Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I want some info on this subject. I am so white, I glow in the dark! No joke!! I want to know how often you do it, the costs & the pros & cons. Any info is appreciated!!

Yes, I tan every other day. I pay a yearly VIP membership fee of $70 and then $35/month for unlimited tans in their super beds. I absolutely LOVE to tan.

Hey Jessie! I answered this question in the GFG Club, but thought I'd answer here too for those who care to know.

I have tried tanning beds & they only gave me a ton of freckles. I don't want a "real" sun tan from the sun because skin cancer runs in my family. So, I use the new Jergen's Afterglow lotion & it works great! I just make sure to smooth it in real good all over and I LOVE IT!! I even use it on my face. :)

Tricia - your tan looks great!! So natural. You have beautiful skin!!

Iam very fair and I burn. I already have had skin cancer in my late 30's, so i do not tan at all. I bought some of the Jergen's tannin lotion. A women's magazine rated it the best.

I have done it for special occasions. I do enjoy it, its very relaxing. I love how I look a little bit brown.

BUT - it is diabolically bad for your skin and your health. In Australia 2 out of 3 people end up with some form of skin cancer anyway in their lifetime as we get so much UV exposure on an everyday basis.

Its a great way to end up looking 70 at 45, and it looks really ugly when its overdone, a nice light tan on nice young skin is lovely but a deep tan on wrinkly old skin is not. Tanning beds set my eyes off and I get corneal erosions after I've been in one 2 or 3 times so that light is getting into your eyes (causing cataracts and other nasties) despite the goggles. And the light used is even more damaging than regular sunlight. It isnt safe like they claim, its really dangerous.

I've had spray on tans and wasnt impressed - still stinky and streaky just like that bottle stuff. But I did once have a Mystic tan where you walk into the booth and it sprays automatically so no salon assistant necessary and that was really really good. I only wish I had the budget to do it weekly but at $40 its way too expensive.

I grew up in Phoenix, had serious sunburns almost every year. and I did get tans until about 25 yrs old. Then the worst thing happened, a bunch of tiny crows feet started showing. Thats when I gave up the sun and smoking. Then about a year later I found spots that looked kind of weird. The Dr. removed then and thankfully they weren't cancerous.

I started finding out just how bad the sun is on the skin then and now I stay away completely. I would rather have nice skin on my face when I turn 60, than to have a tan now. I am so white I'm almost transparent. You can read my veins on my tummy and legs like a road map. I just don't let the "glowing" bother me.

Honestly I think it depends on the person and your skin type. Take it easy and tan a little at a time and work up to 2-3 days a week. The pass from places usually is a better deal - you can always call around and ask :)

As dark as I am naturally, I used to go to a tanning salon a couple of times a week, when I was younger. It made my skin - especially my face a smoother color since I tend to have a blotchy complexion.

I tried to get my daughter (19) to go to a salon - she is very pale and she can't stand it, but she wouldn't go.

This past week she went with her b/f to IOA and Universal Studios for 2 days, so I said make sure you wear sunscreen so you don't get burned --

she came back so nice and burned lol but then it turned to a beautiful tan shes gleaming about :) hope she listened to me and used lotion lotion lotion so it didnt dry out.

I'm really quite fair and I burn at the drop of a dime. I'm a shade seeker. So, no I don't tan; I just learn to love my white skin. For what it's worth; several yrs ago I went to Columbia on a holiday (ya, Columbia...go figure...but hey it was cheap!!) and the guys down there were enthralled with my white pasty skin!!! They thought it was beautiful.

I also have VERY strong opinions about tanning. Obviously everyone knows that the sun is harmful. And, not matter what they tell you at the tanning places....those tanning beds are JUST as harmful. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I've seen & read the Health Canada reports; it is NOT a pretty sight. And....this is regardless of your skin type.....so IMO STAY AWAY. But I know folks will argue with me...and that's okay, I know the truth.

This is funny, while I was reading Yoda's respone - WTVT Fox 13 news had a spot about Tanning being addictive!

Im trying to find the article, but don't see it yet. It was a very interesting piece - maybe living in FL for so long Im addicted to the sun/tanning too lol

I worry that tanning would dry my skin out, making it more prone to sag as I lose weight, so I don't do it any more.

I wanna tan so bad, because I really do think it makes you look thinner. Why oh why does everything good have to be so bad for you?

Hi Jessie,

Im a Sun Worshiper! *waving my hand*

I used to do the tanning beds, but I noticed tons of little RED dots (freckles??) would appear after each session - so that scared the crapola out of me.

Now I just do the REAL thing.

I suggest you try what works for you.

You may want to use the tanning beds just to knock off the shine, THEN use the nautral sun for a deeper longer lasting tan.

Some go to the beds only to even out their Natural sun tan (like under the arms and between thighs)

Ive -also- used the bottle tan for my legs *ONLY* (I used the light tone, so it wasnt a drastic color change from top to bottom) and it pacifies me for some time.

*shrugs shoulders*

Sun is good.

Sun is bad.

Basically EVERYTHING is. But for me, the sun gives me a Vitamin that makes me feel better. It lifts my mood, relaxes me, PLUS I physically look better afterward.

Kinda like what sex does for guys, sun does for me. :Banane13:

Just finding the right tan for you is the key!

I love the look of a nice tan. Not dark, but I do LOVE it.

Having said that, it is soooo bad for you. I live on the beach in Florida so I am out in the sun all the time. I put a TON of sun block on and still get tan.

I have used tanning beds in the past. From a every day thing to once a week. They say they are worse then the real thing. Ann is correct... everything that we like is bad for us!

I do use the self tan stuff also. You probably ask why I do that .... to get an even tan of course! I always have my shades on in the sun and look like a racoon! And, my legs never seem to tan nicely. If you use it correctly, it works great.

Girls we all love a pretty tan. I lost a beautiful sister-in -law from what the doctors said was caused from a tanning bed. Melanoma on the inside.I used to lay out every Sat. all day long when I was younger. Last year I had to have a skin cancer cut out just above the eyebrow. Thank goodness I caught it early and it was'nt very deep. I use Loreal tanning spray and lotion-very good and no streaks.