Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MY ONGOING FEUD WITH MY PCP!

Well, just came from my PCP's office and I am a fuming!!! He just informed me that he considers my weight loss surgery a miserable failure and he's not going to recommend it to anyone else. I've been hovering between 216/217

For the last few days. Well, I didn't take my normal Water pill that I take daily because I don't like to take it until 'm home and near the bathroom. Anyhow, I weighed 220 on his scale this morning which of course I was upset over as well. I was OK until he called me a failure at this WLS and he also said it's ridiculous if you have to keep going for fills and you're still not losing fast enough. Well, I had enough of his negative talk and blasted back that I am not a failure and considering when I first saw him many years ago I was 289. I started my lapband journey at 267 on 12/28/12. I said I've still lost weight and that is what counts. Last time I saw him 3 months ago I wanted to cry because he felt I had not lost weight fast enough (at that point I was down 37 lbs. according to his scale I'm ONLY down 47 lbs and that's not good enough. I should be losing 2 lbs a week, every week according to Dr. "DOOM"! Anyway, I didn't feel like crying this time. This time I wanted to scratch his eyes out. I've still lost 10 lbs in a 12 week period. I still haven't taken my water pill yet but taking that pill makes me lose 4 lbs like in a 12 hr period.

Hey, I'm proud of my weight loss and I'm not going to let anyone steal my thunder especially my PCP! I've had many NSV's as well like fitting in smaller clothing, being able to walk more in the stores, etc . If my PCP knew how serious I am with my calories etc., maybe he'd get rid of that negative attitude of his. As far as I'm concerned my PCP is the failure! Not me! I'm still fuming but I'll calm down after awhile. They say 3 strikes and your out. Well, considering the fact he's not a BARIATRIC doctor, I'm giving him one more chance. In Nov. I'll have my 3rd visit with my PCP, if he so much as suggests I'm a failure again, that will be my last visit with him. I already have a new PCP in mind and he's about a mile from my house so I could walk there

Just letting everyone considering the lapband, that I love my my band! I may be a slow loser but at least I'm losing. Don't let any doctor talk you out of it. I think all PCP's should all take a course in bariatric medicine before they judge anyone.

Wow, that's rude. He actually used the word "failure". He must not have kids. I would change doctors after reminding him that you pay his salary. I personally think you are a success story. I hope and pray that I lose the amount of weight you have lost and with the determination you exhibit. Thanks for inspring me and you deserve better from a service that you pay for.

What an ass. Why give him another chance? If it was me I woukd immediately change doctors. We are their customers and I expect good service. Just my opinion.

Congrats on the weight loss. Slow and steady wins the race.

He is rude and mean. Your PCP should be supporting you, and helping you to reach your goals. Making mean and negative comments is only counterproductive. I hope you can switch to a doctor who is more sensitive and caring for his patient's mental and physical needs. I feel bad that you were exposed to such treatment.

WHAT AN EFFIN JERK! You are losing weight at the rate YOUR body is allowing you to. FInd another PCP! This could be his twisted way of motivating you, but it's the wrong way and his bedside manner SUCKS! Do not be discouraged, stay on this road and keep in mind that as long as the scale is going down you are headed in the right direction. See, you're nicer than I am because I'm one of those people who LOVES to write letters - either to compliment or condemn and I would have a letter in the mail to the medical review board and my insurance company so fast his head would spin. What you can do in the interim is find out which doctor's referral services he is subscribed to and I'd write a review warning others of his horrible way of talking to you.

Hugs.

OMG.... i wish i could go with you next time and hold him down so you can scratch his eyes out... I'm mad for you... You are not a failure.., you are doing great. What the heck is he expecting? It's only been just over 7 months.... this means you have lost an average of 7lb per month... that is a victory in my books

Hello,

Sorry to hear about your frustrations. I am astonished that your doctor is so vocal and unsupportive. I would definitely reconsider PCPs and preferably find one who is more pro band as I could not tolerate his treatment either. Do not allow this setback to effect you and stay strong!

