Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Self pay for "follow ups"

My initial LB surgery, was covered. Left the job I was at, new insurance has.... NO Bariatric coverage.

Haven't been to my Dr. In 2 yrs. Gained 30 outta the 50 I lost! That said, no insurance, I was told the follow- up visits would be $150 (no fill) $250 with fill.

Is this normal? (In the US. Virginia)

Wow, I will find out Thursday what costs are w/o insurance. I am thinking about changing jobs but was just banded March 2013 so if it's that expensive for fills, that might make my decision to stay at current job..

My insurance only covered follow up for the first year. My doc only does fills under fluro and the cash price is $1,200.00. I found another doc that will do fills for $200 for the first and $140 for any subsequent fills.

you might want to ask your doctors office to contact your insurance company to see if fills are covered. when i talked to my insurance company they told me it was not covered but the bariatric surgeon i use for fills was some how able to get them to cover it. it could just be the treatment code they use that makes all the difference. it's worth a shot.

Blue Cross just approved my fills, but I was self pay for surgery. Go figure.

you might want to ask your doctors office to contact your insurance company to see if fills are covered. when i talked to my insurance company they told me it was not covered but the bariatric surgeon i use for fills was some how able to get them to cover it. it could just be the treatment code they use that makes all the difference. it's worth a shot.

I'll try that.

I go this Friday. Scheduled it for a pay day WITH commission...lol!!!!!

My insurance only covered follow up for the first year. My doc only does fills under fluro and the cash price is 1' date='200.00. I found another doc that will do fills for 200 for the first and 140 for any subsequent fills.[/quote']

Wow! That's costly! $1,200!

Will keep you all posted.

I'm set to be banded at the end of this month, but one of my questions to the surgeon was how much will filles cost. He stated that I would only need to pay $70 per fill! I was so happy about that.