for you.

I have been hungry today. Its my 2nd day of liquids. I might have a thicker Soup for dinner tonight and see if I can get rid of the hunger. I don't want to push it as these fills can sneak up on you. Its never easy is it?

Hope all is doing well. It seems that all the drama from yesterday's threads is settling down. Some are such drama queens and get so wild. I think 4 threads got locked last night. Does the band make them do it? I think not.

Barbara..........Sounds like I am missing a lot by not reading all the other threads.

Why do you think our doctors have such different ideas regarding diet post fills. I was filled on Monday and told to eat "soft foods" for 48 hours. I ate a taco salad last night and a spinach salad today and all is fine. I am having steak and baked potato for dinner. Liquids for six days seems exreme but you should lose faster.

Not sure why they have different requirrments. Spiegel its 3 days liquid and 3 days mushies. I had some refried Beans and queso tonight. I was hungry, but didn't eat much. Spiegel doesn't let us have oatmeal or powder Protein either. He says it clogs the band. Spivak I think puts you on a pre diet? Spiegel does not. Go figure.

Your better not reading all the drama, except if you like a good laugh. It was really something. They did the same thing a couple of months ago. Most of them took a breather from LBT, but all came back this week and the war began. Its silly, but some can't help themselves.

Went in for my second fill today. She only put in 0.5cc. I was hoping for more but she told me to come back in 2 weeks if I didn't feel much restriction. I wonder now if I was wrong to want more. I have never felt nausea with the band until today (lucky me). I was drinking some apple juice and I guess I was drinking too much and I got really neaseated. It is amazing at how much of a difference just 0.5cc makes. My Dr. requires one day Clear Liquids one day thickened liquid and two days mushies after a fill. I guess every Dr. is different. I am glad that everyone is seeming to get back on track. The Junebies are kicking tail on the weightloss front! YEAH US!!!!! Great job everyone!!

:update: H20 Challenge

Sorry I'm late--tough week!

Barbara465--7 (another perfect week!)

Cindy--6

Pinky--5

Barbara12--4

Janelle--1

Chako Lady--1

Poodles--1

Way to go ladies.

If you need an update--please pm me.

Barb, No I really meant 5 whole CCs the first fill. And it did NOTHING. I personally think they missed the port. :faint: But thats just me. The second fill yesterday was 2 CC's. Total right now 7 cc's. I am hoping this does the trick. My dr seems to be pretty aggressive with the larger bands. I am kinda glad he is, might make things a little better for me.

Hope everyone is finding the day bright.

Have a great FRIDAY.:clap2: :clap2:

Good Morning Everyone!

I have had such a problem the last couple of days - wasn't able to even keep Soup down. I could drink Water so I knew I wasn't completely closed. I just don't understand why this happens. I tried to eat Wendy's chili and after two bites it was all over (over me and my car!!!). I was unable to eat for two days. I was so hungry I would try and it would come right back up!!! I have to admit that I was so very desparate I bought a chocalate shake and after about an hour I got it down. After that I began to feel better and now this morning I am fine. I was so disappointed in myself eating that shake but somehow it made me feel better. I got my fill a week ago Monday so I sure wasn't expecting this problem. I have read that lots of people on this board have been able to eat Wendy's chili so I thought it would be okay ... never again! :-(

Anyway, things are back on track today. Hope everyone has a good day.

Lucy,

So sorry to hear about your problem, I have heard of people taking a week or so then BAM restriction. I got too tight after my last fill, it is no fun. Please be careful and if It doesn't loosen up go get a little taken out. Sometimes warm liquids can loosen it a bit! Take care of yourself.

Day 3 of my fill. So far so good. We just need to be careful. Remember it was day 6 for me last time and PB on Soup. You just never know with these fickled bands.

I'm really into the Water. I get most of my water in at work and I can really swig it back. Don't have restriction for that!

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm off to a Horizon of Hope luncheon tomorrow (breast cancer fund raiser). I always enjoy visiting with my friends and giving to a good cause. I am a Longaberger basket collector and they make baskets each year for the Susan B. Korman fund. I am also going to do a little shopping. I have to find a few things to wear to work that aren't too big. Nice to have that problem. :(

I am with you there Barbara about the clothes, yesterday for work I changed 7 times because everything I pulled out was too big, it was frustrating but a nice frustration. I am going to the Women of faith conference this weekend so I went shopping last night. And here is the NSV....

I shopped in the misses section. Now I am big on top and never would have thought I could shop there, I was able to wear an XL in misses, the clothes there are MUCH cuter and I was sooo happy! And I was ablt to buy size 16 dress pants (no elastic), was in a 24 just 4 months ago. I love this band!!!!!!! Have a great time at the luncheon!!!!

