Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any other September 2013 bandsters?

I have not heard anything about needing an EDG. Is this normally routine pre op or just case by case?

It's an upper GI and it seems routine for my doctor. It was like an assembly line because many are scheduled on the same day and the surgery center here in Vegas...

Hi.....I was just told im scheduled for 9/10!!!

Hi.....I was just told im scheduled for 9/10!!!

I'm scheduled for 9/10 too :)

I just had my case submitted to my insurance company on Friday YAY! Finally jumped thru all the hoops! ???ƒ Hopefully I will be scheduled in the next few weeks. So excited to begging this journey if getting and staying healthy!!

I am reading all your threads and trying to figure out why my process is taking so long. First appt with surgeon was on July 3. Got my insurance approval 3 weeks later. Since then I have had an appt with a pulmonary dr, a cardiologist, a psychologist, a pre surgery class, asleep study, a pulmonary function test and an appt with a nutritionist. I can't figure out if it is because of the surgeons requirements, my age or insurance requirements or all of the above. Has anyone else gone through all these tests. By the way

Mine will also be an out patient procedure. I like the idea of recuperating at home...

Mine is out patient as well, that us pretty much the norm.

I am reading all your threads and trying to figure out why my process is taking so long. First appt with surgeon was on July 3. Got my insurance approval 3 weeks later. Since then I have had an appt with a pulmonary dr' date=' a cardiologist, a psychologist, a pre surgery class, asleep study, a pulmonary function test and an appt with a nutritionist. I can't figure out if it is because of the surgeons requirements, my age or insurance requirements or all of the above. Has anyone else gone through all these tests. By the way[/quote']

There are so many hoops to jump thru for the insurance company! The surgeon requires the cardio, sleep study, EDG, psych eval., at least in my case. I began all if this in early June!!! Just waiting for ins. approval, then surgery date!

I am reading all your threads and trying to figure out why my process is taking so long. First appt with surgeon was on July 3. Got my insurance approval 3 weeks later. Since then I have had an appt with a pulmonary dr' date=' a cardiologist, a psychologist, a pre surgery class, asleep study, a pulmonary function test and an appt with a nutritionist. I can't figure out if it is because of the surgeons requirements, my age or insurance requirements or all of the above. Has anyone else gone through all these tests. By the way[/quote']

yes! most of us have had all those tests as well. I am on the countdown, 3rd day of liquid diet and doing good! once the ball gets rolling it rolls fast! my surgery is Sept 4th (next Wednesday) I am ready and doing everything I can to be the healthiest candidate so I will have a successful surgery and life after lapband success! good luck to you! my advice would be to communicate with your surgeons office and get a plan for you! its fun to get things checked off that to do list!!

So glad to hear. I thought I was the only one. Good luck I hope you get a date for surgery soon

yes! most of us have had all those tests as well. I am on the countdown' date=' 3rd day of liquid diet and doing good! once the ball gets rolling it rolls fast! my surgery is Sept 4th (next Wednesday) I am ready and doing everything I can to be the healthiest candidate so I will have a successful surgery and life after lapband success! good luck to you! my advice would be to communicate with your surgeons office and get a plan for you! its fun to get things checked off that to do list!![/quote']

I have been checking them off as I complete my apps. Good luck to you next week.

My surgery date is Sept 11 and I have to get a ultrasound of the heart Friday praying my heart is normal and can move forward with this procedure starting my liquid diet earlier to get myself used to the lifestyle in case I slip I'm still ok with time I'm hoping to lose 20lbs and I will post the activity I did that day...this blogging may give me motivation to get off the couch and work on myself and for the future I pray everyday Jehovah gives me the strength and control not to mess this life changing way of life because my family needs me more than being a person on the couch or in hospitals it gets depressing to see how your life can flash by and when your this weight everyone shuffles around you but I want to be with the shuffle not afraid if I fit in a chair at someone's house or event or afraid to break a chair so you sit as lightly as you can never enjoying a conversation because your attention is on your weight I can't wait for my mind to be at ease and see myself as an inspiration maybe to others to take this journey and put your heart into because you are beautiful and worth every pound you struggle to lose because I know the feeling of walking to a doctor office and the lady nicely puts the scale 100 lbs less than you weigh and you say move it over and she moves it up another 50lbs and your like no one more can't wait until I can proudly stand straight not at an angle and be under 200lbs thank you for reading and congrats on the new YOU... :)

I had to do 4 INS required weigh ins, psych eval, blood work. I didn't have to do the sleep study because I had one in 2011 and didn't have to see the cardio either even though that one surprised me due to a past heart attack. It could be a combo of both the surgeon and ins required hoops to jump through! Good luck your day will be here before you know it!

There are so many hoops to jump thru for the insurance company! The surgeon requires the cardio' date=' sleep study, EDG, psych eval., at least in my case. I began all if this in early June!!! Just waiting for ins. approval, then surgery date![/quote']

Now I am really getting scared. I haven't seen a cardiologist or pulm, last sleep study was 5+ years ago, egd was 5+ years ago and never had a psych eval. Ins approved mine and surg is 9/3.

Has anyone else not had to have all this testing? Did they forget something? Calling office first thing in morning.