Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Foods did you have to give up?

I can not tolerate bread, tortillas, chicken, french fries, haven't tried steak, but I can do ground beef or sirloin. Sometimes tuna gives me problems if I don't have enough wetness to it (ie mayo). Afraid to try roast beef, even though I LOVED it before being banded. Oh, and I tried cake a couple of weeks ago for the first time since being banded and could not tolerate it.

Jessica- I think crackers fall into the "bread" category for most of us. I can't eat them and I DEFINATELY cannot eat croutons. That was my worst PB episode ever.

If I really want something crunch I may eat one or two Tostitos multi-grain tortilla chips chewed REALLY well.

:rolleyes: Kristin

Thanks Kristin!

I don't have any trouble with a couple of saltines, but I am hoping for a little more Fiber. I have read some Bandsters who post about eating crackers with tuna or other such soft foods.'

I remember your post about the croutons! My husband and I went out to lunch this weekend and he had chicken Ceaser salad and I acutally thought of you while I avoided the croutons. Ihad a couple of small bites of chicken, lettuce, parmesean which worked out fine. I am really hoping I won't have a problem with lettuce since I love a good salad.

Jessica :rolleyes:

LOL! I miss croutons so much! hahah! Too funny!

And if you're concerned about Fiber, I tried some fiber stuff that you sprinkle on anything that you really can't taste or tell is in your food. There is a commercial that they show for it all the time where they put it in spaghetti sauce. You really can put it in ANYTHING without being able to tell. You should be able to get it at Wal-Mart. Hope that helps!!

:rolleyes: Kristin

after two year with the band I find that almost all breads are out except crakers.Don't get me wrong I have never been a fan of bread. I have never liked toast or a sandwich so no big lost to me. I have a real hard time with Pasta and chicken breast, dark meat I can eat and most beef like prime rib is okay. I can eat pouched or soft boiled eggs and Soup.< /p>

Bev

yep, I was also told fluids for two weeks then mushies for another two and even then it was painful at times.

I wouldnt imagine eating solid food after a week was good for you, after all your tum is swollen and stitched and needs a rest.

donna b ----I think its soo easy with the band, after 15 months ive lost over 150lbs and feel fantastic. I count cals and most days cant eat enough to get up to my 1200-1500 a day, i have exellent restriction NOW though it has been hit and miss. so in my case and a lot of people I know, the band definately works if you use it right. good luck your doing great so far its certainly working for you !!!!;)

I think I'll be giving up scrambled eggs. I don't really like them anyway. I've tried them three times at three different places in the last 4 days and I've had a major stick every time. Bye bye little eggy puffs of pain!

Thanks Kristin, I looked it up (since I have Tivo and never watch commercials) and it is called Fiber-Sure. I will go get some tomorrow. :) The Trisciuts are great snack and I get full from about 4 of them.

Jessica

I haven't had any stuck/pb episodes yet, but just based on my past eating compulsions, i'm afraid to even look at Bagels and snickers. just can't do it.

I can't do bread or tortillas. They are really the only things that don't go down. Actually I haven't done bread since surg on 06/02/05. It's not worth the chance of getting a dough ball stuck. The couple times that I've tried tortillas, I've gotten into big trouble-- so these are both out for me. I can't do ritz crackers, but have no problems with gold fish crackers. I have problems with pretzels- so I stay away. (shouldn't have them anyway. :P )

I miss subway sandwiches- now I just eat the guts (meat and cheese w/ salad fixin's) when the family goes to subway. I had problems with salad's for while, but now I'm back to eating them without problems. I can eat moist chicken, tender steak and fish. I have problems with artichokes when I fix chicken and artichokes. I normally can eat Pasta and rice in small quanities. One day I'll have problems with hard boiled eggs, the next I won't. Go figure?

I can probably eat most anything, if I remember to eat slow and chew, chew, chew. Just depending on the time of day and if there is a blue moon or not.:) Sometimes I really wonder if it's not all in my head.

The band has worked GREAT for me. Now that I've had my 3rd fill, we'll see how things go. Hopefully I'll continue to progress with a little faster weight loss. I've put the fill off for 2 months because we went to a Family Reunion/WestPoint Graduation over Memorial Day to see a newphew graduate and I wanted to be able to eat. (The family hasn't seen me in 2 yrs- so I got lots of compliments.)

Then last week we went to Hawaii with my DS's High School Band. They were invited to perform at Pearl Harbor Point, over looking the USS Arizona Memorial. We had an AWSOME time there. I actually did the climb to the top of Diamond Head. let me tell you, the climb up Diamond Head was a B--ch! But it was worth it once we got to the top. BEAUTIFUL! I work out and do 3 miles daily on the treadmill as will as strength training. And I didn't think I would make it.

Anyway- I had my 3rd fill the day we returned to Hawaii. (Jet Lag and all) I'm now on liquids/mushies. So the process continues. Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Weight Loss Continuing to Go. No time to stay, It's Weight to go. Hi Ho Hi Ho.

Hang Loose,

I was banded 6 weeks ago and have had no problems until just recently. I had my first PB on a triscuit with melted cheese at work last week. I'm guessing that the cheese acted like glue and held the triscuit together even after I chewed it up. Nobody at work knows that I have a band, so I suffered in silence. I kept hiccuping and breathing hard then after about 45 minutes and lots of slime the triscuit came back up. YUK! The next day I ate 4 french fries and the same thing happened. I'm not complaining though - I'm not supposed to be eating those fries anyway!

Pasta, bread and pastries.....:think Those were all of my downfalls!!! I still can't eat a steak or tunafish but that's fine too. But I would love a bigass Cinnabon and cup of coffee!!! :hungry: But giving that up is all a part of this new journey and my ass thanks me for it!! :clap2: