Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 4 post op and I just want to feel normal

Ugh I'm having the "what the hell was I thinking moment" I just feel like blah. I can't get comfortable enough to sleep. The tugging feeling at the port is so annoying. I'm just miserable feeling...any suggestions?

I felt the same way. I didn't start feeling like myself until day #9 post-op. All I can say is that it will pass and be patient. It's hard to hear, but it's true. I wasn't a martyr . . . I took ALL of my pain meds until they were gone. It helped me sleep. Also, lots of pillows. I think I slept with 4 propping me up and keeping me from rolling over.

Well at least I'm not alone. I was starting to worry. Everyone so far is feeling normal right after surgery and I'm not. I've been walking around and I feel like crap lol. I just hope this wasn't a mistake :(

Every one is so different, these human bodies. Just take good care of yourself and every day a little better. It's rough not having enough sleep -- hope that comes your way soon. Deep, healing sleep -- there's nothing quite like it! Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Thanks for keeping us posted!

Hi Kimmy, You are not alone. I am 2 week post op today and the first week was really hard for me. I found the only place I could rest was on the couch. I slept there for the first week. Use pillows to prop yourself up. Great news is....it does get better!!! The first week I questioned myself all the time...."Why the heck did I do this." Just be patient...it does get much much better.

Hey Kimmy, first of all I wish you a speedy recovery, and I think it's different with everyone. It depends if your surgeon used gas to fill your tummy or not. That was the worst part for me. But I felt fine at day 4 post op, doing normal things like moping and cleaning. But I'm used to pain and surgeries too. I found it helpful to sleep in a recliner the first couple days also. Nonetheless hope you're back to being normal very soon!

I had surgery on 8/26 and I was feeling the same up until today. What has helped me a lot is weaning off my Percocet - I'm now on just Tylenol and my head feels so much clearer. Also figuring out some real foods I could have on the liquid diet, instead of the fake sweet Protein shakes, and getting at least 40 grams in. So far my favorites have been refried Beans thinned with broth, heated with a bit of velveeta and salsa then blended. Also low fat small curd cottage cheese which my doc ok'ed for liquids. Tonight I'm having some Soup I bought from the grocery store deli, blended.

Hang in there - it gets better eventually! I've also been sleeping on the couch and take 1 or 2 naps per day, and try to get out and walk twice a day.

I also feel this way still.I was banded on 081213.I still feel like crap.Not eating nothing but frozen yogurt. Must everything else feel like it is stuck in my chest.For about a week now my right side right under my breast is hurting. Anyone else have the same pain?

I was banded Aug 6 and it took me 3 weeks to feel better. I have had many different surgeries and this was the worst by far. I have had an open appendectomy, csection, gallblaldder and flew threw those. This one was took me the longest to recover from. I had the 'what did I do' moments all the time for the first week and a half. Now I'm 3.5 weeks out and I'm fine. Just take your pain meds routinely, ice, sleep and take care of yourself.

I haven't had any problem sleeping or notice the port at all and I'm a tummy sleeper. But I've had a pacemaker for 5 or 6 years now so I guess I'm just used to having little boxes under the skin. Don't worry, you'll get used to it. After a while you won't even know it's there till you smack it on something. :)

I am re-training my brain ro coordinate with my stomach. I am not hungry, not a Soup girl, and 4 days post-op which is liquid only right now. I was in a weird space and wanted something good on my tongue. I in-turn made the biggest boo-boo yet, having ice cream I'm not even a sweets girl either! Bad move. Currently sending this post via my bathroom. Cramps are worse than the surgery. Lesson learned.

I had the same thoughts. I had my band placed on Monday 8/26/13 and by wednesday I was thinking "what did I do"

Wednesday was tough! I sat in a chair and cried for almost a hour and a haf, the pain from the gas and the constant belching was unberable! I was so drained I went back to bed and slept for 3 hours.

I can also relate to the sleeping issuses others have posted. I too have sleep almost up-right the past two nights. I'm feelig mostly soreness on the left side or port side.

Today was a little better. Glad to see from other posts that there is light at the ed of the tunnel and it gets better.

Hang in there anf good luck!

I was banded on 7/1. It took at least 3 weeks to sleep well (pain meds of course). This to shall pass. I recommend staying in a very cold room. That worked for me. Just relax and little by little it will get better.

I still have port pain & my dr said it will take at least another 2-3 months of port moments.

Good luck and congratulations

I am on day 10 post op (Was banded 8/21) and today is the first day I feel normal...I found drinking as much Water as possible helped me quite a bit!...I too had a what did I do moment, almost everyday day for 9 days..:)Hang in there!