Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any other September 2013 bandsters?

One month today!!! Hard to believe. Feels like its been forever ago

Whoop whoop ! This time last month we were gassy and swollen and sip sip sippin....now I'm just starving and waiting on my first fill !!! Happy Band Day Anniversary

Had my first fill today. Easy, just not looking forward to 2 days of liquids, followed by 2 days of puree, then one day of soft. But then real food again.

Had my first fill today. Easy' date=' just not looking forward to 2 days of liquids, followed by 2 days of puree, then one day of soft. But then real food again.[/quote']

I would gladly go back to liquids for two days just so long as I'm not so hungry anymore !

Hi everyone!! Sorry I've been gone for a few days. I had a great time at the media shoot for the PBR this week! Took over 5,000 photos! However, I found it very hard to stick to any sort of controlled eating. They provide food for you throughout the the event for the whole 5 days in the media room and this is the only food you have available to you! So, although I tried to stick to Protein and veggies, I knew I would need the extra energy to stand on me feet for 5 hours straight each day so I indulged in the Cookies, or brownies, or cheesecake they provided each day. Just one each day for the extra sugar but I paid for it! I gained 1 lb this week and stayed the same last week. Now it's Monday and the start of a new week...Time to get back to reality and back on track!!!

I get my fill on Thursday which I can't wait for since I have little restriction and can eat most anything! Come on Thursday!

Had my first fill today, and it was a breeze! I currently have 5cc's, and am going back next month. So glad the fill wasn't painful at all...didn't really know what to expect.

First fill tomorrow hopefully. Getting much hungrier and snacking more then I should. Very nervous that they won't give me a fill or that I have a stretched pouch since I can eat so much.

My first fill went well. I have to admit, I was scared and my nurse offered to give me litacain before the fill so I wouldn't feel the needle. Litacain stings really bad so I opted to pull up my big girl pants and just go for the fill. It was not bad at all. I barely felt it. I am so glad I didn't numb myself first, I am sure that would have been worse.

As far as my fill working, I was on all liquids the day of the fill, mushies yesterday, and today I am eating soft foods. I have noticed some restriction, but not a ton.This morning when eating a scrambled egg, I took too big of a bite and felt it sit there for a few. My band was completely empty and they put in 3 cc which seems like the norm for a first fill. I actually go in another week to follow up and they will add more if needed.

I hope this helps!

Kyrie

I got my second fill last week, (Wednesday the 23rd). They added an additional 1.5 cc's so I am now up to 4.5 in the 10 band. I did feel more restriction, but I can still pretty much get anything down. The biggest thing I notice is if I drink too much at once. My nurse said that at I should hopefully hit the green zone around 5.5-6 ccs. I go in next week for a check up and fill.

I did stress my concerns at sitting at a 12 lbs loss since surgery. My nurse took measurements, and even though I am not down weight wise, I am down inches! Yay! She was telling me that since I am eating so much Protein, my body is converting fat to muscle. So even though I don't see a change in the lbs, I am still changing in my body shape!

I am hoping everything is going well for everyone!

First fill tomorrow hopefully. Getting much hungrier and snacking more then I should. Very nervous that they won't give me a fill or that I have a stretched pouch since I can eat so much.

You will do great! Don't stress about stretching your pouch, it's pretty normal to get hungry after a month or so. If your Dr. is like mine, they will probably give you a fill, but will go low and slow. It really is a test of patience! Good luck and keep us posted!

I'm with you - I feel the same way! My fill is Thursday. But isn't that why we need the fill?

I'm with you - I feel the same way! My fill is Thursday. But isn't that why we need the fill?

My fill is all done. Now I have 3cc in my band. My nurse said she wants me to eat normally no liquids then mushies then normal. She said that I don't have to worry about my band being messed up because I didn't have any liquid in my band. Now the real work begins.

post-355098-13838373831616_thumb.jpg

ouch! did it hurt?

Nope just like a shot. And a little pop.

I called the doc today because I don't know what I did, but now I have pretty horrible left shoulder pain. It comes every time I enhale deeply, burp, or swallow too hard. Doc says it's referred pain from diaphragm. IT HURTS as bad as post surgery at some points. So doc gave me an rx and I came home to eat. I think it feels a lot better after I have a fuller tummy. He says it should go away. Let's hope. Tomorrow is my 1 month bandaversary! I will Celebrate by NOT eating any Halloween candy. LOL!!!!!