Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any other September 2013 bandsters?

NewMeDebbie, that's my surgery date too! ???ƒ

Hello all I am getting banded Sept 9 2013. Little nervous to be honest but it will all be good.

Well I Am on day #3 of pre op diet. My doctor told me, just dont eat any carbs. No liquids diet or Protein shakes.. Its kinda like an Adkins diet. My surgery is the 6th, and im so excited, its been a long way coming.

Anyone else have their doctor no give them a liquid diet?

-Debbi

Well I Am on day #3 of pre op diet. My doctor told me' date=' just dont eat any carbs. No liquids diet or Protein shakes.. Its kinda like an Adkins diet. My surgery is the 6th, and im so excited, its been a long way coming.

Anyone else have their doctor no give them a liquid diet?

-Debbi[/quote']

I'm on a similar diet. I can have some carbs (50-100g) but no bread grain or Pasta. Fruits and veggies are ok though. My surgery is the 10th and I have done for a week so far.

Day 3 of the pre-op diet. It's...going. Some things are better than others. I miss the pleasure of food, healthy and unhealthy. I miss the variety of "what will I have today?". So far the biggest choices I get to make are chicken broth vs. beef broth and vanilla shake vs. chocolate. My energy level has been swinging pretty wildly--sometimes I feel fine or even a bit "up", other times I'm like a zombie.

I've been adding garlic, broccoli, and frozen pepper & onion blend to my broth at night. That makes a big difference. It feels like real food and it helps me feel satisfied, which is wonderful.

The Bariatric Advantage shakes turned out to be revolting, at least in the strawberry flavor. I'm honestly still queasy just thinking about the two I choked down. Fortunately the Premier Protein shakes from costco are fine, so I'm just going to return the Bariatric Advantage and stick to the other ones exclusively.

Weight-wise, things are a bit odd. Last week I accompanied DH on a business trip. I did a fair amount of "last-hurrah"-ing while I was out there, and it was toward my TOM, but I was flabbergasted to see the scale up 10 full pounds in the one week since I left. I knew I hadn't eaten THAT much! Fortunately, after two days on the pre-op diet that 10 pounds is already gone. It must have been mostly retained Water, especially from all the salty junk I had eaten. I'll be curious to see how things progress since I've got another 2 weeks+ on the liquid diet.< /p>

Sending good wishes to everyone, wherever you are on your journey!

I wish I could eat fruit.. Lol the sweet cravings are the worst. Going to my BFFs family BBQ today, I know it's going to be difficult.. I just hope she doesn't put sauce on all the ribs..

I had to bump my date by a week because I forgot my daughter had a soccer tournament that weekend. So I am now booked for Friday' date=' September 13th (good thing I'm not superstitious!). I have to confess, I nearly changed my mind. I found myself thinking that I will never be able to enjoy myself on vacation again, I will never eat x, y and z again, I'm going to throw up if I make a mistake and eat too much (I have a real vomiting phobia - haven't done it since I was a child) etc. My husband put it all I'm perspective when he said "it's just food". I will still be able to travel and I will still be able to taste new foods when travelling (in small portions). food doesn't have to be the focus of the vacation. I also thought I might just try losing weight on my own again, but I have never been able to maintain the weight loss. I've been struggling with my weight for close to 15 years and I am so tired of it. I'm sure you can all relate...[/quote']

I'm the 13th too!

Also not superstitious...didn't realize what day it was until my husband pointed out.

I'm In the Denver area, where are you?

My pre-op diet plan is clear liquid for 3 days. I wonder why the difference between pre-op diets.

Day 3 of the pre-op diet. It's...going. Some things are better than others. I miss the pleasure of food, healthy and unhealthy. I miss the variety of "what will I have today?".

This is actually something I am looking forward to--not having to decide what to make for dinner. I hate that!!

I got Bariatric Advantage chocolate, and I love it. It's SO much better than the Protein Shakes I was having (Unsweetened Choco Almond Milk + Jay Robb whey in Vanilla).

Good luck to us all!!! We can do it! Think of how much weight we'll lose before our bands are even on!

Getting banded on Sept. 13th! So excited to have a date! Good luck to everyone on their journeys!

I Going to my BFFs family BBQ today, I know it's going to be difficult..

Oh, I hear you. DH and I went for a walk in a state park yesterday and as we had to walk by all the families grilling out I was afraid lives would be lost! Luckily he hustled me out of there in time.

Good job staying strong!

This is actually something I am looking forward to--not having to decide what to make for dinner. I hate that!!

That's great! There's got to be an upside to everything.

I think the best thing I'm getting out of this is a new appreciation for food. Being on such a limited/restricted diet is really making me look forward to being banded and being able to eat again. Even if it's much less and there are things I probably won't be able to tolerate anymore, after 3 weeks of Protein Shakes and broth there will be no whining about how I'm feeling "deprived" because I can't eat half a large pizza by myself!