Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Hope you can see these of this girl Leilaba.jpg
This is not me!!! I was trying to send it to another girl because she could not get the pics up on her computer. I wish I was this thin!!! :omg:

Yeah to Leila who amazingly beautiful--no matter what size. Love the highlights too.

Had a great day restriction wise and remained careful.

Carol--All I can say is--if you can possibly do without the fill--do so. Even one pound a week loss is better than being too tight. Even l/2 pound is better!

Glad everyone is posting. It helps to be reminded of what can work!

Last day for Water challenge.

Thanks for Blue Ribbon Leila!

Pinkylee why do you say if I can hold out on getting a fill? Is there something I need to know about these fills? Please respond ASAP thanks:eek:

Carol - if you are aready having difficulty eating, getting a fill will make it worse. If you can't eat in the morning try something hot, tea, coffee, broth and then try a Protein Drink. You don't want to spend your life having one PB after another. That will cause more problems.

Hope everyone else is doing well. I feel so much better and seem to be back on track.

hello everyone!

well, i am married!! the ceremony was on saturday and it was beautiful! the mini- honeymoon was too. question. where is everyone getting the little award ribbon with the june banded thing? i want one! things have been going pretty good with me and the band. the scale has been constantly moving in the right direction and it is finally noticeable to me. i didn't have to get the fill after all so that was good. hope things look up for everyone. this band can be trying at times

Go back a few posts and you'll find the link to our ribbon. Mine doesn't seem to be showing today so not sure why. It was working.

Congradulations on your marriage. Glad everything went well and you had a wonderful honeymoon. Glad the scale is moving in the right direction!

Christa --congrats on your wedded bliss. You will have to post some pics for us to see.

The band can be trying at times. Knock, Knock, Knock on wood --I've not had any difficulty with mine. However today --I find myself with the "munchies". I've not had this since surgery and not sure what it all about. I'm certainly not "stuffing" myself with stuff because that is now pretty much impossible. Been grazing a bit today which has never been a big habit. So I'm not worried about it --it will pass.

The scales haven't moved this week but last week it went down about 3 pounds. I seem to go one week with no weight loss the next with some weight loss (all at once). Heck --I'll take it however it goes. However --I've taken several weekend trips since being banded and have dined out the whole time. Each time I come back with no weight gain and once with weight loss. That's a huge NSV for me. I could never say that pre-banded.

Melissa Lea

I'll have to post H20 finals hopefully on Friday. Thursday is my busiest day--and DH had lots for me to accomplish before I fly out tomorrow (7:20 am) on business. Shld have access--so please keep your blue smiley's on till you see the update message.

Thanks and have a great weekend everyone.

Christa--Congratulations and best wishes on a wonderful new life.

Carol--I PM'd you, but Barbara pretty much said it all regarding fills. Hope it helps.

Another dinner of Protein first. It really works. I had a Tyson mesquite chicken breast filet. It was really moist. I dipped it in guamole (sp). That must count as my vegetable. I was full and left just about 1/4. I also had 4 french fries that were baked. That's all I needed for the rest of the night. Maybe this hard protein first to fill the band will work.

I also drank at least 6 bottles of Water yesterday. I was so thiristy. I hope this was just my body replenshing after the weekend and not an indication of something else going on. I feel good though so all is well.

I plan on having a better weekend than last. Friends getting together for a brunch. We collect Longaberger baskets and our group gets together every month for friendship and buying. :o We invited a jewelry person to this so this should be fun.

I also hope to get and get a few clothes. I ordered some slacks from Land's End yesterday, but need some tops. I don't want to spend lots on clothes, but I do need to look semi presentable for work.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

thanks for the well wishes! i have a couple of nsv--

1. put on a pair of jeans a couple of weeks ago on the off chance that i would be able to squeeze into them. and they fit. loosely. had room. didn't "cut" in my vaginal area when i sit down. i almost fell out.

2.on the honeymoon getaway we went shopping (something i hate to do because, well you all know how it is) went to old navy and bought a skirt that was a size 8. again, almost fell out. me in an 8? i never dreamed it.

3.the wedding dress... had to be taken up about 2 inches in the back from when i originally ordered it before the band was placed.

a strange thing happened the other day. i had a golf ball off of some matzo that i was eating. it shocked me because i haven't had that since week 3 (the golf ball that is). i eat matzo all the time. and i find that i can eat just about anything provided that i chew it up well.

Where'd our ribbons go? Everyone's is gone!!!!!

<getting out inspector gadget mystery kit>

Who stole the Ribbon's?!?!?!

Boy you all are quite today for a friday!!!! HHHEEEEELLLLLOOOOO!!!!

The ribbons seem to come and go. Like they are gone during the day, but come out in the evening. I finally posted some before and after pictures in that thread. I can really start to see a difference. I had to do that because you see yourself everyday and don't notice. :o

I'm hoping to get into a 16 when finished , that my size 8. :)

I'm in Michigan looking after rental and visiting with friends. Looks like a loss this week would be a miracle. Happy to say, I'm not tight this trip. Enjoying, but being careful.

Please keep H20's on for another day. Can't find my reading glasses. I have a slight vision problem--thus the larger print sometimes!

Hope the Junbies are having as much fun this weekend as I am.

Go to the Before and After Thread in General Lapband discussion. It's almost the last page , if not last page. They should be there. Saw a few people today that hadn't seen me for a while. They noticed right off. Makes you feel good when they start to notice!

Hope everyone is doing well. I have pretty good restriction AFTER my unfill. I'm eating Protein first and that seems to be working. Not snacking anymore. Now we'll see if I can lose eating food!