That is some weight loss - 60 lbs. I am so happy for you. I can't wait to shop in the regular sizes. I'm hoping at Christmas I can do that. I have a trip at end of September and then the cruise at Christmas. I hope by the time the cruise comes around I will be in regular sizes. That is definitely my Christmas wish for myself.

All in all, I think all of the Junebies are doing well. I know we get impatient, but when you take our weight loss over all the weeks, most are doing great if not fantastic.

Have a great day and weekend!

rroswelltx - Thank you for the sympathy! I am much better today - had a little fish and a small salad for lunch and feel great! Go figure!!! CONGRATULATIONS to you on being able to shop in the Misses section!!! Isn't it WONDERFUL!!!

Barbara465 - Congratulations on having a problem with finding clothes in your closet SMALL enough to wear!!! I know you will make your goal to shop in the regular clothes by Christmas.

Keep up the good work Junebies - we ROCK!!!

I think the two choices that it narrowed down to were Las Vegas and Oprah in Chicago. Maybe, just maybe, someone is working on getting us on Oprah as a group. Wouldn't that be fun? Las Vegas seemed to be the next most frequent choice. I don't think anything has been decided and if there are more suggestions bring them on.

Hey guys, I'm so sorry, I've had so much going on in my personal life that I haven't been back on in a few weeks. Work, school starting for my little one (pre K! *sob*), the flu (yuck). Suffice it to say things are slowing down and I'll get back on track by doing a vote. Please forgive!

I'll post this weekend a list of names, etc. I have. and then we can do a vote.

Okay, this was our summary of Junebie Locations:

</O:p</I></B>

Texas - 8 (Houston and Dallas areas)

California – 7 (Southern CA)

<B><?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com><st1:State w:st=Texas</st1:State><i>– 8 (Houston and Dallas areas)<O><st1:State w:st=<font face=" /><st1:State w:st="on"><FONT face=Verdana>Louisiana</st1:State><FONT face=Verdana> – 2

<ST1:p<st1:City w:st="on"><FONT face=Verdana>Vancouver</st1:City><FONT face=Verdana>, <st1:State w:st="on">BC</st1:State> <st1:country-region w:st="on">Canada</st1:country-region><FONT face=Verdana> – 2

<st1:State w:st="on"><ST1:p<FONT face=Verdana>Oregon</ST1:p</st1:State><FONT face=Verdana> – 1

<st1:State w:st="on"><ST1:p<FONT face=Verdana>Washington</ST1:p</st1:State><FONT face=Verdana> – 1

<st1:State w:st="on"><ST1:p<FONT face=Verdana>Massachusetts</ST1:p</st1:State><FONT face=Verdana> – 1

<st1:State w:st="on"><ST1:p<FONT face=Verdana>Tennessee</ST1:p</st1:State><FONT face=Verdana> – 1

<st1:State w:st="on"><ST1:p<FONT face=Verdana>Nevada</st1:State><FONT face=Verdana> – 1

<st1:State w:st="on"><ST1:p<FONT face=Verdana>Arizona</st1:State><FONT face=Verdana> – 1

<st1:State w:st="on"><ST1:p<FONT face=Verdana>Delaware</st1:State><FONT face=Verdana> - 1

<st1:State w:st="on"><ST1:p<FONT face=Verdana>Indiana</st1:State><FONT face=Verdana> - 1

<st1:State w:st="on"><ST1:p<FONT face=Verdana>Virginia</st1:State><FONT face=Verdana> - 1

<st1:State w:st="on"><ST1:p<FONT face=Verdana>Arkansas</st1:State><FONT face=Verdana> – 1<O:p</O:p<O:p

<FONT face=Verdana>

<FONT face=Verdana><FONT face=Verdana><FONT face=Verdana><FONT face=Verdana><FONT face=Verdana><FONT face=Verdana><FONT face=Verdana><FONT face=Verdana><FONT face=Verdana><FONT face=Verdana><FONT face=Verdana><FONT face=Verdana><FONT face=Verdana><FONT face=Verdana><FONT face=Verdana><FONT face=Verdana><FONT face=Verdana><FONT face=Verdana><FONT face=Verdana><FONT face=Verdana><FONT face=Verdana><FONT face=Verdana><FONT face=Verdana><FONT face=Verdana><FONT face=Verdana><FONT face=Verdana>So far I think the suggestions we have for locations are Las Vegas, Chicago (to see Oprah), and, um, not sure where else....Why don’t you guys post or submit PM’s to me about suggestions and I’ll put a poll together after that so we can vote. Let’s set a new deadline to submit ideas of locations for August 31st at midnight.