Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jealous of your post-op diet

I'm 10 days post-op and still on liquids. I have 21 days of liquids. Full liquids yes (OMG, if they were clear I'd be dieing), but still liquids. I don't get mushies until week 4. I am doing ok with this, but hearing some of you on mushies already makes me rage with green nasty jealousy. I want mushy things! I want, I want, I want!!

Last night I got Church's chicken for the fam (I've been doing fine up until this point with them eating real food) and it smelled so damn good I had a major fitty temper tantrum, mad at the world, episode. My poor hubby. I told him it was probably the eating issue talking but he was pissing me off and listed about 5 petty reasons why. I love him so much...when I was done I look at him and said "And??" wanting him to say something and he just said "Ok", and then he helped me go through some stuff like I asked in one my petty things.

Also, I made homemade Pasta sauce last week with canned tomato's, it was sooo goood, I strained out the onions and such, I was a good girl. It was delicious . I put some lowfat ricotta in the bottom of the bowl, a little parm on top, sauce on that, heated it up so it was all melty and it has been the most delicious thing I've eaten since surgery. I call it my liquid lasagna. Mmmmm. I also noticed that I always cook way too in bulk. I made a big pot of it to feed the family too and there is still a ton left. Without me to binge on what I make, I guess I need to scale back how I cook.

Sorry for the rambly and such, it is Friday and my mind is on turbo

It happens. I had 4 weeks of liquids, too. I had 2 weeks of Clear Liquids, 2 weeks of full liquids, 2 weeks of mushies, 2 weeks of soft food, then finally back to real food.< /p>

It sucked bad- I was starving. But, I stuck to it and I'm glad I did.

Hang in there :)

Come here to vent as much as you need to. When I was doing my post op diet, I actually sucked the salt from some pretzels, then spit them in a napkin and tossed them out. It was not one of my proudest moments.

Mmmmm, pretzel salt...don't go giving me any ideas now

I'm sorry. It really does suck. Sometimes you just need to have the tantrum. :) Bless you for having a husband who just let you get it all out.

I swear these altered diets make you just a little bit crazy. For like half a second today, I was a little irritated at my CATS because I could smell their food at lunchtime. When cat food smells even vaguely appealing, even for a millisecond, you know you're in the Twilight Zone!!!

I had my surgery 14 days ago. Are the bands completely loose when we first get them? I am confused bc I did not expect to be this hungry.

I'm 17 days out. I got to start eating Protein foods on week 2 but I'm still hungry, I don't feel any resistance!!!!! So far my 20lb weight loss is at a standstill and all I can do is think about food! I would also love to have a glass of wine but I dare not!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately guys and gals, our bodies not only have to adjust to being cut on, it also has to adjust to not getting all that delicious unhealthy food we were so used to feeding it. It is a stage that we all have to go through until our bodies are completely cleaned of all the processed and other foods. Our body's systems have to reconfigure to work as it is supposed to. So to answer you guys' question, YES you will feel hungry until you are able to receive your fills. Continue to drink as many liquids as you can sip on. Good luck on your journey.

I think it depends on the dr if they leave it empty at first or put some Fluid in it. I actually can't eat very much, even liquids, and I'm rarely hungry. I think I have some fluid in mine and that might be part of the reason I have longer on liquids than some. I won't know until I ask him, which will be a few weeks. I'm actually doing pretty good, I just WANT better things, I don't feel I need them.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches