Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone have an opinion on Thermogenics?

I ran out of my fav Protein powder, and walgreens didn't have it in stock....so off to the GNC. They had this and the salesperson said he had heard good things about it, (don't they all say that).

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=17905666

I bought a small container and THEN got home and did some reading... seems to be quite a bit of difference of opinion around the use of thermogenic's.

The only info I could find on LBT about it was back from a 2006 post... http://www.lapbandta...nic#entry309188

I'm NOT using it for weightloss reasons, just as a pre workout Protein Drink. At 20 grams per 100 calories, its a good choice in that regards.

So, anybody else use thermogenic supplements? Anybody KNOW good/bad things about them? I'll ask my surgeon/nutritionist next month when I visit what their opinion is too. I've used it for about two weeks now and am undecided.... Thanks for any advice/opinions!

I've tried that, it's sold at my gym. It's okay, but I prefer Muscle Milk.

I really like chike power is comes in 5 favors and taste great with 29 gr of Protein . I mix mine in smoothie machine with ice and mixed the favors since you use two scoops.

David

I like to workout or ride on an empty stomach, but I do like pre-workout/energy/endurance supplements. I currently am using this and really like it. I get a nice boost, but not jittery or over-stimmed. Plus the creatine and beta alanine help with muslce endurance.

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=WT-1088

If I am going on a long ride (more than 12 miles) I will bring a GU packet to suck down at the 8-10 mile mark.

I do not think they will hurt. I am pretty certain any doctor or NUT will say not to use it because of the stims and liability.

Thanks for the reply and link. I agree, I start out riding pretty empty (coffee and half cup of oatmeal) most of the time... depending on what I'm planning on doing...group vs solo ride. I usually stick with Clif bars while riding solo. First one at about 70 minutes, then half another one every 30 to 45 minutes. If I miss that first one. ...i really feel it at 2 hours. I took that Protein I mentioned 30 minutes before a couple rides. It's not for me before riding. But. .... before running, I think I really like it. I'm only doing 5km the majority of the time, so it's boost time is great for that. 20 grams of protein works good.... just MUST give 30 minutes.... or else tummy ache!

Thanks for the reply and link. I agree' date=' I start out riding pretty empty (coffee and half cup of oatmeal) most of the time... depending on what I'm planning on doing...group vs solo ride. I usually stick with Clif bars while riding solo. First one at about 70 minutes, then half another one every 30 to 45 minutes. If I miss that first one. ...i really feel it at 2 hours. I took that Protein I mentioned 30 minutes before a couple rides. It's not for me before riding. But. .... before running, I think I really like it. I'm only doing 5km the majority of the time, so it's boost time is great for that. 20 grams of Protein works good.... just MUST give 30 minutes.... or else tummy ache![/quote']

Catfish have you heard about the 29" & 32 " Men's Bikes Walmart is selling now ? Big Wheels indeed !!! ???´

Catfish have you heard about the 29" & 32 " Men's Bikes Walmart is selling now ? Big Wheels indeed !!! 🚴

I can't say that I have.

http://www.gnc.com/p...ductId=17905666

So I've used this for a month now....AND LOVE IT pre workout. Energy through the roof....YMMV. 20 grams/100 calories.

http://www.gnc.com/p...ductId=17905666

So I've used this for a month now....AND LOVE IT pre workout. Energy through the roof....YMMV. 20 grams/100 calories.

Here is your energy source Caffeine 66.00 mg

There have been studies that show that caffeine before strenuous exercise helps with muscle fatigue and muscle recovery. For multiple hour rides/hikes, I actually crush and add a couple of caffeine tablets to a Protein smoothie about hour before the ride/hike. Here is something you may want to take a look at: http://www.sportlegs.com/ It really helps combat lactate acid build up.

Here is your energy source Caffeine 66.00 mg

There have been studies that show that caffeine before strenuous exercise helps with muscle fatigue and muscle recovery. For multiple hour rides/hikes, I actually crush and add a couple of caffeine tablets to a Protein smoothie about hour before the ride/hike. Here is something you may want to take a look at: http://www.sportlegs.com/ It really helps combat lactate acid build up.

Thanks for the info on sportslegs. I have not heard of it, but the reviews are impressive. I agree the caffeine can be SOME of the energy....but a typical cup of coffee has more than 66mg in it, maybe even twice that amount. So IMO, its not just the caffeine. I can drink a pot of coffee and not feel the energy I get from one scoop of this mixed with Water. Maybe its just in my head, but its working....

Thermogenics are designed to raise your body temperature thus increasing your metabolism. You have to be careful with them as they can permanently alter your metabolism in bad ways. I took oral thernogenics purchased at Complete Nutrition and dropped a ton of weight but after I stopped taking them I gained it right back!