I agree. What a effin jerk you have done great I like you have had a slow loss , have lost 47 pounds in a year but it is a loss keep up the great job, my dr says the band is not working , wants to remove it and do something else , know way I think my port is slipped , having a lot of pain on that side , with hart burn ,and PB weather I eat or not , my dr is Higgs in frenso ca, good luck and keep up the great work

Well, just came from my PCP's office and I am a fuming!!! He just informed me that he considers my weight loss surgery a miserable failure and he's not going to recommend it to anyone else. I've been hovering between 216/217

For the last few days. Well, I didn't take my normal Water pill that I take daily because I don't like to take it until 'm home and near the bathroom. Anyhow, I weighed 220 on his scale this morning which of course I was upset over as well. I was OK until he called me a failure at this WLS and he also said it's ridiculous if you have to keep going for fills and you're still not losing fast enough. Well, I had enough of his negative talk and blasted back that I am not a failure and considering when I first saw him many years ago I was 289. I started my lapband journey at 267 on 12/28/12. I said I've still lost weight and that is what counts. Last time I saw him 3 months ago I wanted to cry because he felt I had not lost weight fast enough (at that point I was down 37 lbs. according to his scale I'm ONLY down 47 lbs and that's not good enough. I should be losing 2 lbs a week, every week according to Dr. "DOOM"! Anyway, I didn't feel like crying this time. This time I wanted to scratch his eyes out. I've still lost 10 lbs in a 12 week period. I still haven't taken my Water pill yet but taking that pill makes me lose 4 lbs like in a 12 hr period.

Hey, I'm proud of my weight loss and I'm not going to let anyone steal my thunder especially my PCP! I've had many NSV's as well like fitting in smaller clothing, being able to walk more in the stores, etc . If my PCP knew how serious I am with my calories etc., maybe he'd get rid of that negative attitude of his. As far as I'm concerned my PCP is the failure! Not me! I'm still fuming but I'll calm down after awhile. They say 3 strikes and your out. Well, considering the fact he's not a BARIATRIC doctor, I'm giving him one more chance. In Nov. I'll have my 3rd visit with my PCP, if he so much as suggests I'm a failure again, that will be my last visit with him. I already have a new PCP in mind and he's about a mile from my house so I could walk there

Just letting everyone considering the lapband, that I love my my band! I may be a slow loser but at least I'm losing. Don't let any doctor talk you out of it. I think all PCP's should all take a course in bariatric medicine before they judge anyone.

everyone posted what i think/thought and more.....let me say, USE what he said as a way to (make your already strong mindset) even more solid and continue to kick major booty in the losing weight war......and let your success, your better health speak your volume......

still sorry he upset you....i can feel it via your words....bet his momma is sure enough proud that he learned how to talk......NOT

Wow... no offense, but your PCP is a total ignorant douchebag. For real, I can't believe he's that rude and downright mean!!!

This is strictly my opinion, but if I were in your shoes I'd be changing PCP's to the one closer to you immediately. This guy you're seeing now doesn't deserve a 3rd chance. Remember, you are the employer and he is your employee. You pay him to do his job, and if he can't do his job to your standards, fire him. You deserve SO much better than that!

You are doing beautifully on your weight loss journey. Any PCP with a brain and heart would be thrilled to have patient lose even a fraction of what you've lost. You deserve a doctor that will support and encourage you- not blast you and crush your spirits.

Wow' date=' that's rude. He actually used the word "failure". He must not have kids. I would change doctors after reminding him that you pay his salary. I personally think you are a success story. I hope and pray that I lose the amount of weight you have lost and with the determination you exhibit. Thanks for inspring me and you deserve better from a service that you pay for.[/quote']

Yes, those were his EXACT words. Had he said well, I thought you would have lost more by now but at least you're losing I wouldn't have taken such offense but that's how he worded it. I had my boyfriend come into the exam room with me so he could hear what the doctor had to say. My boyfriend waited until we got out of the office. Then my boyfriend said well that was a little harsh. A little harsh? Yeah, I'd say so. Oh, btw my bariatric surgeon is thrilled with my progress so at least there is a happy medium there.

Yes, those were his EXACT words. Had he said well, I thought you would have lost more by now but at least you're losing I wouldn't have taken such offense but that's how he worded it. I had my boyfriend come into the exam room with me so he could hear what the doctor had to say. My boyfriend waited until we got out of the office. Then my boyfriend said well that was a little harsh. A little harsh? Yeah, I'd say so. Oh, btw my bariatric surgeon is thrilled with my progress so at least there is a happy medium there.

Have you discussed this with your LB doctor? Have you told him what a complete donkey's rear end he has been too you. I'm with everyone else... fire him and get a new PCP. You don't have to stand for him treating you like that. Good luck darling...

OMG! I'd have a new doctor yesterday! I just had to change PCP not because I wanted to but because she moved;( however she was always supportive even when I weighed 421 pounds! She always made me feel good about myself. Best wishes to you you're doing a fantastic job!

Very sad that so called professionals act so UN professionally toward their patients. There are some Dr.'s that I think forgot that they are there to HELP other's and not make them feel badly. Do no harm isn't that part of the oath that they take?

His words are tantamount to bullying and it's wrong plain and simple. You are a strong person, and I'm glad that you were able to take his comments in stride and not let it derail you from your weight loss efforts.