Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Having one of 'those' days

Today has been the first time I am really questioning 'have I done the right thing by getting my lap band?'. I don't know if it is hormones, the weather or if all the excitement of preparing and going through surgery is done and it has finally hit me and the little voice in my head is saying what were you thinking?. I am scared I can't do this and will fail 'again' at another attempt to lose the weight. I will work through this, it's one of 'those' days and I needed to tell someone who understands what I'm going through. Thanks for always being there.

Today has been the first time I am really questioning 'have I done the right thing by getting my lap band?'. I don't know if it is hormones, the weather or if all the excitement of preparing and going through surgery is done and it has finally hit me and the little voice in my head is saying what were you thinking?. I am scared I can't do this and will fail 'again' at another attempt to lose the weight. I will work through this, it's one of 'those' days and I needed to tell someone who understands what I'm going through. Thanks for always being there.

All that you wrote in your post is normal, and I can write that I also had that same post op discussion with myself.

The weight loss journey with your band does require your participation with diet, lifestyle compliance, and understanding that your band is only a very useful and self empowering tool for weight loss.

You will be successful if you are motivated and committed to change your relationship with food and your lifestyle to eat to live and not live to eat.

Fear of failure is common, but if you chose to follow the instructions you were given by your surgeon, you will be successful. As you travel this journey there will be "NSV's" along the way that will affirm your progress and strengthen your resolve for success.

This forum has many members who have been successful and will be supportive of your efforts to succeed. Believe in yourself...you can and will do this...if YOU want to!

Best wishes for a successful journey...

I can relate to your post; I asked myself the same thing . . mostly because it took me 1 1/2 years to deal with some medical issues, and then insurance.

I will say at this point (17 months out), I do not have any regrets.

Good luck on your journey!

Today has been the first time I am really questioning 'have I done the right thing by getting my lap band?'. I don't know if it is hormones' date=' the weather or if all the excitement of preparing and going through surgery is done and it has finally hit me and the little voice in my head is saying what were you thinking?. I am scared I can't do this and will fail 'again' at another attempt to lose the weight. I will work through this, it's one of 'those' days and I needed to tell someone who understands what I'm going through. Thanks for always being there.[/quote']

Being fearful isn't always a bad thing. Some times it's that fear of failing that makes you determined NOT to. I think it's safe to say that a majority of us on this page and who've had this procedure have failed over and over again at our attempts at weight loss which is what brought us to this point. For me its just as much mental as anything. I think wow I let my weight get so out of control that I had to get major surgery. This is what's motivating me to keep going, if i had to do something as drastic as having surgery to regain my life I'll be darned if I'm going to let myself fail. You so can do this. You already have!!! Believe in yourself, surround yourself with positive and supportive people and remind yourself of why you made this decision in the first place!!

I agree with the post above and the great thing about this forum is we have been there and understand. I'm only 2 months banded and I still have that worry despite my loss and NSV. I'm so afraid I will fail at this but I stay within my dietary guidelines and try and exercise 4-6 a week. When I have the o crap moments I log on here and just read and read ... We are here for you I am here for you. It's a new journey which is very scary ... But I believe will be worth it.

I was banded 8-6 and had this thought a lot for the first week especially. I still have moments of panic like what was I thinking? However I have enjoyed watching the scale go down. I am a nurse practitioner and have sent numerous people to the surgeons to have this procedure. I can now empathise with my patients and could be good support when they have those 'uhoh' moments. Hang in there and get online when you have those times. This website is great.

I was banded on 8/25 I feel the same way. I am following all the instructions and only lost 9 pounds. Last two weeks I have not lost anything. I feel very nervous. I read that sometimes this is normal because the body is trying to find new ways to save fat. I guess we have to refocus and wait. I have been overweight for many years, I guess I should be patient with my body.

???I was the same way .. I was scared that I would fail again but my husband supports me and said you can do it . So this me telling you , YOU CAN DO It :)