Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October bandsters

How is it sleeping on your side? Im a huge side sleeper and have been wondering if I would be able to sleep comfrotably once I got home.

It hurts sometimes but it works sometimes too.

My incisions are different than they were on the video though. There's only 4 incisions and they're all really high up, horizontally across. One on the end is a little lower than the others, and I think that's where my port is, but I'm unsure. I have to be really careful when I lay down, and I still prefer sleeping up, but sometimes, I've found, sleeping like I'm use to, on my back or on my stomach, has proven to help alleviate some of the gas.

I'm two days out from surgery and I'm feeling great! I've also had little to no gas pain but I've stayed on top of the gas-x strips. I was surprised to only have 3 incisions and I'm not having problems laying on my side. Good luck everyone and I hope you all have great experiences.

Today is a lot better than yesterday! Not much gas pain left' date=' and out of four incisions, only the ones on the ends really hurt. Mine are all in a horizontal line. I think I know which one the port is behind because it's always sore there, no matter what, but I don't feel very ill or in a ton of pain, and I'm actually feeling pretty good overall.[/quote']

Glad to hear things are going well. Hope you'll keep me posted. Can you put me on your friend list so I can keep getting your posts.

Had my Pre Admission Testing done today - two weeks from today! Can't come fast enough.

Manda you and I must have the same banding date 10/17. I also did my pre op stuff today and while there I got an email from my surgeons office that they got my insurance approval today!!

only three more days of liquid diet but can be worst i suppose Oct 7 my day it it coming fast good thing i will not have to return back to work until 11/1 even tho sounds like a lot of missing work it only be 11 working days for me :)

My surgery was yesterday. I won't lie...the first day was rough. to no incision pain but my stomach area below my ribs hurts quite a bit. Stayed overnight in the hospital. Have been trying to drink plenty but feel nauseated when I drink too fast. Only vomited once but got phenergan which helped. Woke up this morning feeling TONS better. Still some nagging pain around my upper belly and diaphragm but the nausea is much better and I feel more human. :) walking the halls and ready to go home!

Going for mine on Saturday!!

Hope all goes well.

Going for mine on Saturday!!

Hope all goes well.

My surgery was yesterday. I won't lie...the first day was rough. to no incision pain but my stomach area below my ribs hurts quite a bit. Stayed overnight in the hospital. Have been trying to drink plenty but feel nauseated when I drink too fast. Only vomited once but got phenergan which helped. Woke up this morning feeling TONS better. Still some nagging pain around my upper belly and diaphragm but the nausea is much better and I feel more human. :) walking the halls and ready to go home!

I hope you get to feeling better quickly!

Im finally scheduled for Oct 25th! I start the liquid diet on Sunday. Hoping I can do this and praying for no headaches.

There will be headaches in the beginning of the pre op diet but nothing Tylenol can't help. After the first three days it's not as bad. Good luck with the diet and surgery . I am getting banded on the 9th.

well its not official yet because my surgeons out of town until the 14th but the scheduler told me to count on the 25th for my surgery! i wanted it on the 14th but that's okay because i'll have a little longer to continue to get used to the pre-diet. good luck to all those that have surgery this month.

I hope you get to feeling better quickly!

I hope you feel better.