Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Well hell. I think I have a fickle silicone fist (like Jack...***deep sigh***I love Jack). This morning I could barely get down 1/2 cup of Protein (hamburger meat). What a pain.

I stepped on the scale and still only 15 lbs down. But still better than nothing.

Went over to the July thread. It was just like reading ours. We all have the same issues and concerns. Good thing we have each other too. :eek:

Poodles,

I think 1/2 cup is probably just right. They say only 1/2 c to a cup. Just watch out. I think these things tighten when we aren't looking! I can't believe on Saturday I was saying how hungry I was!! It took me all morning to get down my bottle of Ensure. Not sure yet if I'll even try my Soup for lunch. I do try to get the Activia down so I keep regular. I don't want a repeat of that problem either.

Hang in there Junesters. We're going to make it. Trial and error. Have you looked at sparkpeople.com . Looks like a good way to track our intake.

Funny, I just went there. It says I need to keep my calories between 1220 and 1570. I think I can handle that. :eek:

I signed on to Sparkpeople. Looks really great. You can do as little or as much as you want to do there. I think I will like the food tracking guide.

Terry :eek:

I have been using FitDay, which is esstenially the same. I d/l'd the PC program so I do'nt have to be online to enter information in. :eek:

Hi,

Thursday is my fill day with Dr. Kuri. After reading all the posts, I'm wondering what HIS fills are like. Any information? I know there are lots of variables among us: age, weight, goals--but we are all working on solutions. Dr. Kuri said this banding is a "tool" we can use to assist our weight management. I like that!

Deb:cool:

:eek: Hey all. Thanks for coming and visiting us in the July thread. Since you didn't want to be egged back I figured I throw a little cake and pizza. I'll help with the frosting cleanup! WOOHOO!!! Love you all!

:) :pizza: :) :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza: :cake: :pizza:

Ok peeps, I get real meals soon. Dr. Miranda says eat 3 meals a day but didn't mention calories. I know some people are using websites. Did doctors give you calorie recommendations? Today I ate like 800, but that is Protein Shakes, yoghurt, Soup, etc. Do you just go by hunger until you get a fill?

Poodles:

Some people have more restriction in the morning than afternoon. Also, my fill PA said hamburger was high on the list for PB's. Bet if you stick with mushies or Liquid Protein in am you'll do better.

Golf balls hurt!!! Can't imagine how frightening a real PB would be.:eek: :eek:

Going for some unfill today. It can't come soon enough. I burb on a sip of Water. I can't wait to see how much I've lost this week. Just goes to show that you can live on very little food intake. I haven't had much since Wednesday and less than 300 calories a day since Saturday night. This is getting old.

Thanks for the pizza and cake July group. However, we are not giving out awards for the group that loses the most in a given month! We are older and wiser than the July group so we know that pizza and cake will harm us! :eek: It was a good try, but we won't yield to temptation.

My doctor wants you to stay around 900-1100 calories. He thinks you lose weight if you stay below 1,000. On sparkpeople it will calculate how much you should eat per day to lose. It won't let you lose over 2 lbs/wk so keep that in mind.

Hope everyone else is doing well after their fills. It really is a guessing game to get to the right spot. We all will get there and life will be good!

Anyone interested in a Water challenge this week? I think I get 64 ounces a day easily from crystal lite, etc., but my pure water intake is probably low.

I'd like to commit to drinking and logging 64 ounces of liquids a day with 32 of them being pure H20. For every day we were successful we could give ourselves a :biggrin1: in our signature line.

Pinkylee,

What a great idea! I would love to be a part of your challenge. I just bought a container that is 72 oz as a way of pushing myself to drink more Water. I used to drink a lot more before surgery, but since I can't drink before or after meals I find it harder to get the 72 oz down. I also find I lose more weight when I drink more!

I weighed this morning and I am at my lowest weight so far! Feels so good to see the scale reading lower numbers. I feel fortunate to be losing before my first fill. Of course I would like to be dropping faster, but I am happy with losing instead of gaining!

Come on everyone, join the H20 challenge!!! We can beat this weight thing, soon it will be in our past!!!

Okay, here goes.

I went to my one month visit today - and it was all surprises.

I lost 15 lbs for the month. I know it would have been more if I had gotten ALL the Water in. I know it's a big part of this, and I have a hard time getting 64 Ozs in every day. I also think I ate too many mushie things too soon. I'm back to liquids only now.

Anyway, the appt was at 10:30, and they didn't call me in till 12:00, and then he confused me with someone else, and thought I'd had gastric, and when I asked him how big my band was, he said "oh, that's right you have a band, well let's give you a fill". They couldn't find my chart, and that bugged me. I was irritated, agitated, mad - nervous..

He started the fill, and when I sat up he said "ok, I put in 6cc - go drink some water and see how it feels". I took a sip and started burping, so he said he would take some out. He left me with 4cc in a 10cc band. I hope it's not too much. I felt like an idiot - because I kept thinking about all the posts of people having 1cc fill and feeling good restriction, but I didn't say anything. It's an hour drive, and the whole way home I was taking sips of water, and now I have a Protein Shake to get down.

More water, more walking, more fear of eating anything.

:burp: This is like Mr Toads Wild Ride!